Author Topic: The Seventh Annual PlaneShift Community Awards  (Read 718 times)

Tidebringer

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • A wanderer at heart.
    • View Profile
The Seventh Annual PlaneShift Community Awards
« on: November 17, 2017, 09:11:35 pm »
The Seventh Annual PlaneShift Community Awards

For this year, I’ll be the primary host of the PlaneShift Community Awards. It seems like it should be fun! I’ll be working with Jessamine, so feel free to bug her too! :P

You’re allowed to nominate a player two to four times, but it's preferred if you can keep to nominating the same player only three times.

Rules

The Awards are split into two parts: Nominations and Voting. The Nominations open first, and once they close, Voting starts. You can only nominate once and can only vote once. You may not nominate yourself, but you can vote for yourself if you get nominated by others for any given category. Try to nominate someone for every category, but if you can’t think of someone for one, just leave it blank. To keep things simple, the award categories are separated into two sections: Character Awards and Player Awards.

Please send your nominations via PM to Tidebringer (me) or Jessamine, since we’re working together on it this year. To make things easier, just copy and paste the categories listed below with your nominations written next to them.

Nominations

Nominations begin today, November 18th, and end on December 2nd at roughly midnight GMT (give or take a little for human error). Nominations will only be accepted for those two weeks, so make sure you get yours in before it’s too late! Once the nominations close, I’ll put the results up in a separate thread, with the top three or four names per category. Voting will open December 3rd and close on December 10th at roughly midnight GMT. Voting only lasts for one week, so make sure you vote!

For those who need or want it, here’s a link to an online time zone converter: http://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/

Questions? Post them below, or send me or Jessamine a PM. Have fun! :D

Categories List

Character Awards
Friendliest Character:
Meanest Character:
Biggest Mary Sue (a perfect character with no flaws, tragic past, etc.):
Most Charismatic Character:
Most EVIL ( :devil: ) Character:
Most Chaotic Character:
Most Lawful-Good Character:
Most Helpful Character:
Creepiest Character:
Scariest Character:
Shadiest Character:
Unluckiest Character:
Luckiest Character:
Funniest Character:
Strangest Character:
Clumsiest Character:
Most Active Character:
Most Volatile Character:
Character with the Best Description:
Favorite Child Character (can be an actual character or one that's written by a player):
Most Likely to be Mugged:
Most Likely to be Doing the Mugging:
Most Likely to be Found in Kada's:
Most Likely to be Found in the Arena:
Most Likely to be Found at the Market:
Most Likely to be Found at Harnquist’s:
Most Eccentric Character:
Most Fashionable Character:
Happiest ( :flowers: ) Character:
Most Paranoid Character:

Player Awards
Most Community-involving Roleplayer:
Most Descriptive Roleplayer:
Most Ambitious Roleplayer:
Best Story Writer:
Worst Speller:
Most Likely to Have Their Character's Pose Fill the Entire Chat Window:
Funniest Forum Poster:
Best Artist:
Biggest Oldbie (AKA the 'He/She/Kra's STILL Here?!?' Award):
Most Helpful Player:
Biggest Power Leveler:
Most Active Player:
Most Active Developer:
Most Helpful Developer:
Most Active Game Master:
Most Helpful Game Master:
Most Creative Game Master:

EDIT (02:45 GMT, 18/11/2017):
  • Added "Shadiest Character" upon request.

EDIT (20:15 GMT, 19/11/2017):
  • Edited rules so you can now nominate the same player 2-4 times, with three times as being the preferred max if you're able to get away with it.
  • Added "Most Chaotic Character", "Unluckiest Character", "Strangest Character", "Clumsiest Character", and "Most Volatile Character" from suggestions.
  • Changed "Best Roleplayer" to "Most Community-involving Roleplayer", "Most Descriptive Roleplayer", and "Most Ambitious Roleplayer" for better variety.
  • Changed "Most Liked Developer" to "Most Active Developer" and "Most Helpful Developer" for better variety.
  • Changed "Most Liked Game Master" to "Most Active Game Master", "Most Helpful Game Master", and "Most Creative Game Master" for better variety.
  • Removed "Biggest Forum Spammer" and "Most Argumentative" as they'd become outdated/pointless/odd.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 06:26:50 pm by Tidebringer »
Buy some goods, sell some bads, at the Weekly Hydlaa Market!
You might know me as Fesara Fuhay: Herbalist, Scribe, and Aspiring Healer ;)

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
Re: The Seventh Annual PlaneShift Community Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 11:23:54 am »
If somebody can outfashion or be shadier than Geoni lets take it to the runway.

-sig by sarras

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 05:01:37 pm »
I'd like to suggest awards for unluckiest character, most chaotic character, and clumsiest character.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 05:05:54 pm by Volki »
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

Tidebringer

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • A wanderer at heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 09:26:34 pm »
After hearing from some people about the current awards, I've decided to make this post presenting some potential changes.

I know that editing the awards while nominations are going on can be a bit annoying or confusing to people who have sent or are working on their nominations, but as I didn't do much of anything with these lists and they're old, I feel this is as good a time as any to make some changes.

Remember that nominations do run for two weeks and we've only barely begun the first week of them. I'd say that after this first week of nominations, the awards should not be changed further for this year's run. That would allow some changes to be made to the awards lists this year while still giving everyone one week to nominate without fear of the awards changing around on them.

Again, these are only potential changes right now, so they haven't been added. I figured I'd post them to get some feedback and thoughts from all of you before sneaking them into the awards lists and rules.

Character Awards
  • Adding "Unluckiest Character" (since there's "Luckiest Character")
  • Adding "Most Chaotic Character" (since there's "Most Lawful-Good Character")
  • Adding "Clumsiest Character" (for fun, as it's supposed to be)
  • Adding "Most Volatile Character" (originally suggested as "Most Violent Character", I felt that would be odd and narrow, so changed it to something that could mean more)
  • Adding "Strangest Character" (originally suggested as "Weirdest Character", I felt "Strangest" could be more unique/fun/interesting, so changed it to that)

Player Awards
  • Changing "Best Roleplayer" to "Most Descriptive Roleplayer", "Most Ambitious Roleplayer", and/or "Most Community-involving Roleplayer" (or something like that, something that doesn't imply one roleplayer is entirely/nearly entirely "better" than the others)
  • Removing "Most Argumentative" (seems a bit pointless/odd as an award)
  • Removing "Biggest Forum Spammer" (again, seems a bit pointless/odd)
  • Changing "Most Liked Developer" to "Most Helpful Developer" and/or "Most Active Developer" (maybe something along those lines)
  • Changing "Most Liked Game Master" to "Most Helpful Game Master", "Most Active Game Master", and/or "Most Creative Game Master" (again, maybe something along those lines)

Rules
  • Allowing people to nominate the same player 2-4 times (instead of original 2-3 times)
  • Preferring people to try nominating the same player only three times (instead of original "only two times")
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 09:59:42 pm by Tidebringer »

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 11:35:54 pm »
Most Argumentative was just a way of taking a playful jab/potshot at players with controversial or intense opinions, if that helps. You won't be losing anything if it is removed since most of the history along with most the people who are earned that distinction are gone now.  :)

Tidebringer

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • A wanderer at heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 11:52:48 pm »
Well, in that case I think it's all the more pointless, now that its meaning has pretty much faded. Might even be for the best, who knows?

*Tidebringer randomly tries to kidnap Illysia.

And what about the others? I'd like feedback on those, too! ;D

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 12:47:15 am »
I won most argumentative last year even though I wasn't really around then. <_<

I like all of the changes, Tidebringer.
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2017, 03:11:03 am »
Biggest Mary Sue is going to be a little flame-baity if you ask me. I say keep it.

-sig by sarras

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2017, 11:12:42 am »
Well Volki, I'm sure I won grumpiest one of those years when I was only around for like a month or so... *shrugs* Memory is fickle like that.

Nuuuu! Nevar! *Illysia runs* You won't take me alive. I'm free now!

Biggest Mary Sue is going to be a little flame-baity if you ask me. I say keep it.

Now, now Geoni... let PS be peaceful.

Tidebringer

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • A wanderer at heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2017, 03:30:21 pm »

Nuuuu! Nevar! *Illysia runs* You won't take me alive. I'm free now!

*Tidebringer attempts to grasp the fleeing Illysia, but misses dramatically. She sighs, turning back to the announcement note cards she soon tosses off to the side.

The changes (edited rules, new awards, changed awards, and removed awards) that I posted about earlier have been incorporated into the initial post, so you can now copy from that and have all the proper awards for if and when you go to do your nominations.

To those of you who have already sent in your nominations, you might want to update them with the new (and changed) awards in mind. No need to feel rushed, though, since you've still got some time.

Have fun! :)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 03:46:47 pm by Tidebringer »

Tidebringer

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • A wanderer at heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2017, 02:32:29 pm »
*Tidebringer sneaks back into the thread.

Today is the end of the first week of nominations!

Please remember to try taking some time to pick out your nominations and send them via PM to myself (Tidebringer, of course), or Jessamine. You still have time, but it does go by quickly, so don't wait too long.

As always, have fun! :)

Jessamine

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2017, 01:56:18 pm »
Come on people! We still need more nominations! Don't be shy, even if you can only think of a few, that's fine! We want to try and include as many people who have played this year as we can!