Author Topic: Wilderness  (Read 1487 times)

Xalthar

• Forum Addict
  • Tisfjæsing.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2003, 07:00:50 pm »
PVP is one of the fun factors of mmorpg\'ing... without it, we\'ll get bored after the first month after every update...

Xordan

• Crystal Space Developer
  • Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2003, 08:10:44 am »
Pk\'ing is just as important as PVP. :D But in PS it will be restricted to certain areas distant to the majority. (Such as dungeons.) And that\'s if Pk\'ing will be allowed......

AgentZ

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2003, 10:40:12 am »
I like the wilderness idea along with a PK sign that appears when you PK someone so everyone can PK you without consequence. In FungWan Online, when you PK someone, you get a PK point. 1 point causes stores to raise their prices by 5%, a second point causes you to gain 5% less exp points. I think that is how we should deal with PvP. Im SICK and TIRED of these pansy, lets all be nice MMORPG\'s where everyone goes around handing each other flowers because there is absolutely no PvP. Where is the fun? Killing monsters gets repetitive and the idea of some long drawn out process of challenging someone puts me to sleep. I wanna be able to PK some ass who is KSing me. Lets not make this another run of the mill pansy MMORPG
Kyrie, Ignis Divine, Eleison.
~Member of the Knights of the Templar.

yandaoben

• Traveller
    • View Profile
uh....
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2003, 12:47:31 pm »
i duno how to quote, but sum 1 earlier in this thread said sth like \"PvP and PK shld be everywhere, but when u kill in a city, u get a wanted sign\". i dun agree to this cos this is a free game rite? so some l0sers may just cr8 junk accts. to PURPOSELY PK in city. Ah, then what happens?
LONG LIVE THE MERCENARY GUILD!!! GRRRRRRR.........

Skizzik

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2003, 02:27:09 pm »
Originally posted by AgentZ
I like the wilderness idea along with a PK sign that appears when you PK someone so everyone can PK you without consequence. In FungWan Online, when you PK someone, you get a PK point. 1 point causes stores to raise their prices by 5%, a second point causes you to gain 5% less exp points. I think that is how we should deal with PvP. Im SICK and TIRED of these pansy, lets all be nice MMORPG\'s where everyone goes around handing each other flowers because there is absolutely no PvP. Where is the fun? Killing monsters gets repetitive and the idea of some long drawn out process of challenging someone puts me to sleep. I wanna be able to PK some ass who is KSing me. Lets not make this another run of the mill pansy MMORPG

actually, prices are increased by 25% when you get your first pk point and it\'s not until your sixth or so where mobs killed by you get a 10% chance of not dropping loot. The less-exp penalty is a lot later.
If you have a lot of pk points in FWO, town guards will attack (and if they can, kill) you on sight.
Other penalties are even more increased prices, less exp, even more chance of mobs not dropping loot. All these penalties are cumulative with eachother.

Visit the Circle Of Legends at:
http://www.circleoflegends.tk

Kuiper7986

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2003, 03:47:23 pm »
In respone to Whemyfield:

oh killing monsters over and over gets so tiring, well I guess the Devs should spend time making cool monsters. We should just have little rats everywhere. What\'s the difference fighting people over and over again and fighitng monsters over and over again. When it boils down to one main idea its the samething. I\'m for the arena idea.

Taking away pk\'ing is like taking away a little strand hair that got into the jelly donut.

\"Pk\'ing is a great idea face it?\" You must be pretty confident, so if you died everyday, oh yah your going to love pk\'ing. Of course its easy to say you like pk\'ing now then after your going to complaing how the pk\'ing rules are unfair. (Hypothetically)

If there were going to be pk\'ing, like always I say keep it an arena, colleseum, or have a guild war. And to be able to even apply to fight in the arena you need a liscense, and to get that liscense you need to do a quest, then you can go fight someone in the arena.

If there is pk\'ing implemented, I hope its so strict that the closest thing you could do to pk\'ing is fighting zombies or something.

Pk\'ing romps...
My name is NOT pronounced, \"Kway-per,\" it\'s pronounced \"Kye-per.\"

tallimar

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2004, 07:40:05 pm »
kuiper i think that\'s just a little too extreme.  i think there should be pking in some form or another.  even though i dont take pleasure in pking and killspreeing, it does add a bit more depth to the game.  as for myself, i like some of the current ideas floating about such as arena combat, dueling and guild war, but i wouldnt like it to much beyond that.

where there is light, there are shadows.

Icefalcon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2004, 08:53:34 pm »
actually, i like that idea from FWO... just modify it a little. But im not for killing anyone anywhere. I think we need some sort of Arena or Wilderness.