Author Topic: Forum Private Messages: Your History  (Read 1706 times)

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Private Messages: Your History
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2014, 07:49:06 pm »
It was about whether the changes made by breeders count as "evolution" because there's no "natural selection" occurring, I honestly don't remember the details because my inbox doesn't save sent mail.

Anyway we all got threatened by lilura that if we argued about it on a public forum we'd be banned, so we probably shouldn't get into it...  :-X

LOL

Good times :)

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2014, 07:58:58 pm »
lilura!

err...  :love:
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

tman

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2014, 08:30:31 pm »
Damn it guys, I have a paper I have to write by tomorrow and I've just wasted the last hour reading our old debates about metaphysical gods, determinism, our very limited understanding of quantum mechanics...
You can't teach a pig to sing.  It'll never work, and you'll annoy the pig.

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2014, 08:47:23 pm »

Oh gee.. and I was just about to start a new thread on the morality, potential benefits and hazards of eugenics... >.>

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2014, 10:11:32 pm »
you mean alien abducted commienazi MKUltra supersoldiers?
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2014, 11:49:10 pm »
Quote from: Rigwyn
Is this an evolution vs intelligent design thing?
plz dont start that up again
i will cry
 :offtopic:  :oops:
Send PMs then Lilu doesn't have to relive that. :whistling:

Oh gee.. and I was just about to start a new thread on the morality, potential benefits and hazards of eugenics... >.>

This means that if Lilu wants peace she actually just has to stop Rigwyn from making controversial threads since he's generally the cause of the threads that turn into long debates that may or may not result in Mod action.  ;D

Damn it guys, I have a paper I have to write by tomorrow and I've just wasted the last hour reading our old debates about metaphysical gods, determinism, our very limited understanding of quantum mechanics...

Never read long threads on this forum if you need to do something. ;) You will invariable lose time... unless it's the birthday thread. You can probably read that one without losing the whole day.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2014, 01:12:19 am »
Back to topic:

Does anyone still have stored PMs before 2006? If not ... was there a forum software change?

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2014, 04:30:46 am »
This means that if Lilu wants peace she actually just has to stop Rigwyn from making controversial threads since he's generally the cause of the threads that turn into long debates that may or may not result in Mod action.  ;D

Awe come on, they're fun and they make you think... unlike some of the brainless topics I've seen here.

you mean alien abducted commienazi MKUltra supersoldiers?

Nah, I was actually thinking something more along the lines of whether or not eugenics could and should be utilized and what the moral/ethical implications might be. 

Oh screw it.. I'll make the thread, but I don't think it will gather much steam...

bilbous

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2014, 08:06:30 am »
Ya, there was originally a different forum software, I believe, just like there was originally a different bug tracker. The domain also changed.

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2014, 07:07:02 pm »
Back to topic:

Does anyone still have stored PMs before 2006? If not ... was there a forum software change?

Come to think of it, I don't. Yeah, I remember when they migrated the forums over here (hence many old posts having /s through random areas of punctuation). That must've wiped out a good chunk of stuff. Never really thought of that; maybe I wasn't doing spring cleaning.

CadRipper

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • merry troublemaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2014, 05:08:15 am »
Ah, dangerous thing to dwell on the past. Probably even more dangerous catching oneself doing it then trying to analyze it, I'll take a rain check on this one ;)

Back to topic:

I don't either... they did change the forums around then because the previous host shamelessly abandoned us, and I believe the PM's were wiped out - as were the in-game PS characters now and then *shudders*. You can also see that if you look at people's post history, the old ones are a bit funny, they contain  escaped character and for my part I can't seem able to see the thread they were posted in. But at least they were imported, it would have been sad to lose this part of, erm, brilliant history.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 05:12:46 am by CadRipper »

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2014, 05:21:42 am »
I thought I remembered seeing a forum thread about that. :D I came after the switch over but still soon enough to have seen that thread for one reason or another.

CadRipper

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • merry troublemaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2014, 06:03:13 am »
Probably by honing those forum search skills that are so vital to survive here ;)

Lucky you, you didn't have to go through the traumatizing experience of waking up to a deserted forum website :D Others were not so lucky, we certainly lost a whole flock of fans that day! To think they probably went over to Planescape YouShallNotUtterThatNameHere game or another forsaken place...

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2014, 06:15:25 am »
Perhaps so perhaps so...  ;D

Wasn't the old forum a different color scheme as well? Something with blue, I think, I read. Ah, but there is the real forum gold though, the actual threads. Maybe someone will making a thread about remember your old forums posts. XD Most of mine are there and mostly harmless. Shame though, some were deleted. :whistling: :innocent:

I do wish though that in my earlier days of RPing I had posted more to the forums about it as now most of my good logs are lost to the sands of time.  :'(

CadRipper

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • merry troublemaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2014, 06:46:51 am »
Shht, don't give bad ideas to innocent people - and I'm not even talking about the others.  :-X

You're right, there were in blue tones, more appropriate IMHO. Let's have a quick look at those fond memories with ze ultimate weapon - the WayBack Machine!! So evil, so evil... the main boards, and the main site (it might take a while to show up from the depths of the past, so be patient young padawan). It's even possible to get back to the very early sites, Kada's tavern, and yet older forums (for ex. by following the "older news"), with this scarry and devious weapon, but yeah, let's leave the past where it belongs :)