Author Topic: More music!  (Read 509 times)

firiban

• Traveller
    • View Profile
More music!
« on: June 27, 2009, 12:59:24 pm »
Hi,
as there was a litte party at the Explorers' camp today and we lacked some music, i felt like making some - here it is  :) .
There's no MIDI, except for the drum part. The rest was recorded and mixed using Audacity. I tried to have it fit into the medieval setting.

Download
--->http://filebin.ca/wobzb/Firiban-Under_the_Cliffs.zip
Password is: ojagughydlaa
Sorry for the filebin, it will soon be avalible on the psde.de mirror.

The archive includes three songs.
Released under
cc-by-nc-nd

Firiban - Under the Cliffs
Welcoming Warmup1:10
Ambigous Aim2:44
Silent Samba6:39

Have fun listening and please comment :)
Firiban
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 01:08:25 pm by firiban »
Code: [Select]
    if (brain)
    {
        delete brain;
    }
From PlaneShift's npcclient code.

Beniel

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: More music!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 07:54:07 am »
Hahah, I've just listened to ambiguos aim, it is pretty awesome. What instruments did you use? trombone, clarinet and flute? My only complaint about it was that you had what I thought sounded like your trombone mouthpiece alone as an instrument, it makes a terribly horrendous sound :P All the same, if that is what I thought I heard I am remarkably impressed by the control of your embouchure.

And now I've just listened to to the other two, they are, rather awesome as well :D. I really like the arrangement and the way it kinda just comes together so nicely.

Also, can you do circular breathing? cos I don't think I heard a breath on the trombone all throughout silent samba.

The recordings quality is really quite clear, what did you use to record it?

Oh, and I thought that the trombone sounded a little bit tinny, maybe you could try using bass boost to make it sound fuller?

But otherwise they were really a good listen..I particularly liked welcome warmup, it sounded really...seagoing

firiban

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: More music!
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 05:24:42 pm »
:D - thanks for the reply

You're the first one to tell me this is good. :P I think you are overestimating my skills though - the "mouthpiece" is a kazoo :) . Besides that, i've used a soprano and alto recorders, a trombone, a baritone, a glockenspiel a rattle and the free drum synthesizer known as Hydrogen. My "circular breathing" is the result of stretcheng the middle of a recorded note using Audacity's "Change Tempo" feature ^^. The mic is a little Sennheiser headset, connected via an usb sound card. The "arrangement" is completely improvised - first i recorded a melody while playing the drum pattern, then i added the bass and the other instruments (or the other way round). most of the backgrounds are loops of the same recording. You're right about the bass boost, i've played around with audacity a bit more and got quite some nice effects by duplicating the bass track and changing the pitch of the copy by one octave.

Regards
Firiban
Code: [Select]
    if (brain)
    {
        delete brain;
    }
From PlaneShift's npcclient code.