Author Topic: New guy here  (Read 1658 times)

theeccentric

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: New guy here
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2013, 02:46:48 am »
ahhh now that cleared up quite a few questions I had, thank you rigwyn. As for the magic ways, hmm if thats the case that would actually fit my rp character perfectly as long as technically it is possible to fully master both. oooh il definitely be using that site from now on thank you. That being said I just realized I never answered the question of what times I play, I apologize for that. I'll be playing a decent amount in the morning, but mainly at night. My time zone being central.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2013, 02:53:09 am »
Central Europe? Central Asia? ... Nah, probably american Central Standard Time.

BTW, chats in "Guild" channel are often considered auto-OOC by many guilds. Only relevant for you if you are member of a guild. And unfortunately, switching the user interface to a state where additional channels (Guild / Group / ...) are displayed is overly complex, due to nonsensical default values (and we try to convince the Boss for ages that they are, but he insists in believing that newcomers prefer a simplified UI to avoid confusion, despite all the confusion while upgrading it).
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 02:56:56 am by LigH »

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

theeccentric

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2013, 03:00:02 am »
*snaps* Scuse me yes thats correct, im not used to having to clarify that. Understood thank you.

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2013, 04:04:46 am »
Regarding opposing ways, when you go to the magic shop and do the quests there, Levrus will give you lots of IC information on the ways. More IC information is revealed via quests and in-game books.

Mixing dark way and crystal way is not quite like playing the wolf in sheep's clothing, but rather more akin to mixing bleach and ammonia.  ;D   

There is plenty of room for Heresy, Apostasy, deception, backstabbing, and spying if that is where you were going with the idea of mixing opposing ways XD

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2013, 04:24:23 am »
Religion is extremely important in this world. Gods are factual. Try not to roleplay a disinterested character.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2013, 06:48:33 am »
Other stereotypical kinds of character from different "universes", instead, are not appreciated here (e.g. vampires).

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2013, 07:47:16 am »
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2013, 12:20:48 pm »
That .gif made me giggle.

At any rate. Welcome to the game, m'boy. Most people are just raring to meet new players, as you can probably tell by this thread. Shoot me a /tell if ya need anything. I bop around!

Welcome to Planeshift.

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2013, 12:57:07 pm »
And unfortunately, switching the user interface to a state where additional channels (Guild / Group / ...) are displayed is overly complex.....

You'll be happy to hear that from version 0.6 changing the visible tabs will be just a matter of ticking the boxes for the tabs you want too and clicking save. No more restarting to refresh the windows. One of many things I'm really happy I got done.

On another note, welcome to the game. The devs (me included) love making this game and love it more when people enjoy it. I hope you have fun.

theeccentric

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2013, 01:05:23 pm »
oh I was actually going for more of a healer wanting to research both life and death to better understand healing as a whole. Understood thank you ill definitely take that into consideration, thats one of my favorite parts of the game history actually, the gods. ahh I was actually thinking those sorts of characters would be rather chaotic to rp but wasn't sure. Haha seems so, its quite refreshing. I definitely will give you a /tell, look forward to meetin ya.

theeccentric

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2013, 01:08:23 pm »
I can see that from just viewing the game itself, the detail is absolutely amazing, whether that be story, scenery, or simple interface functions. You guys truly do wish to create a game with such effort put in it, as well as actually listening to all of the players, and I thank you for that. Honestly this is the first game where ive actually seen that.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 01:12:03 pm by theeccentric »

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2013, 01:31:00 pm »
... wanting to research both life and death to better understand healing as a whole.

Shameless advertizing

The Knowledge Seekers would be honored to offer a place in the Yliakum University to such a science interested person... I bet that Cirerey, Professor of Experimental Theology, will enjoy exchanging experiences about this topic; he used to lead the "Cult of the Wheel".

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile

Rirenil Masdo

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2013, 05:52:34 pm »
Other stereotypical kinds of character from different "universes", instead, are not appreciated here (e.g. vampires).

i like this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vA6ZL7_y7I
"Jekkar really is Planeshift's very own Van Gogh - an iconoclastic rulebreaker, unheralded by his peers, who must await for history to recognise his talents at a later date." - Rinenud
"Jekkar is an old one-eared smelly elitist party-pooper jerkface."  - Neko K

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2013, 09:33:08 pm »
Welcome to the game!

There's good info in the previous posts.  My two little suggestions is- take your time to explore your character and the life choices you will be making, in quests, before you commit to any guild.  Who your character is determines what kind of guild will help you grow into a deepening personality ig.  You mentioned a healer, and a researcher, so look for players who's ig characters value life, who have trusted friends, and who are also committed to healing.

Second suggestion is a reiteration. Do as many quests as you can, you'll no doubt find out huge amounts of lore and world realities from them. And keep your ig eyes open to other sources of info beyond the words of npcs and pcs.... there are signposts, things to read in surprising places, and dynamic states of the environment that will be of eventual use as your character grows. 

Look for me, Roled, a Dermorian elf, if you want, and RR as I call my character, will be happy to help you out if he can.
RR
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala