Author Topic: AW & Illusions  (Read 402 times)

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
AW & Illusions
« on: October 31, 2014, 09:40:12 pm »
Dear game devs,

Many Azure Way players like myself feel left out when Blue Way is given shapeshifting and we are ignored. Telekinetics is great and all, but we would really like to be shapeshifting witches and mind-controlling jedi. The description of AW says I should have the power to control the will, perception, and intentions of another being. I want to be able to do that.

I get why BlW was given a shapeshifting spell, but I think AW could do with a similar spell. The difference being that BlW is literally shapechanging and AW is merely a trick of the mind.

ty,
concerned player
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: AW & Illusions
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 12:03:18 pm »
Possibly a valid opinion. But I would wonder if only the target would be affected, not (later arriving) bystanders?

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 12:31:15 am »
That's the idea.
Lace dark dreadfull power inside him awakens now fully resultin his former self comin back lord of dark noble house shantae of mevango family lacertus shadowone mevango also knowed as darkblade of shadows

Eonwind

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 06:20:05 pm »
The polymorph spells already had all the engine infrastructure necessary (since years) while what you suggest is not supported at the moment, however a spell able to control the mind of a weak animal has already been released (a charm spell).

tman

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 05:41:52 pm »
A disguise spell would be really cool.  Say you cast it, and you appear as a random race/gender, or even a creature.  Ideally you could cast it on a target and only they would see you differently, but if that's not feasable it could work mechanically similar to the polymorph spell, so you appear as something else (without changing any of your stats).  ICly, you could think of it as creating a continuous sphere around you, and everyone inside is affected by your disguise spell.

You could also disguise yourself as a type of creature to prevent that type from attacking you (since they see you as one of their own). 

Obviously this can be RPed as well, but if the mechanics can support it I could see it being a lot of fun.
You can't teach a pig to sing.  It'll never work, and you'll annoy the pig.

Volki

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 03:01:34 am »
+1 tman's ideas