Author Topic: Best place to find other people To talk to/RP with  (Read 2112 times)

vaultboyt3

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Best place to find other people To talk to/RP with
« on: May 20, 2014, 02:43:50 am »
Hello, i am new to this game and have just spoke to the blacksmith guy about all the different types of crafting.

One problem that i have with MMOs is that if i don't find other players with similar intrests or who want to do similar things i tend to get bored and stop playing.

Where is the best place to find said people? i have checked the tavern and found it deserted and anybody i have came accross has been busy with something so i chose not to disturb them out of politeness.

I am not new to RP since i do it a lot in MMOs and even single player games.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 02:55:58 am by vaultboyt3 »

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Best place to find other people To talk to/RP with
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 03:19:14 am »
Glad you asked.

we have a few in-game chat chanels for finding people who rp.
/join lrp
/join rp

Alternatively, you can just ask in the gossip tab.

Kada-El's tavern is one common place, the plaza is another. Sometimes its just hit or miss, at least until you get to know people. If you look at the in-game roleplay events section of the forum, you'll see some names to look out for too.

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Main: Waesed Waesech
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 03:20:44 am »
The RCD is a good place to meet RPers. The other thing is to join a guild with like interests. For instance, Ad Libertatem is a guild that opposes the Octarchy, mainly in a nonviolent manner, and has many master craftsmen and Way masters who can help you.

Mariana Xiechai

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 08:32:28 am »
 Politeness much appreciated, but disturb me! ;D I love to see new faces and would be thrilled to have a new player walk up and engage me. I'm usually bopping about on Mariana or Evirea ;D. Also, you can sometimes catch up on gossip and smallchatter around Harnquist's smithy, just to get started.

Cairn

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Older than a few mountains.
    • View Profile
    • Creative Minds Forum
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 11:25:20 am »
I usually have a character lounging at Kada's when it's appropriate for them to do so, or the RDC when it's open. Nowhere better to just start things.
I regret to announce that this is the end.

I bid you all a very fond farewell

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 06:04:14 pm »
I share Mariana's sentiment. Look for Chays, Aleeane, or Ilase.  :D
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2014, 04:00:09 pm »
Welcome!
Ditto the other replies.. . Hanging around Harnquist the smithy is another good way to meet especially crafters and hunters. Lots of players sell their loot to Harnquist and are happy to say hello and meet other players in character. Lots of crafters do their work at Hanquist's too, as well of course as the smithies in Ojaveda, Amdeneir and Gugrontid. Most people will respond!

Look for crafting guilds too in the /who command, after character's name, many guilds indicate their focus in their name, like the Way of the Hammer, or Imperial Trades, or Knowledge Seekers or Explorers. Just ask if you can watch, go with them somewhere, show you where a mine is, etc.

Have fun! RP is great in PS, just ask a question ic and poof! most times you're in a convo before you know it.  \\o//
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

Demagul Riwe

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Demagul, Veirys, Fenoren, and more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 08:26:24 pm »
My character's always looking for some good RP. :) He likes to hang out in the valleys on BD1 (the road near Levrus's shop). Also, try adding me to your buddy list so you can see when I'm online. Then you can just PM me so we can meet IC.

Sarren

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2014, 12:13:17 am »
Or find me  ;D I always like finding new people

Xaladin Kerag

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 10:33:37 pm »
If you see me around, just find a way to catch my attention...