Author Topic: Yet another PK proposal  (Read 2917 times)

Irgendwer

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Yet another PK proposal
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2008, 07:16:47 am »
OK, what about a variation of the death curse that could be imposed by the judge on the character with VERY long lasting effects.

Again, this would mean, that government somehow mastered death and can bend natural laws.  I find the idea of a god acting to the whims of mortals highly inappropriate.

On a side note: This is a proposal for a feature in the game. Please stop trying to fashion it to mimic the real world. If you want realismn, switch off your computer, you do not need a game for that. A game however needs balance. Implement a feature in a way, that is not fun to anyone will make people not use it. The whole point of this thread is to find a way, that lets people seriously play criminals, not cippling their possibilities to a point, where they turn into a joke.

piprees

• Hydlaa Resident
  • "In game i am know as Yotanis"
    • View Profile
    • Millenium Templars
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2008, 07:35:13 am »
No i dont mean that the government have influence over the death curse - i use this for similarity.

I mean a curse "cast" on the offending player. A spell if you wish.

As for trying to cripple players, that is not the case at all - if people wish to play criminals  there also has to be a counter balance of punishment- otherwise where is the fun in it :)

it seems to me that many people within the pk/outlaw/pickpocketing threads are looking for nothing more than an unfair advantage other more legal citizens.

If people want to break the law they must also be willing to face the consequences.

If your not prepared to do the time - dont do the crime - NUFF SAID
Only the internet brings people together through ideals alone

steuben

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2008, 08:06:49 am »
OK, what about a variation of the death curse that could be imposed by the judge on the character with VERY long lasting effects.

the curse isn't imposed by a judge. it is a price collectyed by dakkru for her "allowing" you to escape from the dr.
the only thing after death is true death, which judges have imposed in the past. and will impose in the future.
may laanx frighten the shadow from my path.
hardly because the shadow built the lexx.
the shadow will frighten laanx from my path.

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2008, 11:54:53 am »
You misunderstood. Someone who died would still go to the DR, but when exiting the DR they would just end up back in the prison. I am certain spawn points will be more dynamic in the future and will allow such.

piprees

• Hydlaa Resident
  • "In game i am know as Yotanis"
    • View Profile
    • Millenium Templars
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2008, 01:04:30 pm »
Also to explain - the curse i used as an example only of the sort of effect.

The judge's punishment would be more like a mortal magical spell lasting for a set duration from a few days to permenant (requireing quest to have removed)
Only the internet brings people together through ideals alone