Author Topic: A breif window - then crash  (Read 476 times)

draylath

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
A breif window - then crash
« on: July 05, 2010, 05:32:24 am »
Hi folks,

Just down loaded and installed and I'm quite excited about getting started on this game - I've heard great things.

I seem to be in a bit of a bind though.
I am installing on linux debian on an amd64 for which I got the 64 binary. I decided to install in my home/me/opt. I set permissions for my user, the root and put them all in a group called "gamers" and made the game accessable to these users and group. I followed the recomended permissions (777 I think it was) and went for a non system wide install ( I wanted to keep it all local.

Now, when I click the desktop icon it created for me it brings up a blank window (as if it is tantilasingly about to start) and then this vanishes and nothing happens. I've tried to run the command [planshift] in console as both me and root and Iget command not found errors.

Can anyone help me out on this? I would appreciate this bareing in mind I am not a very experineced linux user.

Many thanks

Edit: updater ran sucesfully but still the same problem.

Edit2: I ran psluanch without the console and it cave me this:
E: pstream-util.c: Assertion 'p' failed at pulsecore/pstream-util.c:38, function pa_pstream_send_tagstruct_with_creds(). Aborting.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 05:55:37 am by draylath »

Hrothbert

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: A breif window - then crash
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 07:20:35 am »
Not sure if it is the same with the Linux as it was with the mac but open up the pslaunch and make sure that a skin is selected otherwise it won't get past an initial start up, Again I am unfamiliar with Linux but this was a fix that worked for me.

draylath

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 07:41:39 am »
thanks but how do I do that?

draylath

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 04:34:58 pm »
Solved now, I needed one of them missing files to get it to start.

I still have no sound (apart from some seriously odd clicking noises) and I cannot get it to run full screen - so if anyone can help me with those little problems I would be greatful (eyes getting a bit tired looking at tiny window) :))

RlyDontKnow

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 05:55:02 pm »
as for clicking sound and missing background music: make sure to update to the latest version (0.5.4.3), should be fixed then
as for full screen: my best tip would be to make sure that the resolution you chose is actually supported by your x server (if you have xrandr installed, you can use xrandr -q to check)
note that you may have to change the aspect ratio in pslaunch in order to see the resolution you want.