Author Topic: PvP, Crime and Punishment (feel free to reject, critisize, or sugest changes)  (Read 3343 times)

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
Two words: Prison map.

evil scotsman

• Traveller
    • View Profile
A prison map, where the inmates must mine a certain quota of ore before being released, which would have the effect of introducing the possibility of some 'chain gang' RP, and at least give the prisoners something to do while serving their time :)
All right, look at my shoes
Not quite the walkin' blues
Don't fight, too much to lose
Can't fight the runnin' blues.

Zeyn Scauts, Bluae Mohune and Kighise Moromoreck in Yliakum

Ironstark

• Hydlaa Resident
  • LORD OF UNODIN
    • View Profile
    • Green-Flame Music
yep, i agree, or maybe make it so that they have to go to and cant leave the death realm! and when they are finally released...they still get the penalty! maybe there could be some special mines there that give you nothing but rock, and the prisoner has to trade it in too the guy at the entrance... thisis just coming off the top of my head  :)

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
You have to make it a punishment for the character, not the player. Keep in the back of your mind if the things you are suggestioning would be something you, as a player, are willing to do. It is a bad idea to punish the player for taking that of a 'bad' role.

bilbous

Tie them to the rack, torture them to death, make it last for days! If they survive a month of torture send them back on the street with permanently degraded stats which need to be re-trained. That is how you punish someone for stealing a loaf of bread! If they do something worse multiply the punishment and take their possessions, forfeit their bank accounts. Pie means Perma-Death!

Well a little extreme but the germ of an idea. Ooohhh! Even better, infect them with a withering disease that requires mondo quest to cure! If they don't get the cure in time they wither to nothing!!!

veinslayer

• Traveller
    • View Profile
bilbous for supremely evil dictator who will likely attampt mass genocide of one group or another...anyway..
or...character loses faction points with certain ppl associated with law, the lawful kill the character on sight, any enchantment with good alignment comes with penalties, hpwever thugs and thieves begin to be kinder to characters. and maybe even eventually implement bad guy HQs, for the crooked character...cause for now all they have is the DR and possible 1 or 2 other areas i have yet to explore. oh, and  for repeat offenders stuff like forced tattoing, negative enchantments etc.