Author Topic: Forum Private Messages: Your History  (Read 1708 times)

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Forum Private Messages: Your History
« on: September 10, 2014, 10:15:10 pm »
It's (almost) an emotional experience to go through my private messages and read my history/footprint on people. I'm curious to know if some of you guys out there are sharing this feeling from retracing some of the messages that people have directed solely toward you.

My very first PM is of an angry tone and sent by Izzabella, discussing a matter where I humiliated some of her guildmates from the Outlaws in public as a reaction to earlier behavior of theirs. Obviously, she didn't like me. Heck, I wouldn't have liked me. As I keep reading through my PMs and traveling further into the future, I see more PMs from her telling me that she "values my opinion" and was generally saying she missed me. This struck a chord in me: I built relations with people in this community that I had forgotten I'd even built, both good and bad, and many of those grew. I've been having horrible memory lapses lately, and these are really opening up huge chunks of time spent simply conversing with others who are no longer around, but that I wish I could talk to again, just because those relationships were there at one point.

Anyway, to make it a thread... am I the only one who can trace history in such a way? My PMs actually tell a story, and it's really fascinating to me.

bilbous

Re: Forum Private Messages: Your History
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 10:56:40 pm »
I never kept the ones I sent. may have wipe them once or twice.
The first one I have is titled funny and contains a dead youtube link that neko sent me in 2008.there were a few from TomT trying to recruit me, another dead link from neko. More concerning forum or bug reports. A few trying to recruit me for various role play events. I should probably check prolix as there was a period after my forum war with zanzibar that I changed nicks.

Prolix

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 10:57:43 pm »
oh well I got nothing here.

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 11:20:39 pm »
oh well I got nothing here.

I have one from you about Donari and I driving off new players? I have no idea what the original context was, though. :P

bilbous

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 11:41:47 pm »
I don't know I always hated the player market  as being excessively greedy. It might have been that, or something else completely forgotten.
But, you see how right I was? :P

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 12:53:15 am »
My inbox is filled with deep, thought-provoking discussions. Here is a small piece, and the first message I received on this account.

LOLLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOOLLOLOLOOLLOLOLOLOLOOLOLLOOLOOLOLOLOOLLOLOLOLLOOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOOOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOOLOOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOOLLOLLOOLO :flowers: :lol: ::| :whistling: :-\ ::| :P ??? :o >:(LLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOOLOLOOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLLOLOLOLOOL :sorcerer: :sleeping: :oops: :offtopic: :lol: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbup: :o ???LPLPLPLPLLPLPLPLPPLPPPLPLPLPLPLPLPLPPLPLPLLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLOO
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

tman

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 01:07:47 am »
All I have is a long winded debate with Illy over whether dog breeding counts as evolution or not.
You can't teach a pig to sing.  It'll never work, and you'll annoy the pig.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2014, 01:45:08 am »
My first few PMs: Jjairr asking urgently to meet Gag ... and changing her mind; zorbels and Lolitra about roleplaying; Nilrem Driehl with a bit depressed philosophy; Karyuu asking for a GM nomination (in 2006 already); Cherppow with art stuff; and Inca Sator about a pencil draft of a Rivnak (before implementation) I drew in the middle of the night. Looks pretty different today. But might still work as something else?
_

@ tman: IMHO yes, with extreme selection pressure (human choice).
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 01:55:54 am by LigH »

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2014, 01:55:25 am »

I delete PMs like they were diseased or something.
As for nostalgia, I do the same but with forum posts.

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2014, 03:42:55 am »
All I have is a long winded debate with Illy over whether dog breeding counts as evolution or not.

omg I REMEMBER THIS  ;D

@Rigwyn, I'm the same. I go through my old account for laughs sometimes.
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2014, 08:59:14 am »
it took me a long time before realizing my sent messages were not being saved. the first thing in my inbox was regarding a sermon ara once gave, followed by a discussion from tessra about some delicate OOC/IC misunderstanding situation that I can't clearly remember. most everything else seems positive and RP centered.
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2014, 01:19:44 pm »
I'm with you Suno. My first couple pages seems mostly to be a discussion with karyuu about making game models which did actually lead to some of them getting in game. Somewhere in here there's a discussion with Dajoji about dealing with a player in game that absolutely insisted on doing a rape RP with her own characters and another character and I *HAD* to respond to her to keep from make a larger scene in main.

There's PMs from a lot of players I miss seeing around but a few of which I sometimes see drift through here. Several PMs of arguments or colluding to RP. But funnily enough I think my best stuff for history and memories are probably in the logs I've lost. I spent more of the time chattering/complaining/goofing off with peoples in tells in game. Gosh I wish PS had a log repository so you could recover lost logs. My past computers have eaten a lot of good stuff. :(

Yeah, I still got issue with that but ah well.

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2014, 07:14:30 pm »

Yeah, I still got issue with that but ah well.

Is this an evolution vs intelligent design thing?

lilura

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • report posts of yours that you want deleted
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2014, 07:43:14 pm »
plz dont start that up again
i will cry
 :offtopic:  :oops:

Monala arches a brow. "Wait, so eatin' is like..." she shakes her head. "Er, nevermind."
[1: gossip] Monala: Lilu's piesexual.

tman

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2014, 07:44:36 pm »
It was about whether the changes made by breeders count as "evolution" because there's no "natural selection" occurring, I honestly don't remember the details because my inbox doesn't save sent mail.

Anyway we all got threatened by lilura that if we argued about it on a public forum we'd be banned, so we probably shouldn't get into it...  :-X
You can't teach a pig to sing.  It'll never work, and you'll annoy the pig.