Author Topic: An assortment of minute questions/remarks  (Read 745 times)

netforce10

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
An assortment of minute questions/remarks
« on: October 27, 2016, 09:56:01 am »
As the title indicates I've some small questions and remarks. For some I think I already know the answer but I might have overlooked something.

1. (How) is distance/weight/volume tracked IC in the game?

2. Why aren't basic recipes(like cutting plants) which aren't timed(i.e. pot/furnace) inherent in all books of the skill? I mainly ask because it's quite annoying to hassle with the books.

3. Is there any way to make honey/cloth for poultice/kitchen knives currently in the game?

4. Kilas' test for education: Kilas:"how many vigesimi are there in total" Me:"vigesimi?" Kilas:"there are 160 Vigesimi" /me facepalms

5. A time for reading: why must the answer be exactly "from the inscription in the Stone of Labyrinths" instead of it checking if the answer contains inscriptions, stone and labyrinths(as seems to be done in many similar cases)?

6. As someone who conlanged I noticed the languages section of the wiki, but most haven't been edited in the last 5 years. Is there a total lack of interest in them or?

7. Brewing isn't yet implemented?:
"Combine 2 dry roasted malts, pot of hot water into 0 beer mashs." It will just fail to combine them though.
Larili Soriol

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: An assortment of minute questions/remarks
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 10:14:25 am »
As the title indicates I've some small questions and remarks. For some I think I already know the answer but I might have overlooked something.

1. (How) is distance/weight/volume tracked IC in the game?

meters/Kg

2. Why aren't basic recipes(like cutting plants) which aren't timed(i.e. pot/furnace) inherent in all books of the skill? I mainly ask because it's quite annoying to hassle with the books.
most of the time basic recipes have been shared across similar patterns to avoid changing book too often. If you can be more specific I can look deeper into the subject.

3. Is there any way to make honey/cloth for poultice/kitchen knives currently in the game?
some items are currently only available for purchase by NPCs, this include all the tools. When the tool making skill will be implemented it will be possible to craft the tools and (given time) some of the item for purchase.

7. Brewing isn't yet implemented?:
"Combine 2 dry roasted malts, pot of hot water into 0 beer mashs." It will just fail to combine them though.
brewing is implemented, the combination is working too (just tested), double check, you may be doing something wrong.

netforce10

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 11:38:43 am »
most of the time basic recipes have been shared across similar patterns to avoid changing book too often. If you can be more specific I can look deeper into the subject.

It's mainly a point with cut gobo and lavender and to a lesser extend: kingsfoil, red mangrove, sinaflar and wyn which could be put into "Nature's secret". Having the prerequisites for the salves in "Gifts of Xiosia" would be nice as well but that might go a bit further.

brewing is implemented, the combination is working too (just tested), double check, you may be doing something wrong.

I Looked again and yes, I made the mistake that a pot of water isn't a heated pot of water. Still the 0's in the crafting book are weird.
Edit: I just saw every crafting book has 0's, guess I'll go to the bug tracker.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 01:32:09 pm by netforce10 »
Larili Soriol

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 01:43:01 pm »
4. Kilas' test for education: Kilas:"how many vigesimi are there in total" Me:"vigesimi?" Kilas:"there are 160 Vigesimi" /me facepalms

This is what is known as a Knowledge Area, which is a response NPCs to have certain texts. The unfortunate situation here is that he responds to a KA on vigesimi while he is asking your about them in a quest. There is no way around this, beyond making a bunch of changes to the KAs which I don't think are necessary.

5. A time for reading: why must the answer be exactly "from the inscription in the Stone of Labyrinths" instead of it checking if the answer contains inscriptions, stone and labyrinths(as seems to be done in many similar cases)?

Put simply, it doesn't. There are a number of different answers the NPC will take. However, the system is also not built on a wild card base where it just looks for key words independent of context.

Tidebringer

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • A wanderer at heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2016, 02:00:11 pm »
Edit: I just saw every crafting book has 0's, guess I'll go to the bug tracker.

Well, I could be wrong (and you devs out there, correct me if I am), but this 0 indicates that you can, for example, combine 65 cut barberry roots and 65 mugs of hot water into 65 barberry tea mixes (not sure if this particular example works, but hopefully you get the general idea).

There weren't 0's like this before they implemented combining/working on enough ingredients that you could create more than one item in one go, but they're there now, and are not a bug.

Once again, this is just as far as I know, and I could be wrong.
Buy some goods, sell some bads, at the Weekly Hydlaa Market!
You might know me as Fesara Fuhay: Herbalist, Scribe, and Aspiring Healer ;)

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2016, 02:05:53 pm »
That's pretty much right, Tidebringer.

When rules now makes a new series of crafting (or edits an old one). If they set the number of items you get, from say a combination, from 1 or more to 0 then this tells the server that bulk crafting is allowed for this item. The server then tries to work out how many you want to make from the number and type of items that are in the container.

With the crafting books, the data in those books is automatically generated at run time from the crafting data present in the server. So this now means that every item which has bulk crafting active has 0 set for the number of items it makes, so shows 0 in the books. This isn't very ovbious for new players but is useful for showing where bulk working is posisble.