Author Topic: loading map and pics in to the game  (Read 916 times)

sunhear

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
loading map and pics in to the game
« on: May 18, 2014, 04:49:56 pm »
Hi

i have some images that i want to load in to the game to sale they are DDS files already and i can not replicate ir with the in game drawling tools. how do i do this so the images can be viewed by both me and the other player?

sunhear

Zalya

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: loading map and pics in to the game
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 03:05:55 am »
It is possible that the line count is too high. I know that the in game maps only support a limited amount of lines, and  it is difficult to capture details.
(23:25:58) Elady says: Zalya are you trying to eat a ruby?
Zalya's RP likes and Dislikes

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 10:59:44 am »
DDS textures must have dimensions (width and height) being exactly powers of 2 (= 64, 128, 256, 512...). They don't need to be squares, though; if it makes sense, e.g. 256×64 is supported. Preferable compression modes are DXT1a and DXT5, rarely DXT3.

How to include them so that they replace default images (like custom User Interface modifications) is a little complex, though. You should have a look into the imagelist file and existing GUI mods. And you may not be able to easily replace each image this way.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 04:42:52 pm »
It is technically possible to load images into maps and books (but books don't work well enough yet to be officially used). But the image you add to them will -only- be on your computer. If you showed the book/map to someone else they would see nothing. So in order to sell them your map you would have to get them to download your dds file, place it into their client, modify the imagelist.xml file(s) so the game knows there the image is, and then buy your book.

So really it isn't possible to load a personal image into books/maps and then sell them so others can use them.

sunhear

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 07:26:39 pm »
hi

how dose viweing images made in game work?

sunhear

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 02:17:04 am »
You don't make (pixel) "images" in game. There are maps which are "drawings", possibly containing vector objects (lines, curves), text objects and predefined icons. If you save them locally, they will be XML files, with a syntax similar to SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics). If you give a map to another character in-game, they will see lines, curves, and texts drawn in the same way as everyone, and have the same icons put at the given coordinates on the map.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

sunhear

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 08:05:02 pm »
can i save a file as a XLM file and port it in game?

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2014, 01:56:54 am »
There is an SVG to PlaneShift Sketch XML converter written in Ruby. But PlaneShift sketches are quite limited, especially regarding a maximum size, related to a maximum number of drawing elements in it. And not everyone may be used to running Ruby.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

sunhear

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 04:53:56 pm »
hi

how do i run the script?

Sunhear

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2014, 05:00:51 pm »
As far as I understood ... install a Ruby interpreter, then execute it in a command line interpreter. No buttons, no mouse.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador

sunhear

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2014, 07:36:34 pm »
hi

ok i tryed to run the scriped i was able to coppy and pace the code in to program. it was able to run however it dod not  return a file. i realise i have to subaturte some code for the file infromatiom. can some one what parts to subaature and for what infomrtion?

thanks