Author Topic: Where do I find stickies??  (Read 740 times)

Hrothbert

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Where do I find stickies??
« on: March 04, 2008, 10:20:45 pm »
I know that I am threatening to look like a fool or an idiot but I have been reading in the forums for awhile but I can't seem find anything that is labelled stickies, Are they simply the subject line in the topic or are they the extra links that are added to the post??

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Where do I find stickies??
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 10:25:54 pm »
They're under the header "Important Topics"

Hrothbert

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 10:28:04 pm »
So important topics is the stickies??

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 10:29:21 pm »
Yep. They're called stickies because, no matter when they were posted, they stay in the same spot; they're "stuck" there. It isn't necessarily right to call them stickies on this forum, since they're actually under a completely different header instead of with the other posts, but whatever.

Hrothbert

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 10:33:03 pm »
Thank you very much. It helps me a lot I have been all over this forum site for the last two months since I found the game and couldn't figure out what a sticky was. I hope that in making myself look like a fool I have helped other people to.

Some of the forum slang needs to be defined from time to time.

Pale

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 10:46:56 pm »
If you go into any forum, eg. Forum Issues, and scroll to the bottom of the page, there are all the little icons for the various topics (or threads), Hot topic, Sticky topic, Topic you've posted in, etc.

You'll notice that the Sticky Topics icon has some shading, and will always be at the top of the forum.

Also good is the Help Page, which is linked in the Menu Bar (along with Home, Search, ...)
Explorers Guild
Mathematician-in-training
In-Game: Awai Kugatsu
Remember: We're testers first, players second!