Author Topic: Variety Pack of Sacks  (Read 179 times)

tman

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Variety Pack of Sacks
« on: May 07, 2013, 04:04:54 pm »
Maybe I'm atypical, but I'm kind of OCD about my inventory and I like to keep things sorted as much as I can.  So I usually have one sack for quest items, one for skill books, one for alchemy/cooking tools, etc.  I remember a request a while ago to allow renaming of containers, which would be ideal.  But if that doesn't happen, then it would be nice to have a few different colors of sacks available in order to tell them apart (black, tan, maroon, etc.).  I don't know a lot about game development but this seems like it would be easy to do.  You'd just need to play with the hue slider on the current sack icon.

Thoughts?
You can't teach a pig to sing.  It'll never work, and you'll annoy the pig.

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Variety Pack of Sacks
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 08:17:37 pm »
Yeah even on my favorite old MUD they had coloured sacks. In a graphical world it sounds even more practical.  :thumbup:

- Nova

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 08:21:52 pm »
This has been near the top of the 'list of things to do' (naming sacks that is) for a while. It has been mentioned to a few prospects (one turned it down), not sure if any is currently working on it right now but I hope so.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 11:20:09 pm »
One Sack
Two Sack
Red Sack
Blue Sack?

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 12:40:24 am »
... that grey one is my sack

I want it back! :)

- Nova

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 03:13:13 am »
Long, long time ago, one of my prospect tasks was making different sack icons and textures. A few of them were published but probably not yet used for e.g. quest items (c: dirty; d: torn; e: patched). Others remained really unused (f: flourish white; g: grass green; h: indigo; i: purple satin; j: black velvet).

I hope cloth sacks will be available too, with a little higher capacity.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty