Author Topic: evil points or something (its late i cant really make up a name)  (Read 555 times)

Frank

• Traveller
    • View Profile
evil points or something (its late i cant really make up a name)
« on: September 26, 2005, 08:31:33 pm »
I did a search on this and there was a simular post about it but not the really was i envison it. Something like having to do evil quest to pk.  

I was thinkg about having evil points add to your charture when you dont duel someone to kill them.  I was thinking when you kill someone near your level ( i know there is no level in ps but maybe we can come up with some formual to determine fighting level or something which would be very hard i know becuase of magic and stuff.) well anyways you recevice so called evil points ( come up with a different name and stuff to fit RP) and the farther down levels you go the more evil points Which i think should be double by every level you go down or something. well anyway the point im trying to make is like when the big ass dude in middle school picks on the 3 foot tall guy weighing in at 40 pounds, which at my school didnt make you look cool but like a b*** and made people hate you didnt wanna interact with you and stuff.

well to make this into the game i was thinking about the evil points adding up making like a evil tax( yes i know need a better name to fit into RP) were when you trade with npc and non npc makes you pay more gold. ( Yes im still thinking if it should go to the player, how it can hurt trade, make it harder to sell stuff) Or if you are the evil dude make you sell it for less ( Yes i know people can figure out simple equation for this ) But make this a complex algrythm like CAL and above..... yes i know its hard to do this but its the only real way i can think to keep grivers down and only have people that really want to RP evil chatures.

Also in wiht the EVIL TAX OOooo you should have a decay rate in your wepons and armor maybe death mist or something that cause all thing to decay ( In my peronsal opion i think it should cause a bonus for Att in evil person but i know a lot of ppl wont support that.) IN which the mist is the cause for the decay of the wepon and other stuff.  It should also give you a negative when trying to craft and stuff of that sort ( im not sure about this idea etheir)  IN  also to that thought im think about a little bit of  damage with the mist when ppl att the evil dude but not when he att other people. IM NOT SAYING A WHOLE LOT but just a little bit to blance the fact when he get really evil hes going to lose a lot of armor and wepons and by the evil tax its going to cost a hell of a lot more.

I know a lot more things need a lot of work but i also want a input with the commity to work this out to THE RP WANTS not the powerleveler that wants to kick everyones ass.

For somereason i know this idea is going down too but oh well i have to try and get PvP in this game..... also maybe same system for thiefs.......... different in some aspects

**new idea

I just thought that you can make your char. turn more good by challengeing an evil person to a duel and killing him, not just going up to pvp beacuse that the same thing you do to get evil and there is no honor in that
« Last Edit: September 27, 2005, 08:16:04 pm by Frank »

Kythag

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Alignment
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 11:57:16 pm »
This idea is implemented in KOTOR, the alignment system.  It is basic good, bad, and neutral.  The system could be a graphed coordinate system to represent varying levels of Chaos, Law, Good, Evil, and Neutrality.  Along with this system could be a PK system based on opposite alignments(your choices will always have consequences).  Only graph spots near the exact alinment\'s opposite can attack freely(limiting number of people killing others so that one player doesnt get overdrawn.

CO(Conquer Online) has a system where the name changes color based on how many the avatar has killed.  Red means a few, black means a lot.  If your name is black, you can drop equipped items when you die.

Kythag
Don\'t want to rain on your parade, so please put the floats away.