Author Topic: dakkru means it for real  (Read 2605 times)

e3k

• Traveller
    • View Profile
dakkru means it for real
« on: May 09, 2010, 01:53:33 pm »
A player killed many times (~50) should be not able exit the DR trough the portal anymore. From time to time he/she should get to do some quests inside.
What do you say?

Ceromas

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: dakkru means it for real
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 02:28:51 pm »
Well, what about the Dakkru worshippers that go to the death realm to be closer to her? Or the Dark way mages?

e3k

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 03:24:02 pm »
hmm did not think about that. it was meant for people who are killed often and do not care...

Falcon Avian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 04:02:10 pm »
Well, we wouldn't have many people playing would we?  ;D

I have an ego so large it has it's own gravity. So in short, yes, everything does revolve around me.

Ceromas

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 04:19:33 pm »
Nope, we'd all be stuck in the dark mistress's world..

eldoth_terevan

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 04:33:29 pm »
I think what is meant is that, if one dies too many times, some sort of quest is triggered that must be accomplished before you can leave again. I'm all for it, but I'll wager it has already been added to the list. It also sounds like eventually there will be multiple spawn points and multiple exits, which may complicate things enough.

Hrothbert

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 08:18:16 pm »
I  had a thought and this is as likely a place to put it as others, The Settings in the DR library and other sources within the game state that traveling the DR will cause one to go mad, especially after multiple visits and exits, I suggest a randomizing effect on ones speech after exiting the DR for a certain period of time say 1 second to start and 1 second added for every multiple trip, this would be done to simulate the Maddening effect of the DR aside from the Maze like world that will one day exist, Also after so many trips one would not want to have any more gibberish.

I know that there are those Required to go there for quests, training but given the amount of times you would have to travel there you would have a very minor Madness on leaving say 1 min or so very short compared to Dakkru's curse.

Anyway just for discussion.

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 12:12:03 am »
That sounds wicked funny!
I ljkst gyoiby then we would all oiuuan in the wkernlng!
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 01:22:30 am »
I've always imagined there was a huge labyrinth shrouded in all that darkness at the bottom of the Death Realm...

That aside, though, I like the idea of it driving you mad after so many times, but the number should probably be a high one, seeing as the average player that actually levels their characters can expect to die pretty darn often.

Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

e3k

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2010, 04:51:32 am »
Well, we wouldn't have many people playing would we?  ;D

1. well i think if we setup the threashold high enough (maybe 50 kills is too low) these will be people allready having their chars on a decent level so they would like to go on with the game.

2. and i would not make it complicated each time, only ocassionaly, could make the game more interesting, and could mess up the peoples standard scheme of only leveling up characters.

khoridor

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2010, 05:22:08 am »
A player killed many times (~50) should be not able exit the DR trough the portal anymore. From time to time he/she should get to do some quests inside.
What do you say?
I say it makes no sense.
What would be the point of playing a game in which you are stuck in a small area?
Between character deletion and respawn, PS has chosen respawn.

I think if you want to punish death more than it is already planned to (considering the DR extension project), you'll have to come up with something better than that. You can check out the existing threads about DR improvements, if you haven't done so already.

Ceromas

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2010, 04:39:49 pm »
Not to mention with all the glitches, a person might end up dead a lot more often than you'd think.

kaerli2

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2010, 07:21:34 pm »
Not to mention with all the glitches, a person might end up dead a lot more often than you'd think.
That...and players get their characters killed inadvertently many a time :P  I've been known to dump chars off of cliffs without meaning to... ;)

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2010, 12:42:38 am »
I think that this concept should be implemented, though the flaw is this: What if the character dies, does these quests, and completes them, but still finds him/her/kraself in the death realm? Should the Queen of darkness put a stronger curse on them, or cause the player to have to drive that character though a larger, more complex map?

-sig by sarras

Nivm

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2010, 12:39:29 am »
 Wouldn't it be a better idea to significantly expand the size of the realm? It wouldn't be as hard as the Amdeneir project going on, considering that any modeler could make a room, and then those rooms could be randomly connected in a ~grid. So, each time you go through an ~doorway in the death realm, you can't be completely sure where you'll end up. So as to keep players meeting each other, the rooms will not be instanced, but the travel between those rooms will. This could be done with pitch dark passageways, portals, and teleport traps.
 This is the kind of dungeon I would love to create; the normal one just isn't enough fun.