Author Topic: Pterosaurs - Amdeneir  (Read 1532 times)

Xanthan

• Prospects
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Pterosaurs - Amdeneir
« on: December 15, 2010, 04:02:40 pm »
Are pterosaur rides and beast masters working?  I tried speaking to Ereneid but she seems to be asleep.  No response no matter what I say to her.

Looking forward to trying this out and visiting new locations!  Very exciting!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 05:11:37 pm by Talad »

Sarva

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Pterosaurs
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 04:08:14 pm »
You need to click on the NPC next to them and in the NPC tab say about travel or the name of the city you want to go to. Probably best to say about travel the first time and then later you can just say the city name but remember you need to say this in the NPC tab not in main.

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Pterosaurs
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 05:11:09 pm »
We are sorry but at this moment the pterosaurs do not fly yet to Amdeneir (the new klyos city). We are working on the problem, and the functionality is already working on our test servers. We plan to release it as soon as possible!!

I will post on this thread when this will be fixed.

:oops:
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 05:12:50 pm by Talad »

Xanthan

• Prospects
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Pterosaurs - Amdeneir
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 06:26:38 pm »
Thanks!  I would not have thought to try more queries since the basic ones "hello", "about you", etc. didn't get a response.  I assumed the NPC server was having issues with that character.

Can't wait to travel to Amdeneir.  PlaneShift has taken huge strides forwards recently.  My thanks and applause to all involved.  These are exciting times!

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 03:07:52 am »
Unfortunately, many of the newer NPCs (or NPCs with new orders, as Krestal himself is not really "new") appear to be not yet connected to "common knowledge areas", and lack of "personality" as well. So you may really need to get told about the one or phew phrases they recognise at all. Like here:

about travel

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Piker

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 06:09:36 am »
Thanks for this new city, it looks fantastic. Very, very complex and lots to explore.

The Pterosaurs don't work on Laanx, only on EZPC, but not from certain npc's.

I managed to get outsite the city for a screenie, but now i just have to work out how to get back inside :D

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 06:22:46 am »
/die :P

actually probably you can try to get offmap

ohforf

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 06:49:05 am »
Thanks for this new city, it looks fantastic. Very, very complex and lots to explore.

The Pterosaurs don't work on Laanx, only on EZPC, but not from certain npc's.

I managed to get outsite the city for a screenie, but now i just have to work out how to get back inside :D

Thanks for the Information, its true.  \\o//

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O LORD, bless this Thy hand grenade that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy."

Piker

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 06:50:32 am »
Hehe, yeah death is probably my only way back now.

I've explored the surrounding map and those hills are huge, they take forever to climb :D

Arelle

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2010, 11:20:27 pm »
Well, I typed in "amedeir" and then all the npc in the Hydlaa disappeared.  I signed out thinking it would reset and now I can't get back in at all. Suggestions?
Something clever...something,something, something...another
something clever. So, Ha!

Sarva

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2010, 12:54:37 am »
I have restored you to the spawn point. Hopefully that will clear up your problem.

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2010, 07:09:54 am »
Travel to Amdeneir is available also on the RP server now. Speak with Krestal. Good flights!

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2010, 01:21:20 pm »
Thanks for the Information, its true.  \\o//

Thanks, nice screenshot ohforf! And thanks to devs to making it available on Zeroping too!
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 01:25:15 pm by Gilrond »

firiban

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2010, 12:25:16 pm »
Well, I typed in "amedeneir" and then all the npc in the Hydlaa disappeared.  I signed out thinking it would reset and now I can't get back in at all. Suggestions?

I have the same problem, no matter whether i'm on zeroping, ezpcusa or localhost. I'm on Ubuntu Linux 10.10, oss ati graphics driver. When trying to relog, the loading screen after Character selection hangs at "requesting connection". A GM moved me back to hydlaa.
Code: [Select]
    if (brain)
    {
        delete brain;
    }
From PlaneShift's npcclient code.

RlyDontKnow

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2010, 09:00:17 am »
Well, I typed in "amedeneir" and then all the npc in the Hydlaa disappeared.  I signed out thinking it would reset and now I can't get back in at all. Suggestions?

I have the same problem, no matter whether i'm on zeroping, ezpcusa or localhost. I'm on Ubuntu Linux 10.10, oss ati graphics driver. When trying to relog, the loading screen after Character selection hangs at "requesting connection". A GM moved me back to hydlaa.

did you update your clients? if you didn't update to 0.5.5, you don't have amdeneir, hence it cannot load and hangs...