Author Topic: Questions about the game.  (Read 1568 times)

Facekillz058

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Questions about the game.
« on: February 24, 2015, 07:24:48 pm »
Hello, Planeshift forums.

I recently started playing yesterday, and, well, this is a confusing game.
But my questions aren't even about the mechanics so this small paragraph is redundant.

My questions are as such:
How alive is this game? I've seen a total of two players, and I think they might have just been the same person twice.

And secondly, how long do dropped objects stay in the game world?

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Main: Waesed Waesech
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
Re: Questions about the game.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 07:58:32 pm »
When you first log into the game it tells you how many other players are online at that moment.

When you drop something it will stay there until it's picked up by you or someone else.

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 11:22:06 pm »
Lots of times its the time zone and day of the week that affects the players in game at any particular moment..
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 03:08:09 am »
How alive is this game? I've seen a total of two players, and I think they might have just been the same person twice.
http://planeshift.teamix.org/index.php?page=stats

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 03:19:00 am »
The community is small but very much alive. Try evenings and weekend afternoons in the Pacific time zone if you can.
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Sulaika

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 06:17:22 am »
http://planeshift.teamix.org/index.php?page=char_stats I simply check here often, how many people are online. Always countable  ;D You can also just simply type in game /who then a list appears with names that are online and also the numbers of players. And hey EU-Time evenings amount of player isn't so worse either ;)

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 07:25:15 am »
Welcome! :)
The community is small but usually very welcoming, you may also want to join some of the events the players or the GM team host (usually in the week-end). Check the calendar here for more information: http://www.planeshift.it/calendar/

Tidebringer

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • A wanderer at heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2015, 03:55:48 pm »
Yes, welcome!  :)
It's always nice to meet new players. (Or even new-ish ones.)
Generally I find that Kada El's tavern is empty, unless it's been a few hours since the majority of the European population has logged off...
In which case it can sometimes be so crowded you have to crawl along the railing just to get to the roof.
So it really depends on when you get on.
(Also sometimes people are out in the wilderness on quests, and not hanging about in Hydlaa.)
Buy some goods, sell some bads, at the Weekly Hydlaa Market!
You might know me as Fesara Fuhay: Herbalist, Scribe, and Aspiring Healer ;)

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 05:18:51 pm »
Finding role play can be tricky given the population and size of the world. I think someone set up a chat channel for finding rp. it was /rp I think? or /lrp ?  (gossip channel works just as well, though some folks may not want to relocate or draw more characters based on ooc info ).  I don't think Kada El's is as popular of a spot as it used to be. That and people sometimes rp in guild houses, or other tricky to find places. Best bet is to get to know people here and give it time.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2015, 02:52:12 am »
Don't forget the command to join the channel: /join rp (if you also did not disable gossip, you can then talk there with: /2 ...)

You may want to add this to your autostart command set if you want to regularly use it.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Demagul Riwe

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Demagul, Veirys, Fenoren, and more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2015, 06:50:39 am »
Welcome to the world of Planeshift, Facekillz058  :D As some of us have said before, it's a small community, but very much active and welcoming. My advice for getting involved in some interesting RP is to start getting to know some of the players. I'd love to RP with you and help ICly introduce you to some players.  :) Just add Demagul to your buddy list and send me a /tell when you want to RP.  :sorcerer: