Author Topic: Issues on assessing crafted Item qualities  (Read 760 times)

bewoi

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Issues on assessing crafted Item qualities
« on: October 16, 2013, 06:43:18 pm »
Hello Community,

i recently discovered PlaneShift, and decided to give it a shot. I decided to create a charakter based around crafting. With much digging into the topic i found my way through the crafting system and have managed to create some decent products. So far everything works in a logical manner (except on the wild random quality issue discussed elswhere).
My problem lies with the finished product. Though i get a rough Qualitiy assesement (for example: Superior Longsword) and a Quality score (for example: 180), i do not get any further information. Where there is a Delay and a Slash score on Vendor bought Weapons there is only a note that my products are magical and need to be identified. This leads to the following Questions:

• Why should a Craftsman not be able to asses the Qualities of his Products? It should be part of the skill.
  • How can i accomplish this identification?

Digging through the Forums i found that some advanced magic would produce the desired results, but seriosly? Advanced magic to asses the sharpness of a simple freshly crafted blade without magic properties? It seems not logical since any craftsman of skill should be able to asses these things. So please help - it's not something that keeps me from advancing my charakter, but it keeps bugging me and could very well drive my charakter insane.

Regards,
B.
Thinor Thinfarnorzak - Miner, Craftsman and natural Philosopher

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Issues on assessing crafted Item qualities
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 08:26:54 pm »
Hi bewoi,

Quick answers.

1 - This is a bug which will be fixed in the next server update. But the delay and a slash you see on crafted items will all be the same. Only true magic items have any variation on the basic values.

2 - To identify 'magic' items you need to use Blue way spells.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 08:29:00 pm by Venalan »

bewoi

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Re: Issues on assessing crafted Item qualities
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 11:15:54 pm »
Thanks a lot!  :)
Thinor Thinfarnorzak - Miner, Craftsman and natural Philosopher