Author Topic: Bounty system  (Read 1379 times)

sekhmet

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Bounty system
« on: July 09, 2003, 02:11:35 pm »
How about:

Each time a person kills a player the reward on his head rises, depending on how much more lower level the char is than the pk\'er, the reward gets bigger.
Each pk adds to the total reward on his head. You then can keep track of who has got the biggest reward on his head on a webpage, wen the pk\'er is killed by someone this person gets the reward for killing the pk\'er and the reward on the pk\'er is reset then to half of the former reward. This way he still gets some heat, someone might try to take him out again for that 1/2 reward. Then the reward gets halved again and so on and so on. Their should also be some heavy penalty for a killed pk\'er, worse then normal, a big xp loss or he has to pay the reward? or ... Their should also be a way to get a pardon for an accidental pk then, pray in church during an hour(realtime) or something?
I think this system would be pretty nice cuz, newbies can be protected by people who hunt pk\'ers and get rewarded for this. And pk\'ers would love to get their name on top of the reward list(prestige).

Sekhmet

Xalthar

• Forum Addict
  • Tisfjæsing.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2003, 09:07:48 pm »
I don\'t like the idea of punishing people for pk\'ing, nor do I like the idea of getting a bounty on your head for doing so...

I just think Pvp should be limited to special zones only.
Then the areas would change pking supression once in a while and Pvp would be allowed there then...

Pking is of course allowed at any place where pvp is available, and pvp would be limited so that only f.ex. lvl 1-5 can fight each other and lvl 6-9, 10-20, 21-45... and so on

people who have pk\'ed a lot would then get special ranks, like outlaw/bandit/rogue or something, so that they would only be able to fight with others of their rank in pk\'ing and normal char. lvl.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2003, 09:09:29 pm by Xalthar »

shangralah

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2003, 03:08:53 pm »
i agree

Tyriel

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2004, 03:56:53 pm »
For all I know there is not going to be a free PVP thing...
But still If pvp is allowed only in some zones or arenas then there are other ways to make money...f.ex. Maybe devs could build a nice big arena into some basement ..into a pit where there would be lotta spectators and before the match they could place bets...there would also be a list up in a web page about the regular fighters and the winnings/losses and the earned money..high lvled player minimum bet is lot bigger than low lvled players..and more fun to watch..the winner should get some % of the bet and a lot of exp..

In battlefield zones the rich thing is only a matter of looting....

I got some good thoughts about the arena things and visuals....but all in time
\"I have the power to take everything from you.. Including your life\"

Guild for Warriors and Thieves..Guild for adventurers of Strenght and Dexterity-- Portal to our realm http://www.swordofsilence.tk

Olig

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2004, 10:06:12 pm »
Bounties should be assigned to you by a specific group once you complete a mission that was shunned by them, not by the whole community in general.
Beware that I am distorted in my wording if you do not understand me at all.

jcterminal

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
my two cents on PKs and whatnot
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2004, 01:51:15 am »
personally, PKing is an exciting part of playing a MMORPG, but only if it\'s done right. i think at this stage of the game, i would seriously not recommend it.

if it IS allowed, i think there should be some sort of serious penalty, like drops in charisma... maybe PK icons over the avatar... a bounty is a good idea.

i also like the idea of gladiatorial combat tho. with users against users, users against monsters, and the ability to bet on the outcome.

derwoodly

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2004, 09:05:58 am »
I am sure the next release will not have a bounty system in it.  It is good idea, but such a system would require a complicated set of rules to govern players actions.  For instance, if your in a group of 5 players and you get a kill, does the whole group go up in rank? If it is only the one who scores the killing blow, then  the other group members will get to pk with immunity from the bounty/tournamate system.  If everyone in the group goes up in rank, then a devious person could join a group and pk just to brand you a pker.

Deddarus

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2004, 03:45:38 pm »
i believe individuals should be able to put a price on someones head.. this integrates into RP and allows a bit of variance on the bounty (eg if the player placing the bounty feels particularly offended then they would put more $$ as bounty)

as for gladiator style tournaments... as soon as we have functionality and an arena my guild (the Academy of Gambling and Entertainment Services) will be hosting such events and taking bets :)

unfortunate_fate

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2004, 09:59:10 am »
what about pking guilds you must join a guild and can only pk pking guilds

derwoodly

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2004, 11:52:28 am »
I think your ignoring Paxxs post, let me paste a snip of it here....

Anyway those are my current musings, do with them as you wish, I only suggest you start coming up with something better then bounty hunters, while I see merit in the idea, it does not even begin to cut it.

We are talking about something where eather everyone can enjoy, that is especially true for non-PKers, or it will not be in the game.

--- Paxx

Ionas

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2004, 04:12:58 am »
I\'ve read paxx\'s post (and ignored by suggesting bountyhunters too), he isn\'t very clear why they don\'t cut it.

Placing bounty on the head of players killing others makes the hunters become the hunted. If on top of that there is no gain in killing a player few will dare to slaughter without good reason.

quiksilver012

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2004, 02:24:37 am »
I really don\'t think this bounty system could work, it would ruin peoples time who only Pk\'d for fun, it might put a few people of planeshift and that\'s the opposite of what we want right?

quiksilver012

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2004, 02:26:23 am »
it was a good idea, but i for one am a Pk\'er and i would be dissapointed if there was bounty, unless it was perfectly done it would be really weird.

quiksilver012

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2004, 02:28:04 am »
whoah i\'m a cool newbie! nice...

Cirque

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2004, 10:24:28 am »
Seems to me that people that are opposed to pking are suggesting these ideas that make pkers suffer. I was with your idea up until it said half the reward is still left. But ill give you the benefit of the doubt there.

When I read your proposal for loss of experience points I drew the line right there.

Ive seen harsh anti-PK systems implemented and believe me they\'re no joke. There is one game I am talking about in particular that has a dieing, fading community. I suspect that the bogus pking system is contributing to this.