Author Topic: PvP Settings  (Read 453 times)

Gold_Fusion

• Traveller
    • View Profile
PvP Settings
« on: May 14, 2004, 12:38:26 pm »
I haven\'t read the other PvP threads (there are too many) and the search brought nothing up, so I apologise if this has already been suggested. I don\'t even know if the PvP methods have been decided. ;) T\'is just a suggestion - how about allowing people to choose whether or not they want to participate in PvP. So a Non-PvP player would not be able to be killed by another player or kill another player. A PvP player would only be able to kill other PvP players or be killed by other PvP players. To stop people changing their setting while in a middle of a fight or before a difficult fight, the option could perhaps only be changed in a certain building within each city. Of course, there would be some areas or people that override the player\'s PvP settings - e.g. when participating in an arena battle.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2004, 12:38:53 pm by Gold_Fusion »

derwoodly

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2004, 11:12:31 pm »
This sounds like the Preist of Discord system that EQ had.  Most chose the non PvP option.

If PS had a system like this, then we could at least find out how many players actually liked PvP.  Presumably the ones that wanted it would select the option.

At the very least it would be like casting a vote.  Make it a one time option to be chosen at the begining.

??? How should the PvP system work ???
-- no rules, atack anyone anywhere?
-- attack anyone, anywhere but a safe newbie area?
-- attack anyone outside any city zone?
-- attack anyone in a wilderness area far from the citys?
-- attack only characters near your skill level?

Kiva

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2004, 04:21:32 pm »
There is no \"vote\" at all. The current PvP system works like this.

Player1/Guild1 challenges Player2/Guild2. P2/G2 accepts/cancels the challenge.

If accepted, the two will be able to fight eachother until a) the duel is won (if it\'s with two players) or b) the losing guild withdraws from battle. Yes, this means if noone withdraws, you\'ll be at war forever. I don\'t know if this is possible to abuse somehow, however Vengeance said he would check up on it, to make sure people can\'t annoy-block some guild\'s possibility to make wars.

[Edit: Forgot to add something...]

And it will work exactly like this until some clever person thinks up a better way of PvP\'ing.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2004, 04:23:54 pm by Kiva »
\"Somewhere over the rainbow...\"

rifft

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2004, 03:37:39 pm »
Kudos on the system, it\'s the first reasonable system I\'ve seen. :)

Not that I\'ve seen that many, but from what it sounds like. This is a good compromise between completely controlled PKing and a bit of open war.

So the question I have is this, if you join guild 1 which is at war with guild 2, are you then automatically able to attack/get attacked by any player in guild 2?

I think that it\'s fair and good that things are resolved that way, though it should be easy to find out which guilds the guild you are about to join is at war with.

Anyway, just my two cents.
Shine on you crazy diamond.