Author Topic: useful glyph drops from bosses  (Read 625 times)

leonideus

• Traveller
    • View Profile
useful glyph drops from bosses
« on: August 05, 2017, 08:41:50 pm »
I noticed that xalpalok drops an armor glyph. This is not particularly useful as by the time someone can face xalpa if they are a mage they will have certainly bought it from levrus. Then I thought about the market the other day with a glyph auction. I propose making other unpurchasable glyphs drop from boss monsters. xalpalock marangma one claw etc. a glyph in their bodies would help explain why they are more powerful too. Normal variation doesn't tend to produce one monster ten times as strong as all others of its race after all. Since it takes beating a boss and could be a rare drop it would still encourage low level players to quest for glyphs without making quests the only realistic way to acquire glyphs besides the 6 purchasable ones at levrus.

Dilihin

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • you can always find me on IRC: JeHugawa @freenode
    • View Profile
Re: useful glyph drops from bosses
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 10:40:57 am »
If bosses would drop rare glyphs i would have allready grinded tons of glyph and have a glyph shop open. I guess other high level players who can kill bosses easily too would have done the same aswell.

I guess that compresses the issue with having bosses drop rare glyphs...

leonideus

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 02:20:19 pm »
I still don't think that's a bad thing. Besides if you made the best ones extremely rare drop. maybe 1 in 200. you still wouldn't have that much stock.

Mairon

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 05:01:24 pm »
So how did you kill Xalpa?
DONT TREAD ON ME

leonideus

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 04:39:20 pm »
a group personally i was casting magic.

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 07:46:51 pm »
The secret to getting cool glyphs and mage gear is to do the quests. Looting alone will not get you that stuff.

Migg

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 02:32:57 pm »
And what if you mess that non-repeatable quest and fail to get that prize? One glyph you will never be able to get unless you make an alt for that specific reason...

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2017, 03:17:53 pm »
Every glyph can be gotten at least once, I set the glyph rewards up in such a way to make this a certainty. If however I've made a mistake and there are some which can't be guaranteed to be obtained, or even if people are unsure they are guaranteed, let me know and i'll look into it.

Migg

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2017, 03:25:23 pm »
Every glyph can be gotten at least once, I set the glyph rewards up in such a way to make this a certainty. If however I've made a mistake and there are some which can't be guaranteed to be obtained, or even if people are unsure they are guaranteed, let me know and i'll look into it.

I am not sure if this was a reply to my post. If a glyph can only be gotten from a single, non-repeatable quest which you mess up does it fall into the non-guaranteed category?

Venalan

• Global Moderator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2017, 03:30:45 pm »
It was in reply to you Migg. Guaranteed means guaranteed, which means there should be no glyphs only given in quests where you can end up not getting that glyph as a reward. If you know or think I might have missed something let me know.

Dilihin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2017, 06:01:59 am »
And what if you mess that non-repeatable quest and fail to get that prize? One glyph you will never be able to get unless you make an alt for that specific reason...

I am not sure if this was a reply to my post. If a glyph can only be gotten from a single, non-repeatable quest which you mess up does it fall into the non-guaranteed category?

Some glyph quests are not repetable and can be failed, yes. But if so, there is alternative quest for the glyph (albeit it might be annoying).

Dilihin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2017, 06:06:54 am »

1. Cast ALL buff spells( those with highest duration first ofc).
2. Have semi high armour and weapon level (i used medium armor back then and level 150 swords. Yes not lying here.)
3. Here's the real tip: use potions. A lot of potions. Stat potions help a lot but most important are health potions, because you don't have time to cast spells in middle of a fight. (higher quality is better ofc!)

So i did this before weapon nerfs so i think you need maxed out weapon and decent level heavy armour nowadays.

Zerxzz

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2017, 03:56:48 am »

2. Have semi high armour and weapon level (i used medium armor back then and level 150 swords. Yes not lying here.)
3. Here's the real tip: use potions. A lot of potions. Stat potions help a lot but most important are health potions, because you don't have time to cast spells in middle of a fight. (higher quality is better ofc!)

So i did this before weapon nerfs so i think you need maxed out weapon and decent level heavy armour nowadays.

You can also get him stuck behind something and cast spells.

Emaline

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Citizen
  • Game Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2017, 03:11:53 pm »

You can also get him stuck behind something and cast spells.

That's an abuse of the mechanics and considered cheating.
I'm very responsible, whenever something goes wrong they always say I'm responsible.

Any Event idea find us on IRC #ps-event
Problem Ingame use IRC: #Planeshift-gmtalk

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2017, 09:19:39 am »
I know this bit about not being allowed to use terrain to trap mobs has always been a rule here, but it seems unfair to expect the player to "nerf" themselves due to bugs in the game. It would be better if the npc could unstick itself or teleport to a better spot if stuck or reset itself if dizzy/broken.