Author Topic: Without a Way  (Read 1247 times)

DawnOfSkies

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Without a Way
« on: March 31, 2014, 01:36:07 pm »
this quest is pissing me off greatly. who's the kran at jayose's library? that levrus is asking for in Without a way?

Mouli

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Without a Way
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 02:06:06 pm »
Nobody will give you answer on the forum DawnOfSkies (No spoilers on the forum), but this can easily get answered by anyone in Game... so better for you to ask around Harnquist ICly than here.
Too many chiefs, not enough Indians...

Zalya

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 03:04:23 pm »
Some NPC's do move as well. If you can't find one, you may have to wait a bit until they reappear.
(23:25:58) Elady says: Zalya are you trying to eat a ruby?
Zalya's RP likes and Dislikes

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 02:36:30 am »
Especially during night times (according to the in-game time, visible in the "Info" window), many NPCs also go home to have some sleep.

This is "realistic", but "not at all funny" in a multi-player game where, in contrast to a single-player game, your character can't sleep as well to skip the night. But the boss decided to do so.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 03:39:41 am »
But the boss decided to do so.
Really?
I don't even know if NPCs still go to sleep.

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 04:26:37 am »
Especially during night times (according to the in-game time, visible in the "Info" window), many NPCs also go home to have some sleep.

This is "realistic", but "not at all funny" in a multi-player game where, in contrast to a single-player game, your character can't sleep as well to skip the night. But the boss decided to do so.

As soon as the next update will be pushed to the server, they will no longer disappear to sleep. The next release is a matter of days, we've just had a delay to fix a few unforeseen bugs.

kiaerulf

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 06:22:40 am »
As soon as the next update will be pushed to the server, they will no longer disappear to sleep. The next release is a matter of days, we've just had a delay to fix a few unforeseen bugs.
Sorry, but I just have to ask: Should this be read as you have planned all other bugs? ;)
If that is the case, I'll buy all the devs a case of beer if you stop plan all those bugs.  :flowers:

:P

- Kia

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2014, 07:51:18 am »
Sorry, but I just have to ask: Should this be read as you have planned all other bugs? ;)
If that is the case, I'll buy all the devs a case of beer if you stop plan all those bugs.  :flowers:

:P

- Kia
well there are things you know they can go wrong from time to time :P ... worse is when there are things you weren't expecting to go that wrong :P ... btw aside some nasty bugs the latest client is one of the most stable I've ever tested.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2014, 08:12:24 am »
@ Boni:

When it was introduced. And a long time after. The complaints threshold to convince about a feature being not useful is quite high.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2014, 08:13:02 am »
Correction;

It is THE MOST stable client PlaneShift has ever had, and I'm talking back to 0.3.18 when I joined. Every Dev is really really excited about all the stability fixes people like Jilare have done. On a normal day I get 0 random crashes, when I use to get 1-2.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2014, 08:33:23 am »
Still, there is room for improvement. But I believe most "rest" reasons are related to graphic driver interna or a lack of free RAM interfering with the background loader.

Some people still crash in specific map loading portals (East gate, arena tunnel); in contrast, I am able to run between Ojaveda and Eagle Fortress several times in a row. On an older XP PC with only a GeForce 6800, i get "race conditions" (fully utilized Dual Core CPU) at the borders of hydlaa_jayose (coming from the East passage or out of the library), but no problems on any better PC (GeForce 8K+).

Some people still crash for no apparent reason (maybe when any character with an unusual attribute appears in the recognition range).

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2014, 10:21:20 am »
@LigH: we're talking about the yet unreleased client we're testing internally, not the last client available for download.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2014, 12:20:26 pm »
I thought this thread is about a quest? ;) ;) ... Okay. I have no experience with an unreleased client yet. And also I guess it is partially in the client, partially in the maps data. We will see after the release.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

bilbous

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2014, 02:16:01 pm »
the biggest problem with the quest is the endless blather from Levrus. Nobody in their right minds want to go through that a second time much less 5 more times.

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2014, 02:49:53 pm »
the biggest problem with the quest is the endless blather from Levrus. Nobody in their right minds want to go through that a second time much less 5 more times.

Fixed pending release.