Author Topic: Game crashes as soon as it loads  (Read 731 times)

AlienAdventurer

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Game crashes as soon as it loads
« on: November 29, 2015, 04:40:01 pm »
Hi, sorry if this isn't the correct place to ask this.  I installed PlaneShift this morning and enjoyed exploring the world for a few hours. The game was working fine, then it crashed.  After rebooting my computer I am unable to reload my character?  The program loads ok, i can sign in and select my character, however as soon as the game world appears the game crashes.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, made sure PlaneShift is updated (client v0.6.4, launcher v3.07), and deleted and recreated my character.  Still as soon as the world loads the game crashes.

I am running linux on an:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2328M CPU @ 2.20GHz
6GB DDR3 RAM
VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)

Any ideas what I should try next? if you need more info on my system feel free to ask.

Thanks

AlienAdventurer

Shatterkiss

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Game crashes as soon as it loads
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 02:16:37 am »
Sometimes it helps if a GM (or Dev, for that matter) moves your character to a new location. You can contact a GM on irc: http://www.planeshift.it/IRC in the #planeshift-gmtalk channel, or you can create another character and try to contact a GM in the game.

You can also try the suggestions in this thread: http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=42353.0;topicseen

ZrSmVxO3KWkulMShZqOsTgqSA

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 12:46:26 am »
I had this problem, I also have an integrated graphics chip.  The game will try to setup a custom graphics configuration which does not work.  You can use the launcher to set graphics preferences, I started with the lowest and worked up the levels until I got to Normal.  I found at those lower settings I was able to get the game to work. 

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 03:28:17 pm »
Your username is so long it runs through your message.
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows