Author Topic: theiving and pking an end to fighting... hopefully  (Read 1542 times)

Nalain Tarek

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
theiving and pking an end to fighting... hopefully
« on: June 24, 2006, 08:23:20 pm »
ive been reading through this forum for a while and im making a theif character but if theirs no pickpoketing or muging theres no point. To do theif skills you would go to the platinum mine an trian at zak.  :-X He would teach you to  pickpocket and mug people. to use pk you have to have the mug ability at least level 1. Oh and new parent job theif.  anyway if your mugged your dead and you lose an item. To pickpocket you would take a random item out of your inventory "not a quest item"  the person who mugged you would have their name displayed in black unless they have a theifs mask. To get a theifs mask you have to do a quest for zak. Anyones name that is displayed in black can be killed without warning.
Poet, Scholar, Traveler, average guy.
Iers, Strathus, Devitus, me.

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: theiving and pking an end to fighting... hopefully
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 08:31:06 pm »
Didn't you get this idea off of Kal Online?

lollie

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 08:39:10 pm »
hmm the maskie idea came from KAL anyway...you needed a mask to pk and killers had their name displayed on a board in town.

Easton

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 08:48:15 pm »
I hate to say it but i feel since this game is heavily rp based, having thieves that you can kill at ANY time will not happen. Most people don't want just a hack and slash where you kill every person that has black letters above their head. The labels are ooc anyways. As i see it, you shouldn't know anyones name or whether or not they are a theif until they have introduced themselves, and any thief i know wouldn't say, "Hey im Thiefy the thief. Don't get too close or ill take your stuff!".

Easton
"Thats pretending, not RPing"
-Hadfael

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 08:50:13 pm »
Actually Easton, it's the other way around. Since this is an RP game, thieves WILL happen. Do we really live in a world where there's no war or crime? No. Every day there may be a mugging on the streets or a hostage taken. Stop putting limitations on things, the world will never be perfect.

EDIT: About the labels, there shouldn't be any at all. They should just be able to steal without having a label or marking over their head. We don't see any labels above a pickpocket's head in real life, do we?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 08:54:10 pm by Suno_Regin »

lollie

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2006, 08:54:05 pm »
Easton isn't saying thieves won't happen - he is saying they aren't gonna have a big stupid name in red above their head saying "look at me, i'm a thief".

anyway...read this re. the steal item from another player etc solution ---> my idea...

« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 08:55:59 pm by lollie »

Nalain Tarek

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2006, 09:04:50 pm »
I didnt get any ideas here from anther game.  maybe the mask would give it away ... Yes that's it the mask would be required to pick pocket or mug after pickpoketing you have three minutes to wait until you can take off the mask while your wearing the mask you can be assoulted by guards or other plaayers theivery is best used with the hide in shadows ability. If you theif in a city their would be guards you have to avoid while outdoors their would be bounty hunters or an npc guild that patrols the wilderness after three minutes you can take off the mask. you would buy the mask from zak for a "fair" amount af trias sayyy 200! "he's a theif" without the mask you cannot commit a crime if there is any arguements let me know so i can fix them.  I AM DETERMINED

BTW: lollie your idea isnt too good my guys a theif he doesnt want to target a guy he knows has a sword in his inventory but nothing else and up getting a mushroom
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 09:08:30 pm by Nalain Tarek »

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2006, 09:11:53 pm »
Stop with the masks. That's a dead give away that you're a thief, according to what you're trying to suggest. A better idea would just stealing and running, the mask will make the person avoid you.

Nalain Tarek

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2006, 09:19:08 pm »
maybe you have an idea to make a theif a criminal and set it so npcs chase him and you put on the mask right next to him it only takes a milisecond to pickpocket!!!!! and what would happen to the game if some guy walks up and steals some thing and says sorry you cant have it!!!!! BBBRRRREEEEAATTTTTHHHHH

why cant everyone see that to make the game a fun experience you have to agree or it wont ever be ingame
« Last Edit: June 24, 2006, 09:22:14 pm by Nalain Tarek »

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2006, 09:21:25 pm »
Alright, that did it. I'm done posting here for now.

Nalain Tarek

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2006, 09:23:31 pm »
sorry but im frustrated

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2006, 09:28:11 pm »
why cant everyone see that to make the game a fun experience you have to agree or it wont ever be ingame

Even if 100 players support an idea, it won't be done unless the developers support it too.

There is already a pickpocketing skill planned. It's listed. But how it'll be developed is entirely up to the team. Personally I have seen much better suggestions posted.
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

Nalain Tarek

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2006, 09:32:23 pm »
yes however if half the people like an idea and the other half thinks thats crud game devs have a hard time and give up ive seen it before

lollie

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2006, 09:32:51 pm »
yes this idea was retarded and somewhat based on other games anyway.

/out.

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2006, 09:37:24 pm »
yes however if half the people like an idea and the other half thinks thats crud game devs have a hard time and give up ive seen it before

This fails to take into consideration the fact that the dev team may have its own ideas on the subject.
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.