Author Topic: PK option to make everyone happy...  (Read 1019 times)

PkEddie

• Traveller
    • View Profile
PK option to make everyone happy...
« on: May 09, 2003, 03:24:38 pm »
Do not let my name fool you I am NOT an avid supporter of PKing but i do have a few ideas that I think could make PKing fair

1.The arena is a great idea but it would be good if there was a large deserted forest where people could fight anyone they want. At the begining of the forest people could only fight opponents that are close to their level but the farther you venture into the forest the more people you can fight, so the farther you go the more dangerous things get

2.Another solution is an option in the option menu where you can switch from PK to nonPK, but to prevent people from quickly switching to nonPK right before they die it should only be changed once a month or every two weeks, so people who want to PK can fight and people who dont can just remain on nonPK

3. Also fighting should not be allowed in major cities or major roadways. There should be NPC gaurds that attack someone who starts a fight in large areas

Well thats it, post your views and ideas
children in the back seat cause accidents
accidents in the back seat cause children

Caldazar

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2003, 04:06:48 pm »
Well. I may be mistaken, but I think that\'s the way the arena is supposed to work. I dont think it\'ll be a little cave with no place to hide.
Atleast I hope it wont.
Browsing the forums when I\'m bored, nothing more.

Yann

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2003, 04:35:42 pm »
First, devs already said there will be some speacial areas, in addition to the normal arenas, which would be more dangerous than other places, where PK will be allowed.

Then, about your idea of getting more and more to the heart of the forest, it s no good because we won\'t have \"levels\" like you said... Just skills, more or less increased with experience. But a full dark forest is a good idea for a PK zone  :D

Kiva

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2003, 07:00:13 pm »
Please let me destroy your PK dreams ...

Read and cry: http://planeshift.oodlz.com/wbboard/thread.php?threadid=3172&boardid=11
\"Somewhere over the rainbow...\"

Kuiper7986

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2003, 07:08:11 pm »
The arena thing and guild war is fine, other than that I don\'t want PK\'ing, like the Admins said, if you don\'t like it then play something else, there\'s a lot of people that I\'m sure who don\'t like Pk\'ing and who would like to live their fantasy world playing together and working as a team.

P.S this has nothing to do with Pk, but I had to get my point out, sorry:
Also I don\'t like the idea that you can buy a house or build anything you want. I think to do that they should integrate some kind of system where you need to pay  a property tax and you need to pay down payment for the land you bought. I mean if everyone started making houses everywhere, it\'d be laggy ,and the nice scenery would be clogged up by a bunch of houses. To tell you the truth I think it should be extremely expensive to buy a house or build a house because, it\'s literally a piece of the game you are owning.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2003, 07:09:10 pm by Kuiper7986 »
My name is NOT pronounced, \"Kway-per,\" it\'s pronounced \"Kye-per.\"

Mehallie

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2003, 02:21:16 am »
Hm, guns, not liking the home system, different ideas for PK even though Devs have already made this clear a dozen times....

perhaps you\'re just looking for a different game altogether?  Just a thought

Fanomatic2000

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2003, 02:38:47 am »
No so long ago I played a MMORPG called \"the 4\'th coming\" (mostly because I thought it was free).
In T4C there was an option to turn pk-mode on or off, and both PKs and non-PKs were happy with that system. You had to turn it on/off at the homepage which did it impossible for you to \"quickly switch from PK to non-PK during a fight\".
I am not a PK myself, and I think that full PK would ruin the game, however I think that those who really want to kill each other should be able to do that.

PK or not, I\'m sure this will be a great game.
Your game, your decision. :)

Death to griefers!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2003, 02:53:55 am by Fanomatic2000 »

Be a member of our Mirthful community.
Join us today!   :]

Note:  This is my old account. I am now known as \"Jadd\".

Kiva

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2003, 06:07:46 pm »
I know that game, and I sure do know that system, and MY how it could be abused (at least the one on the server I played on). I mean, here comes little Mr. PK-1337. He turns on PK mode and starts slaughtering people. Then, he decides it is no longer fun (mostly because people kill him before he kill them now) so he turns off PK mode, waits some time and then turns on PK mode again...

If I have to agree with a On/Off system, it is to be On or Off, permanently (no, no switching!)
\"Somewhere over the rainbow...\"

Kuiper7986

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2003, 07:02:46 pm »
Hm, guns are just my idea to the devs, I like the home system, just not filling precious landspace with a bunch of houses.The different ideas for PK even though Devs have already made this clear a dozen times....someone else in the forums said that, not me, so don\'t blame me for that, you sounded like as if I was stupid cuz the Devs said it a dozen times. Even though it didn\'t sound like it, you just flamed me.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2003, 07:09:31 pm by Kuiper7986 »
My name is NOT pronounced, \"Kway-per,\" it\'s pronounced \"Kye-per.\"

AendarCallenlasse

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2003, 09:09:06 pm »
The reason there is no open PK is because PS is not that kind of game.  It is a roleplaying game and they are focusing a lot on the roleplaying aspect.  No matter how you look at it, or how you personally feel, PKing will not promote Roleplaying.  And if you don\'t like it then just remember this is their game, they own it.  You can\'t do anything about it if they don\'t want it.

Only n00bs don't quote themselves...
<Aendar>...

Nao

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2004, 11:14:36 pm »
im not in game yet, but i have an idea for the pk-theiving problem.  i dont know if someones already given this idea, but im tired right now and am too lazy to read the whole post, but i think pking should not be limited to location (arena-forest-etc.) but to a lvl (like you can pk-steal anywhere, but only to people your lvl or above.) what do you think?
i laughed, i cried, i hocked loogy in my popcorn ;(

Lydon

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2004, 05:23:31 pm »
Originally posted by AendarCallenlasse
The reason there is no open PK is because PS is not that kind of game.  It is a roleplaying game and they are focusing a lot on the roleplaying aspect.  No matter how you look at it, or how you personally feel, PKing will not promote Roleplaying.

Well, now that\'s simply not true. In fact, I\'d be willing to say that having a \"real\" PK element in the game is much easier to do if the game itself is geared towards role-playing.

Prior to coming to the graphical side of things, I used to play role-playing MUD\'s and MUSH\'s and the best were the ones that gave you complete freedom to do whatever your character would do in any given situation.

I am not a big fan of PK, but I do believe it adds a new level to the game. Role-playing games are based upon interaction with other folks. That interaction becomes much more immersive if there is an element of suspense, drama or danger. There will never be any \"villains\" or \"bad guys\" if you can only kill people in arenas. As a result, there will never be any truly \"evil\" guilds or organizations.

The key to having full PK in the game is to make the consequences of killing another player very, very dire. I\'ll post my entire argument in a new thread, titled \"An argument for PK\". However, the key is ICA=ICQ... In-Character Actions = In-Character Consequences.

Nao

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2004, 06:30:05 pm »
AMEN!!!
i laughed, i cried, i hocked loogy in my popcorn ;(

snow_RAveN

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2004, 07:59:15 pm »
Fanomatic2000 point on pking is nice but gronomist is right ... so i suggest that there be a time limit to when u can turn off the pking option

EG * you have to wait 4 hours after the last kill till you can turn of the pking option and even if you log off it wont count so you got to spend 4 hours in game so you can turn the option off again
Originally posted by DepthBlade
I am not as good as you with posting totally random pointless things that neither are relative or make any sense.

tallimar

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
pk and housing
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2004, 04:33:33 am »
since the pk section\'s already concrete, ill just make this one brief.  in UO, the pk-ing is restricted to the \'facet\' your on.  IE: your allowed to pk in \"fellucia\" (and most often killed by one of the millions of bandit gangs sitting by the roadside) but not allowed to pk in \"trammel\" (which suffers from overcrowding).  for those of you familiar with UO, you know that tram and fel are nigh duplicates of each other.

as for the housing, i agree with kuiper for the most part, but to counter-point it i had the chance to beta AO and liked how they did their housing system.  instead of building houses on the world map like UO does(cluttering and lagging everywhere), AO had \'appartments\' going.  no buying houses and taking up game-space, but at the same time, i got my own place to stash my items and decorate without having to fight with other people for buildable land(if youve noticed, i had a big problem with UO\'s houses lagging me).
« Last Edit: January 04, 2004, 04:34:41 am by tallimar »

where there is light, there are shadows.