Author Topic: Open PvP that we players can do ourselves RIGHT NOW!  (Read 1855 times)

dying_inside

Re: Open PvP that we players can do ourselves RIGHT NOW!
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2006, 10:19:18 am »
Well, Turning the accept challenge auto on is all well and good. But generally I feel that right now the combat system is lacking the type of style that makes good PVP good.  In a word, PVP would simply be like killing a monster by hitting it a bunch of times at the moment. I would like to see a more in depth combat system inplemented before an indepth PVP stystem is put in really...

Generally because I think it would end up looking like Runescape. Sort the PVP out into a  decent fantasy style setting and basically finalise what they want with the PVP in the world, so it can remain in character to an extent at least, and then Have Open pVP .

I hope that made sense. Typing in a rush :P

Faolach

• Traveller
  • Overly caffenated Kran, coming through
    • View Profile
    • Draconian Light
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2006, 03:37:24 pm »
Like I said before, there should be a reason to attack if you have auto-accept turned on. Like if someone just insulted you deeply, you would have a role-playing reason to attack them. This is a fantasy game, is it not? Brawls in the streets over honor occasionally might not be so hated, if done only occasionally and for the right reasons. Also, there could be some rule that auto-accept PVP could only be done outside of cities ie. a raiding party stealing items from merchants going to Ojaveda. Maybe that could work, even with a not-so-realistic combat system.

Baston

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2006, 03:07:24 pm »
Hehe that is great to read this forum from time to time,
It's unbelievable how idea circles around the same center, Fayodin : before i stop playing (that was some month ago) I was in auto-accept since at least 2 months, with other peoples like Vaice for example.
Do not dream to much : i was never attacked (not once) even if I tried (i'm sure completly poorly) to RPlay an evil character...

This is not a PvP game, and the cities are not cities of criminals. Any fighting in the public streets are frowned upon very much. So if you want to fight because you have a blood-thirsty character (not because you want to pwn someone), I had better see you RP that way all the time ;)

Karyuu, dear Karyuu, how can it be ? if I look at the "Various skills" panel I can see : Backstab, Assassin Weapon, Lockpicking, pickpockets, set traps just to quote the principals...
How can you try to argue that Planeshift wasn't think for PvP ? I will surely never try to backstab a Ulber, and all other creatures in PS can be sliced with brute force only. What's the meaning of "Assassin weapon" in this case ? I do not think that killing trepors and tefusangs is considered as an assassination.. is it ?
Last question : is thieving other players consider PvP ? ;-)

Well in fact this game was, like all other fantasy mmorpg, think with PvP but the fear to see the game falling in the crappy way of Runescape-like games freeze all efforts pro-PvP and that's sad.

Do not dream too much PS player, their will never have PvP in PS you are cursed to harvest daisy flowers until you die ;)

See you later.

PostScriptum: do not expect a rapid answer from me, i just read some part of the forum time to time.
PostScriptum2: Yes I miss PS and its community :(

In the Darkness I rest
In the Shadow I act
In the Light I kill
In the Blood I bathe

Baston Xantror
Dark Crusader in Infidel Slayers

Peacer

• Veteran
  • I've got balls of steel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2006, 03:45:20 am »
I think Open pvp is a good thing, and it could be funny when travelling, although there should be safe zones set up as a camp with npcguards to kill agressors. Safe zones are when you go afk or something ;).

As for /challenge, I see the confirm each time as a differencor to accept the challenge if it's IC and maybe decline if it's ooc. Because in a real world, you could attack whoever you want without a big neonbox in front of your head saying "accept" "decline." You would just attack, depending on how much of a psycho you are ;).
The Guardians of Power

left the game, looking in now and then to check progress, if you want to contact me use the email attached to the msn contact on this forum account