Author Topic: Attemt at Good and Manegable  (Read 1515 times)

Harwen

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2004, 07:30:20 pm »
YES! Thank you Tallimar! You now officially rule in my book of rock!

Yes, I want you to help with your ideas on PK, Duels, Arenas and Dying while following the criteria below.

:D  :D I so happy :)

Now to place my idea:

Arenas:

Arena fighting should take after the greek arenas, with monsters, people and traps and stuff in a big pit. Ever read about the real gladiator battles? Ever watch gladiator ( I am assuming it\'s accurate) ever play or see a demo of gladiator for the PS2? Very chaotic and busy.
Just and idea.

tallimar

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2004, 08:32:29 pm »
maybe have certain levels of arenas in that case?  newbie arenas have few traps whereas pcs in high level arenas have to watch their every step or else nearly die(of course im exaggerating in this case :P )?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2004, 08:32:59 pm by tallimar »

where there is light, there are shadows.

Kixie

• Veteran
  • I chase the moon, liquour, cars and women.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2004, 05:45:27 pm »
OMG having traps in an arena!!! How baddass would that be!! haha!
\"NO! Dont step there Timmy Theres a Mine there!!\'
\"what?\"
BOOOOOM!

\"shit...\"

*listens to \"did my time\" by korn*

Dude guildwars also have to be massive in this game! That would be so awesome! Even Mines in the battle field that would be cool! To see like bodies flying in the air! Awesome... Any kinds of traps would be awesome. Also in guildwars we should be able to have trained animals fight with us. That would rock to!
just some ideas... improve upon them if you choose... Im out!

tallimar

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2004, 05:58:25 pm »
would there be a special set of skills for rogue types in guilds?  such as craft traps and trap setting?  of course the traps would have to be \'smart\', they could only target those that are in the warring guilds.  there would also have to be disable traps as well.

come to think of it, trapping in guild wars is a little too insidious...

add:
there should also be some way to end the wars like an option to declare defeat.  would it be wise to keep count of guild wins and losses or would that just provoke the pk guilds too much?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2004, 06:01:31 pm by tallimar »

Harwen

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2004, 04:56:53 pm »
Now that\'s an interesting idea ther tallimar, it would be kinda cool, both adding a diplomatic and stragegic element to the game.

tallimar

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2004, 05:03:10 am »
so guild leaders could:
declare war
declare defeat
declare truce

how\'s that sound?  in the case of scripts keeping score for the guilds, there could be a way to find out: guild victories, guild defeats, and guild truces.  how does that sound?

Harwen

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2004, 02:08:43 am »
I find it really sad that the day I leave the game everyone posts in my threads, lol. Well, they area ll very good Ideas, I hope to see them implemented somehow :D

tallimar

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2004, 07:32:39 pm »
yeah, my ideas are nice but their pretty basic... id like to see what else can be thought up. :)

derwoodly

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2004, 08:24:16 pm »
Good work on the Arena ideas, let me through in a few ideas of how I think a dueling option should work.

Both parties need to consent.

Duel \"button\" has a timer on it of 15 minutes to prevent spamming people with duels.

When both parties except the duel, all buffs are dropped and bystandards are prohibited from casting heals or buffs on you.

Each player has the option of pressing a forfit button that will allow the player to back out of the duel (I am not 100 for this idea, but it is a management tool)

Players should have the option putting money in a vertual pot that the winner will get.

Dueling must take place outside the town gates.

Your dueling score card is attached to your name and a /who command will allow others to see it.

tallimar

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2004, 03:50:36 pm »
good ideas derwoodly. :D  the only complaint i can see though is with the 15 minute span between duels.  i could better understand 30 seconds or 1 minute, but with 15 minute wait some people who actually want to duel each other multiple times would be a little frustrated.

derwoodly

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2004, 09:45:01 pm »
I just pulled that number out of the air.  maybe 2 minutes would be better.