Author Topic: i am confused  (Read 2951 times)

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: i am confused
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2010, 04:14:38 pm »
just to clear it up, would you call a kran "gemma" instead of "sir"?

In general yes.

and could you say "gemma <namehere>"?

Probably too; but I wonder what Lilura prefers -- we nudge a bit with "lady-gemma". ;)

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2010, 04:44:11 pm »
just to clear it up, would you call a kran "gemma" instead of "sir"? and could you say "gemma <namehere>"? also, who would you call "gemma", if it depends on status?

oh ya, and could a kran bite your arm off if they've got such strong jaws?  ::| they do eat rock... a kran bite would be lethal.

Yeah, Geoni gets angry when somebody calls kra 'sir'. Kra has a good bit of kran pride at kra's age. About the bite, I don't think it would be lethal, but it could crush somebodies arm. Usually a kran wouldn't do such a thing though...

-sig by sarras

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2010, 03:47:09 am »
Geoni's too old to have any pride,
the last time a baby saw him it cried,
He should be thrown into a furnace and made into armor,
Or maybe formed into a statue by a carver.

Zon

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Roving Raiders
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2010, 08:42:19 pm »
Removed the ones that has been answered

Krans

.They do not breath like normal creaures but can they smell? If so how?
.Do they have parts that other race have in order to live? [heart, brain, etc.]
.Can mounts actually carry them?
.As per above question, if they do not have brains, how do they use their eyes?
.How fast are Krans? [depends on the kra itself but the average sped?]
.Can they taste?
.How strong is a Kran's stomp? How about punch?
.Do they have teeth?
.Can they drink liquid?
.Can Krans show feelings? [ex. Can they smile? Can they fall in love? Can they express anger? sadness? happiness?]

Koios

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2010, 11:38:34 pm »
In my previous post I answered whether they could drink liquids or not. Answer is yes.
I also answered the taste question to some degree. If they couldn't taste coal from gold, why not just eat coal and sell the gold.
In the case of getting a sore throat that should also cover the question of feelings.
Kran can also show other more mental feelings. Again, if you have done quests with Kran, you can see that they laugh, are concerned, happy etc.
Going to the Iron Temple makes you as much of a Laanx follower as going to Harnquist makes you a furnace.

* Talad made Laanx's boobs fall off by accident

Nivm

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2010, 12:14:00 am »
 Supposedly the kran are silicon based, so they wouldn't be able to have anything to do with the carbon cycle. So none of the drinks or foods the other races can eat. They also wouldn't have anything to do with coal, since that's also carbon based. I have no idea why they would want gold, since it's nonreactive.
 I guess the developers can run counter to sense and logic whenever they want though.

Suvi

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2010, 09:54:09 am »
I'm pretty sure the devs just didn't think about it, but to lampshade it anyway: maybe gold just tastes good?   Humans eat quite a few tasty things we either can't digest at all or (more often) can't digest well.   Maybe gold is the Kran equivalent of sweet corn.

Falcon Avian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2010, 10:57:17 pm »
Supposedly the kran are silicon based, so they wouldn't be able to have anything to do with the carbon cycle. So none of the drinks or foods the other races can eat. They also wouldn't have anything to do with coal, since that's also carbon based. I have no idea why they would want gold, since it's nonreactive.
 I guess the developers can run counter to sense and logic whenever they want though.

Probably the same way we want iron, sodium chloride, calcium, ect.

I have an ego so large it has it's own gravity. So in short, yes, everything does revolve around me.

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2010, 12:38:17 am »
i can't see why a kran would want to eat gold, but it could get some nutrition from coal. wouldn't be nutritious enough to eat daily, though. maybe it's like candy?

Nivm

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2010, 05:37:58 am »
 Coal is carbon-based, kran are silicon based. It just doesn't work, even if the energy would be readily availible to other beings. Also, on the note of coal, what things died millions of years ago before the crystal or the rock of Yliakum existed?

Iron, salt, and calcium are all reactive substances. Iron oxidizes, and bonds, salt dissolves and changes charge gradients, while calcium works similarly. Gold is non-reactive; it does not tarnish, it does not bond, it does not change charges. By superheating, you can make alloys out of it, but kran can't get to those temperatures without hurting themselves (we're talking thousands of kelvin when only a hundred kills a normal life form).

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2010, 06:12:40 am »
Coal is not pure carbon. A little bit of sand (or silicon compounds in general) is part of quite any ore or mineral source.

BTW, no need to start the discussion again that the most precious metals are usually not ore, but native. We already mentioned that years ago. But they are native on top of / in between other rocks. Like fat marmor in meat.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Hrothbert

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2010, 07:17:22 am »
@Nivm- you are right that gold is non-reactive, that is pure gold, The gold in game is certainly not pure. Given that we are working in a medieval setting in the refining process there are plenty of minerals other than gold left in the stocks and ores that mined. On the other note carbon based lifeforms require a minor amount of silicon for their bodies to work properly, I am talking about less than 1 pat per million but it is still a requirement so it is with the Kran diet i suppose.

Nivm

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2010, 07:39:17 am »
 That trace amount of silicon in our bodies does not mean we eat quartz. Likewise, the kran would not eat coal. At least not outside of deviants. Also, why would a kran eat sand? It might contain silicon, but supposedly they are the animal component to their silicon cycle, so they would want Si-Si bonds instead of SiO2.

@Nivm- you are right that gold is non-reactive, that is pure gold, The gold in game is certainly not pure.
So does that mean that if a plastic wasn't pure and contained small quantities of sugar, you would eat it sometimes?

Falcon Avian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2010, 08:18:35 am »
That trace amount of silicon in our bodies does not mean we eat quartz. Likewise, the kran would not eat coal. At least not outside of deviants. Also, why would a kran eat sand? It might contain silicon, but supposedly they are the animal component to their silicon cycle, so they would want Si-Si bonds instead of SiO2.

@Nivm- you are right that gold is non-reactive, that is pure gold, The gold in game is certainly not pure.
So does that mean that if a plastic wasn't pure and contained small quantities of sugar, you would eat it sometimes?

The SiO2 bond is inevitable :| and I doubt you can get an Si2 bond.

I have an ego so large it has it's own gravity. So in short, yes, everything does revolve around me.

Nivm

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2010, 09:01:29 am »
Not necessarily Si2, but still using Si-Si bonds. It would be required for silicon based life forms to exist, and the main reason people theorize that silicon can support life is because it can create four bonds like carbon, thus allowing for silicon chains. Possibly. Those chains sound a lot like some kinds of plastics out there. But this kinda links with the conversation in the Races thread that spoke about kran working with higher potential energies.

Edit: Fire breathing kran would be kinda entertaining.