Author Topic: Help with alchemy  (Read 918 times)

Apener

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Help with alchemy
« on: August 10, 2016, 07:57:42 pm »
I'm new. And I want to learn alchemy and cooking. But no one will teach me

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Help with alchemy
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 01:28:41 am »
Hello. I hope your character is not alone in Yliakum. So if your character wants to learn professions there, your character should talk to others there. Often you may meet only few others, and they may be busy; but during the weekends are the best chances to meet other characters especially near Harnquist's forge in Hydlaa. In the meantime, take your time to discover all the quarters of this town, and talk to most of the citizen. This will include the arena you can find at the end of the tunnel of the Old Quarry Road behind the forge, and the East quarter with library and market place, and a nice fountain in between...

Unfortunately, sometimes the merchants teaching your preferred profession may go for a walk through the town as well, so your character will have to visit different locations at different daytimes, to talk with as many citizen as there are.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 09:30:49 pm »
Look in the taverns for players who are trying to max their cooking skills. They'll be standing in front of a stove or alchemy thing-a-ma-bob for long periods of time.

The trick is to do quests for the right NPCs and they will eventually give you the things you need.

Unless I am mistaken, I think the quests that are issued in the starting area of the game tell you which NPCs to talk to for developing various skills? It's been a while. I could be wrong.

Jessamine

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 11:51:23 pm »
Look for Jess in game, she would be more than happy to help you learn about cooking! Send her a groffel or you can usually find her hanging around Harnquist or her favorite kitchen is the one at Kada-els tavern. She even knows a few alchemists she could introduce you to.

Apener

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 04:46:14 pm »
Thanks. I'm apenere anere in game