Author Topic: Riverlings Quest  (Read 830 times)

huggablehedgehog

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Riverlings Quest
« on: January 11, 2014, 05:43:20 pm »
Hello all, I used to play this game about 3-4 years ago I think it was, and was wanting to revisit old memories. I started over again, as I forgot my last account, and was doing the first leatherworking quest. I noticed that a new mob was introduced, one called a Riverling. I searched around the map and could not find any of them. When I found one, it was an armored Riverling. I was just curious where one might find an unarmored Riverling? Thanks

bilbous

Re: Riverlings Quest
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 06:51:05 pm »
They tend to be grouped with the armored ones. Perhaps the one you saw had been dragged away from its home body of water.

huggablehedgehog

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 06:52:56 pm »
Yea, it was near the cutthroat pass area, guess I'll head back that way and see what I can find, thanks

bilbous

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 09:02:49 pm »
As far as I recall they are only between Hydlaa and the fortress and not out Oja way. You need to be careful because the armored ones will chase you if you get too close, you might need to climb a tall rock for safety, magic or bow and arrows may help. Of course there are a bunch of different critters gathered in the Arena as well.

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 02:31:09 am »
Look near a river.. or body of water for that matter.

tman

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 07:59:20 pm »
Also, if you're having trouble killing one I'd bet you could find someone willing to sell you a few hides or help you out on a hunt.
You can't teach a pig to sing.  It'll never work, and you'll annoy the pig.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 03:11:10 am »
PlaneShift is in general more balanced to ... uhm, support ... grouping for a hunt now than years ago, especially with the current tribe model. It should not be too hard to find a partner, though, you may announce this wish on in-game or in-forum billboards to make appointments.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty