Author Topic: Jongleur's Balls Quest  (Read 834 times)

eribotes

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Jongleur's Balls Quest
« on: August 11, 2016, 11:03:57 am »
I've started Serevim's Jongleur's Balls quest and correctly answered the first two riddles but when I gave an answer to the third: "If a candle is lit in an empty room and no one sees it, does it still cast a light?" (I answered 'Yes') Levrus just replied "Do you know what you're saying, because I don't".

I then tried various combinations of words but haven't been able to elicit any response or hint from Levrus that relates to the quest; all he now does is either repeat "Do you know what you're saying, because I don't" or says "What?  You're not making any sense, you are".

I'm all out of ideas.

Izzabella

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Outlaws
Re: Jongleur's Balls Quest
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 01:15:06 pm »
Did you select that you knew the answer? Or just type the answer? I find that sometimes confuses the NPC if I don't do that first.
You can always do an in game petition and someone can assist you and see where you are at on the quest and if you did mess it up, I've done this quest however recently enough that I don't think it's a bugged quest or anything. I'm sorry I'm not of much help- Maybe even try going to back now and see what Levrus has to say to you and where it picks up at and  try again?

eribotes

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 03:49:03 pm »
Thanks for responding.

I just typed in the answer, as I had done for the first two questions, which worked ok.

I gave a couple of incorrect answers to the first two questions, before getting the correct answers, but when I did give the incorrect answers the responses I got back were pretty clear prompts to try again, unlike the 'You're talking nonsense' response I got from the third question - it was as though the NPC had dropped the quest.

I've never found the dialogue option that starts "I know the answer to... (or whatever it says - some of the text in it looks a bit borked) to actually do anything other than tell me to type the answer anyway so stopped bothering to use it.

I'm just about to re-log so I'll try re-visiting to see if anything has changed.

eribotes

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 02:05:44 pm »
Fwiw, as I couldn't make any progress with this, I accepted Levrus's first Coal quest and then, when I returned with his coal, he displayed the dialogue allowing me to complete the Jongleur's Balls quest.

However, I think that there may be further problems with Levrus's quest handling because I then accepted his 'More Coal' quest but when I returned with more coal the only relevant dialogue I got was an option to decline the very same 'More Coal' quest.

I've put the details in a petition.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 02:18:03 pm »
General hint: Whenever you are in a quest, try to keep talking to the NPC using the context menu (right-click, "mouth" button) until there are no more replies available, if you don't have the NPC dialog active anyway.

Sometimes I fell for wrong assumptions regarding quest dialogs, e.g. I assumed that a dialog ended and already moved to the next NPC which did not follow up the quest, while instead there was a last reply from the NPC I just left...

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 05:12:06 pm »
I've had a look at this, and spoken to the player in game. Turns out it was a combination of not clicking menu options, but typing 'yes' (which will almost never work unless you are required to type a text response), coupled with not noticing the right arrow to the next page of quest options.

For anyone reading this looking for help with similar things. The (3/4) is an indication of how many quest menu options are open with the npc you are talking to. The '4' indicates a total of 4 options, the '3' means you are looking at option 3 of 4. There are left and right arrows which appear when it is possible to move left and right to show more pages of menu options.

So all is sorted.  :)

Izzabella

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Outlaws
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2016, 03:35:57 am »
I wondered about that latter... And yeah it took me a while to notice the arrow that continued on the first few times as well. Glad you got it all sorted out!