Author Topic: Stealing  (Read 471 times)

lynx_lupo

• Veteran
  • Sorbus aria!
    • View Profile
    • Linux pri nas
Stealing
« on: November 05, 2003, 12:42:30 pm »
Either I couldn\'t find it or the topic doesn\'t exist. Anyway, I wanna point out the problem of stealing. Thieves are of no use if they can just pickpocket and backstab. They should also be able to lockpick.

But there\'s no lock to pick yet and no chests to crack open. I think every building(shop, guild, ...) should have chests to store things in them. So one could brake in and brake in and brake out;).

So we want chests!
"Amor sceleratus habendi"- Ovid
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you eat them." -Godzilla

elscouta

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2003, 02:26:08 pm »
Shame on me wrong thread

So for this thread: you want to loot an entire guild. Wow, poor guild... I understand looting npc\'s but your idea is a bit much. or maybe insurers can exists in the PS world so when you are looted, you get your items back with a small fine.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2003, 02:28:08 pm by elscouta »
High Loremaster of the Arcane Order.

ryan10230

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2003, 08:21:17 pm »
I think it\'d be really hard to balance the whole lockpicking thing.  The insurance thing probably wouldn\'t work, too easily exploitable and it could mess up the economy.

lynx_lupo

• Veteran
  • Sorbus aria!
    • View Profile
    • Linux pri nas
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2003, 06:13:15 pm »
More chests, better locks, guards(members automatically)... make the odds better. Everything possible would be made by the player to prevent stealing, but it\'s inevitable.
"Amor sceleratus habendi"- Ovid
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you eat them." -Godzilla

Tyriel

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2003, 07:57:17 am »
yes...thiefing should be allowed  everywhere..but to prevent any usual char. to empty a pocket the skill should be very hard to lvl and only people who took the thiefing style char. should run around shadows without been notice and infiltrate other guilds buildings and stuff let te warrior types reap each other in the battlefield..but thats another story
\"I have the power to take everything from you.. Including your life\"

Guild for Warriors and Thieves..Guild for adventurers of Strenght and Dexterity-- Portal to our realm http://www.swordofsilence.tk