Author Topic: Attemt at Good and Manegable  (Read 1514 times)

Harwen

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Attemt at Good and Manegable
« on: December 16, 2003, 01:02:54 pm »
Okie, I have no idea why I am adding to the rolling avalance of droll, but I want to give a shot at actually sounding like some of the better wish-list topics that have people submit ideas instead of rant and rant. You can\'t really help it sometimes, for some reason, you see someone post something incredibly stupid, or senseless, and you panic to conter them because you are afraid it will work it\'s way into the minds of a dev like an evil babel fish. If we think about it, and the fact that the devs are alot smarter than some people give them credit for, we start to relax. So relax with me. :D

As we all know, fighting each other is a must in any MMORPG, it\'s just there, you can\'t avoid it. But  we must realize that it isn\'t what Planeshift is based on. It is based on the RPG  part of MMORPG . With groups, favor to large parties. Okie, so we have a base for our ideas.

Staying on topic with the original post is a must generally in all types of forums right? Well, it is even more important in such a specific forum like this. Honestly, I see it here more than all the other forums combined. If I was a moderator, I would be sick of the delete button.

Another point the devs  are 100%  going to include several forms of player to player action. Just read Paxx\'s post at the top of this sub-forum. Duel, Guild War and Arena fighting . All with their own respective rules and variations. Also, it is known that things like permenant death , and severe dying penalties  won\'t be implemented, because it violates my first point. Okie, now we have a base for our suggestions right? So let\'s all ask what don\'t we know?

So we have this:  

Our suggestions shouldn\'t intrerfere with the Role Playing Aspect (ruling out Perm Death, Severe Penalties, e.t.c.)  

Should include group fights for guild wars and team battles.

Should be based around what the dev\'s already have so as not to detract from a main goal. (A nice duel system, a great ways to handle group fights,  Gladiator-style arena, e.t.c.)  

Should be detailed and make some sense.

Should not detract from the topic of the original post.

And most importantly, should be fair and not swing to your own personal views of what a great game would be, or what the last game you played for 5 minutes was like. (Sadly,not everyone understands that Diablo isn\'t a great model for an MMORPG)

Try to follow the guidelines above, and try to stay on topic  I would like this post to stay up for a while since I have been thinking about this alot.  :]

So, let\'s get busy, and please, psuedo-flamers back off from this one?  :D

paxx

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2003, 02:40:34 pm »
Interesting the level of response this has gotten so far.   I appreciate the effort though.
-Paxx

Darkblade

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2003, 03:25:33 pm »
let me just say what I already know.
Or what seems is going to happen.

There will be all these things, and more.

Aparently, from what I\'ve read, people who kill others inside a town will have a bounty or something like this.

That\'s all I\'ve heard so far.
Crazy am I. Not responsable for crazyness that ensues.

Kuiper7986

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2003, 12:58:53 am »
I\'m 100% siding with arena, colleseums, and guild wars.
I think those are the best solutions to the pk\'ing problems. Maybe friends want to have a friendly fight without losing exp or items, there\'s nothing wrong with that. If there\'s a guild war great, it adds to drama or maybe even start a plot to a storyline.

But I have to disagree with pk\'ing. Pk\'ing is not essential, if pk\'ing were essential then we wouldn\'t have to fight monsters, we could just fight each other. You don\'t have to fight each other. It all comes down to the player, how he chooses to be in the game. If the player is going to be annoying, starts swearing to everyone, and spams the chat, of course there\'s going to be a valid reason why people would want to pk.

If the player isn\'t annoying, and just wants to fight, just go to an arena, I\'m sure there would people wanting to fight him/her just for the pure fight without losing items or exp.
My name is NOT pronounced, \"Kway-per,\" it\'s pronounced \"Kye-per.\"

Tyriel

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2003, 06:00:01 am »
I mentioned the bounty...

If u kill one in the town Ull get \"wanted dead or alive\" sign and other \"good\" chars can bounty ur ass..

Ull be wanted maybe even a week.. that could teach u a lesson not to kill in town
\"I have the power to take everything from you.. Including your life\"

Guild for Warriors and Thieves..Guild for adventurers of Strenght and Dexterity-- Portal to our realm http://www.swordofsilence.tk

Xordan

• Crystal Space Developer
  • Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2003, 08:50:47 am »
Bah, but I like having a \'Murderer\' or similar status. It make n00bs run away when they see you. Very satisfying. :P

Kuiper7986

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2003, 12:14:32 pm »
okay so then everyone\'s going to be afraid of everyone. Why need guilds, if everyone is murdering then I guess we only need one man guilds.

Okay so then you murder in one town, then you can go to the next, and the next.

Darkblade

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2003, 12:25:12 pm »
Not really.
I believe in the other thread, the n00bs could go to the town guard and get the guy punished.

That would keep them on the run considering guards would be chasing after him/her.

It would be nasty considering that the guards just start chasing you.
Crazy am I. Not responsable for crazyness that ensues.

Harwen

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2003, 12:37:41 pm »
Did anyone actually read what I wrote? Not what I really wanted, but I guess beggers can\'t be choosy.

I really wanted a post of clever ideas about Player to Player dueling systems, and what restrictions can be put upon the players. I understand I already said that there will  be all those things, so why are you guys telling you you side 100% with PK?

Another point the devs are 100% going to include several forms of player to player action. Just read Paxx\'s post at the top of this sub-forum. Duel, Guild War and Arena fighting . All with their own respective rules and variations. Also, it is known that things like permenant death , and severe dying penalties won\'t be implemented, because it violates my first point. Okie, now we have a base for our suggestions right? So let\'s all ask what don\'t we know?  

We know you do, or you wouldn\'t be posting in this tread right? Oh, the pain. Thanks for the replies anyways.

Kuiper7986

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2003, 03:26:43 pm »
a beginner is supposed to stop a player who would most likely be more experienced and strong than the beginner is? That\'s not logical.

And Harwen sorry if we got off topic its actually easy to go off topic.

It\'s like I talk about a cat, someone then makes fun of the cats hair, then someone talks about the biological processes of producing hair, then someone talks about studying biology in his class. So instead of talking about  a cat you end up talking about someone dude\'s biology class, sorry about going topic. :)

Harwen

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2003, 05:23:42 pm »
It\'s understandable Kupier, I mean right now I don\'t feel like talking about my own post  :P  

I just really wanted a thread with alot of good ideas in huge paragraph form.

PLEASE RANT PEOPLE! I do it all the time  :))

Xelon

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2003, 03:05:49 pm »
aaaa xordans a murderer

*looks at himself* oh wait....
the man with the invisible sig picture

Harwen

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2003, 09:26:42 pm »
aaaa xordans a murderer
*looks at himself* oh wait....

Okie, what the heck was that about?
Do you all want to make me even more upset? :(

tallimar

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2004, 07:01:15 pm »
ok, lets see if i  can pull this thread back to its intended direction?  so the items to consider for are; guild wars, arena combat, and duels?

where there is light, there are shadows.

tallimar

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2004, 07:15:50 pm »
arena:
perhaps have several forms of arena combat?  for example, one on one gladiator, and team gladiator or maybe have regular tournaments?  how about gladiator classes so we dont end up with mage vs monk or archer vs warrior?

duels:
will duels be allowed anywhere and/or be limited to 1:1 ratio?  if so, the coding for such can be based on number of PCs in team A and B\'s parties.  should there be an option that the duel can be cancelled at any time, probably not a good idea...

wars:
create a guild leader option that allows guild leaders to declare war.  in order for a war to start, guild leader A must declare war on guild B, guild leader B can then either accept or decline the declaration.  if guild leader B accepts, then free pk between members of guild A and guild B?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2004, 07:17:48 pm by tallimar »

where there is light, there are shadows.