Author Topic: Annoying PK-ers  (Read 902 times)

Mailliw

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Annoying PK-ers
« on: December 17, 2003, 03:19:09 pm »
Some PK-ing is alright, but with strict guidelines. Remember UO about 4-5 years ago, pure havok, and if you were a noob don\'t even think about logging on cuz you won\'t do anything but get killed.  Don\'t get me wrong, PK adds to the realism (and SOMETIMES) the fun,  but when you have people that run around (especially in large groups) and just wait to prey on weaker players the game gets frustrating and players lose interest. Just my thoughts. TY

Kixie

• Veteran
  • I chase the moon, liquour, cars and women.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2003, 04:45:13 pm »
cmon malliw there are 200 posts on this. this is spam... read other posts before just creating one. I dont want to be mean about it but you can see 30 posts talking about this just in the subject names.  :rolleyes:

Harwen

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2003, 07:30:36 pm »
Yeah, this is what I rant about, honestly it\'s mostly newbs  :P  :rolleyes:

Be more courteous in the future Mailliw, this is a flamable post.  X(   X(

Xalthar

• Forum Addict
  • Tisfjæsing.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2003, 07:49:32 pm »
oh bugger off will ya... no harm done here, he\'s just stating his oppinion.

Kixie

• Veteran
  • I chase the moon, liquour, cars and women.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2003, 09:05:53 pm »
sure there is no harm dont but like i have probally had to state 30 times just today, nobody seems to come up with any unique ideas. most people just follow each other like lemmings untill they fall off a cliff and thats where they will end up if they keep doin it! I mean there are just as many of us with good unique ideas so why cant they think of some? I mean i would rather some guy talk about a giant noodle that give 3000 damage than some guy blatantly repeating that Pking is bad and all that jazz.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2003, 09:06:45 pm by Kixie »

Dathias

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2003, 09:09:21 am »
I agree with how pking can become annoying if it is not regulated. adding on to whemy so if everyone would stop bickering and start giving some ideas maybe we would have this done by now and move on. I think there should be a area for pking not a arena (there just not as fun). Or we could go with the asheron\'s call approach (pk mode) i liked that idea.
I\'ve counted every block in my cell over one hundred times...  But have u named them yet- Count Monte Cristo

Tyriel

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2003, 10:43:45 am »
Well my opinion is..there should be an area(I wanted PK to allowed everywhere but thought about it and now its not such a good idea) where groups can hunt and kill..make guild battles..

also in the middle of towns..or in the cellars of pubs and taverns there can be a arena..u know where u can organize fights and get rich :)..with lots of spectators..

I agree with when PK is allowed averywhere and any time all the new guys would loose interest when got killed like 100 times a day..
\"I have the power to take everything from you.. Including your life\"

Guild for Warriors and Thieves..Guild for adventurers of Strenght and Dexterity-- Portal to our realm http://www.swordofsilence.tk

Tyriel

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2003, 03:45:35 pm »
just wanted to add when CB releases theres going to be only fighting stuff ,skills no jobs..
so only thing u can do is to kill and loot..right??
perfect for PK till next version is going to be released..

Guild for Warriors and Thieves..Guild for adventurers of Strenght and Dexterity-- Portal to our realm http://www.swordofsilence.tk

Tyriel

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2003, 03:46:20 pm »
WTF??? why always comes two posts??..this new 30 sec thingi is not right??..or im not right??
dam sry
« Last Edit: December 20, 2003, 03:48:16 pm by Tyriel »

Kuiper7986

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2003, 08:34:10 pm »
pk\'ing sucks, leave it in the arenas, pk\'ing sucks, don\'t have no dang area for pk\'ing, pk\'ing sucks, why add realism, this game is not called Planeshift: where your realism comes true, its Planeshift: where your dreams come true, oh did I mention pk\'ing sucks?
My name is NOT pronounced, \"Kway-per,\" it\'s pronounced \"Kye-per.\"

Draklar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2003, 12:23:09 am »
Originally posted by Tyriel
I agree with when PK is allowed averywhere and any time all the new guys would loose interest when got killed like 100 times a day..

That\'s the point of this sub-forum: to find system that would prevent that.

why add realism, this game is not called Planeshift: where your realism comes true, its Planeshift: where your dreams come true, oh did I mention pk\'ing sucks?

mmorpg\'s without realism suck :rolleyes:
AKA Skald

Tyriel

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2003, 04:34:41 am »
well...then PK should be allowed only on some areas \"battlefields\" and some arenas \"fighting pits\"
and all other nice ppl should stay away from thoes kind a places then...
everybodys happy

Draklar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2003, 05:44:48 am »
Originally posted by Tyriel
well...then PK should be allowed only on some areas \"battlefields\"

well if you\'ll leave it just-like-that then you won\'t call it \"battlefield\", but \"slaughterhouse\"
too simple and wouldn\'t work that good.
It should be make way that even those \"nice\" people could fight there...
I still think that if people won\'t get anything from fighting with others, there won\'t be many pkers...
AKA Skald

Kuiper7986

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2003, 06:56:00 pm »
ohhh okay, so if there\'s no realism it sucks. So if an MMORPG had magic, monsters, and characters that have HP as life, well I guess it sucks because it isn\'t real. We\'ll I feel sad for the MMORPG market because all there games suck then.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2003, 06:56:52 pm by Kuiper7986 »
My name is NOT pronounced, \"Kway-per,\" it\'s pronounced \"Kye-per.\"

tallimar

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2004, 02:30:04 pm »
they dont call it a fantasy without reason.  there has to be some suspension of belief or else what would be the point of making a game where all you do is go to work for 8 hours a day then go home and sleep just to do that the next game day(another sims game *shudders*).  its not \"realism\" but more like \"surrealism.\"  this game, planeshift, is supposed to be an imaginary persistant world, but in order for one to be able to immerse himself into this fantasy realm there has to be some rules in play that pertains to the real world(such as gravity) even if these rules can be suspended for a short amount of time(which adds to the fantasy part of such a game).

comments, thoughts?

where there is light, there are shadows.