Author Topic: PvP gold mine  (Read 4728 times)

theirah

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: PvP gold mine
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2007, 02:41:49 pm »
true, but thats where the guards come in. and whats fun without a bit of risk ;p

Piker

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2007, 03:54:35 pm »

Because it would be camped by maxed out warriors waiting in the shadows.

There are maxed out nice guys too you know ;)

veinslayer

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2008, 10:00:42 pm »
in another free online game, pk'ers are attacked by bounty hunters. this could easily be applied here.

Ichaas

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2008, 11:16:17 am »
About the whole "character erase-total-death" scenario - you are thinking about it from a player perspective. While we all know that the game's DR is easy to get out of and such and such being nguarded by anything that's actually going to attack you and  stop you from gettign out of the DR - the "reality" from an in game lore persepctive would be that it's bloody hard to getout of the death realm and people generally don't.

Baron Samedi

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2008, 11:44:23 am »
   I think having a mine or any other important area as a PvP zone is a bad idea...not everyone wants to have to worry about getting whacked by other PC's while prusuing their crafts or trying to fulfill a quest...especially noob players who would have no chance.

If anything.....perhaps certain areas along the roads between cities could be PvP areas to allow for highway bandits...but players could go around it if they wanted to waste the time and energy...or other players could offer services gaurding travellers in that area.

Perhaps the Thieves Guild could allow for temporary "Permits". One could buy a permit that would last a certain amount of time...and would receive some token. They could then carry this token to an area and "plant it". A fixed zone around this token would become a PvP zone for a fixed length of time, or until the death of the character who has the permit (thus allowing for bounties). The token, once planted, could not be moved.

Of course, if a player plants his token too close to the gold mine, he would be swiftly dealt with by the other players, I suspect, so the thief would have use some guile in where he decides his zone of banditry should be.

theirah

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2008, 03:07:55 pm »
who would sell such a permit? thieves are breaking the law...no government official would sell such a permit. and no law loving guard would honor it if there was.

Hrothbert

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2008, 09:42:19 pm »
I think the point wa in the punctuation it is a 'permit' not a permit.

Orgonwukh

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2008, 06:24:44 pm »
Posted the feature request here:
http://www.hydlaa.com/flyspray_upgrade/index.php?do=details&task_id=2538
Changed gold to platinum.