Author Topic: Sandwich Recipes  (Read 205 times)

tman

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Sandwich Recipes
« on: August 13, 2013, 03:11:17 am »
It recently bothered me that PlaneShift has all the ingredients to make sandwiches but so far none have been implemented (that I am aware of) so here are a couple sandwich recipes that could help change that:

Nut Spread and Jam Sandwich
[There already exists a bread with jam item]
Crush mixed nuts into crushed nuts using mortar and pestle.
Combine crushed nuts and oil into unmixed nut spread.
Mix unmixed nut spread into nut spread using mixing bowl with wooden spoon.
Combine slice of bread and nut spread into spreading nut bread.
Spread spreading nut bread into bread with nut spread using preparation table with spreader.
Combine bread with nut spread and bread with jam into unprepared nut spread and jam sandwich.
Prepare unprepared nut spread and jam sandwich into nut spread and jam sandwich using preparation table.

Cheesy Steak Sandwich
Combine pile of sliced meat, sliced lake mushroom, sliced bogo pepper, hot cooking oil into cooking steak sandwich base.
Panfry cooking steak sandwich base into steak sandwich base using iron skillet.
Combine steak sandwich base, crumbled cheese into cheese covered steak sandwich base.
Mix cheese covered steak sandwich base into cheesy steak sandwich base using iron skillet with wooden spoon.
Combine cheesy steak sandwich base, 2 slices of bread, into unprepared cheesy steak sandwich.
Prepare unprepared cheesy steak sandwich into cheesy steak sandwich using preparation table.

[The same recipe above could be used with diced kikiri meat for a chicken philly cheesesteak too.]

Anybody else have sandwich ideas?
You can't teach a pig to sing.  It'll never work, and you'll annoy the pig.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Sandwich Recipes
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 04:40:40 am »
Already implemented are simple slices of bread with butter or jam (Apple, Duppong, Joopiner Berry, Macca, Terevan). Multiple toppings are not, indeed.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

tman

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 05:27:52 am »
Indeed.  This was an ingredient in my first recipe.  Either there could be a different sandwich type for each flavor jam or they could all just produce a generic "nut spread and jam sandwich."
You can't teach a pig to sing.  It'll never work, and you'll annoy the pig.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 12:47:05 pm »
You could try asking Venalan about another Book fair and see if he'll do another cooking contest. Then ask people to submit sandwiches for the judging.

Chessire

• Prospects
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 05:26:13 pm »
Although sandwiches sound like a really good choice for the hungry adventurer I'd rather not see peanut butter & jelly jam sandwiches... these things sound like monstrosities to the old side of the world, no offense :P

bilbous

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 06:52:51 pm »
only sandwich you will ever need is a sheet of platinum between two sheets of gold, or vice versa

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 03:23:31 am »
only sandwich you will ever need is a sheet of platinum between two sheets of gold, or vice versa

oh yes something like that's gonna be implemented  :thumbup:

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 03:45:45 am »
A hearty block of Damascene steel (similar to puff pastry) ;)

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

Minks

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 04:13:00 am »
Well, I did submit a sandwich recipe at the last cooking contest. Sadly, nobody liked it. I have no idea, why.  :whistling:

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2013, 04:26:09 am »
I believe the ingredients were a little too ... race-specific.

But I remember a certain couple which topped your skills regarding unusual recipes; the presence of queen Lolitra Purrty made it easier to "enjoy" these meals, though.

Years ago, there was a GM event which was completely misunderstood by most participants; the meals were in fact disgusting, but everyone tried their best to be polite...

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador