Author Topic: [Rp] Necrovalley  (Read 2811 times)

Duraza

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Want to know the truth now?
[Rp] Necrovalley
« on: May 25, 2009, 04:46:13 pm »
The Return of Shadows

Tall, dressed in gold and red silk robes, elegant sabers at hand, relaxed eyes. A ynnwn wandered through the sewers, his steps slow and deliberate, not in a rush to get to where he was going or delaying. However, he held his blades tightly, he expected what would come. As he approached the sanctuary, the gates to his safety, the black torches he saw them. Two stood guard, chain-mail hanging loosely from their bodies, or what was left of the bodies. Both rushed at the ynnwn, large axes in hand. They were slow though, the ynnwn realized. A child could sidestep them, a flaw he knew would not last forever. The ynnwn's blades slammed into the chests of the two strangers, the cracking of bones echoing throughout the sewer halls. They were frail as well, though soon they would be coming fully developed. Then ynnwn sheathed his blades, ready to enter his sanctuary when footsteps were heard. He quickly entered, past the black torches.

"There were more," a voiced questioned, face covered by a mask.

"Yes. It won't take long now," said the ynnwn. "We will have to act quickly. Either fight and succeed or fight and die. Not fighting isn't an option."

Red leather covering his body, chain-mail around his arms, and a fear glyph on his necklace another ynnwn, with silver hair, walked towards a gate of an entirely different kind. Not one to sanctuary, not safety. No this gate lead away from his bastion, back to the world he no longer belonged to. The ynnwn took one last look at the Citadel around him, his eyes moving to look at another man, an old diabolo.

"We will take what is rightfully ours," said the ynnwn. "Take it, and build it anew."

Without another word both ynnwns left, one deeper into a safe place, the other into the chaos that he was to tame. Regardless of this, both men share something, a dark purpose.

[And Huzzah. I have started a new event, possibly to be my comeback. If you seek to be involved send me a pm or speak to one of my characters ingame. Saiix, Saggi, Nalirar, and Demoik should be the main ones involved so if you see them and you want to get involved don't hesitate to start something or ask me to. ]
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 10:55:51 am by Duraza »
Saggi Lezeheso, The Whisper's Jest
Demoik and Rioqura, The Immortal Harrow
Vertum, Will of Dakkru

Duraza Darkom, Slayer of Kittens

Duraza

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: [Rp] Necrovalley
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 10:32:37 am »
Kurtzen looked around the sewers, thinking he heard a noise. His ears searched but there were no sounds. The enkidukai went back to this thoughts when another faint noise was heard, almost to faint to really be sure of. He turned, finding nothing but empty halls. Something made an odd clacking sound. Kurtzen turned to find in his face a stranger, covered in black, saber drawn and thrusting at the menki's gut.

Blood drops hit the floor, dripping down the steel blade and from the mouth of Kurtzen as he looked up to view his attacker, seeing nothing but darkness in his cowl. Quickly Kurtzen pulled the blade from his chest, taking a few steps before drawing his own claymore, eyeing the stranger furiously.

"Who the hecks are you?"

From the stranger came no reply. When Kurtzen asked again the stranger lunged at him with another attack. The menki in response held out his blade to block. It happened again and again, Kurtzen able to block or dodge the mans attack easily, it either toying with him or much too slow to be effective. The menki then grabbed his sword and slammed it into the dark cloaked one's hand, knocking him into the sewer walls.

"Damned you." He said as he watched the man get up again. Something was off this time though. The hand he was hit in slipped down lower, much lower than usual as if it had just been elongated. He took his claymore and thrusted, this time at the beings chest. Cracks were heard, the sound clattering on the floor from small objects, followed by the complete collapse of the mans body. Or what was left of it...
Vertum, Will of Dakkru

Garris Shrike

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • The Mad Irishman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 10:48:32 am »
[Thank you, Duraza. That was a fun little bit, and very interesting to play with you on. Kurtzen is intrigued.]
Garris Shrike.
A lady's man. That lady's friend's man. That lady's friend's sister's man.
He will be missed.
M. R., also known as Lurch

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 05:35:21 pm »
How did he survive with a chest wound?  ???

Duraza

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 08:01:36 pm »
[Not really the place to discuss this but I didn't gut him out or anything. He got stabbed in the chest area. Not like I ran the blade through his heart.]
Vertum, Will of Dakkru

Duraza

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 09:28:42 pm »
Dressed in his usual attire, formal red robes with gold embroidery, Saggi made his way into the temple of Laanx. He nodded to the usual priests, going forward to approach Sharven. Before reaching him Saggi spotted a new face in one of the pews, at least one he had not seen before. The lemur looked up at Saggi as well, seeming to realize who he was in moments.

"...Priest Saggi...Lezeheso," the lemur asked, wide eyed.

Saggi nodded back, "Yes. A pleasure to meet you Mr?"

Quickly the lemur stood, bowing, "Giroum Dephra, a devotee of Laanx." Giroum took a better look at Saggi, smiling, "Might I enquire as to what brings you to the temple? I have been fortunate enough to have heard both your name and your works, but had not heard that you would be gracing us with your presence...?"

Saggi studied Giroum for a moment, letting out a sigh before speaking, "Well, actually..I've come to Hydlaa on strict busniess. Unfortunantely there have been outbreaks of chaotic Dakkru followers....I and a group of priests stumbled upon their plans. Most of those priests have been sleign since, including the ones with actual proof. I've nothing to come forward to the Octarchy with so I feel it my duty to thwart these plans myself."

The lemur furrowed his brow, "I see. If I and my collegues can lend any assistance, you have but to ask, of course. I myself and others dealt justice to a group of heretics earlier this year in fact."

"Is that so...Well your help would be welcome. I myself am not skilled in any form of combat. I came here to pray to Laanx for guidance...but I suppose he has already shown me the way."
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 09:34:55 pm by Duraza »
Vertum, Will of Dakkru

Duraza

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 10:42:49 am »
Saggi walked into the temple, seeing Giroum again and nodding politely. He had promised to explain to the lemur everything that happened and why he had come to Hydlaa. He knew things would start happening faster so the more the lemur felt he knew the better.

Giroum looked up at Saggi and nodded back, "How goes your...investigation?"

Saggi pondered for a few moments before he shook his head, looking back up, "Not much found yet...I was to discuss with you about the plans of those Dakkru followers correct?"

Giroum took out his pipe and lit it from the candle atop his staff, "If you wish."

Saggi sighs, looking at the wall with deep thought, "I suppose the best place to start is the begining.... I and a few fellow priest had been summoned, gathered together to speak about ways to improve the teachings of Laanx. We were discussing for many days when one day one of our own went missing. We had been staying in a small settlement so there was no question the person had left."

"I see. And your companion was never seen again?"

"Well...we think we saw him again.. When we left the village to search for him at first we found nothing. When we returned the guards had put up wanted signs for necromancers in the area."

Giroum's pipe almost dropped from his mouth, "Necromancers? I had heard of such people...the creation of grendols and the like...but."

Saggi frowned, "It was on that day we saw the disfigured and decayed body of a dwarf...He was of similar height and body to our own friend...Whether they were the same I cannot be sure. According to the guard and the townspeople it had been. The Bronze Door guard defeated it easily and told the village guard to start the hunt for Necromancers. It was then that we felt it our duty to help in the search."

"And, pray tell, how did you search fair?"

"We found what we believed to be their base, a small and well hidden Shrine to Dakkru. We found many documents and maps, detalining the floor. One of the maps had travel routes to Hydlaa in clear detail. There where also statues of the goddess of the Death Realm, paintings on the walls and a scatter of dead bodies and dark crystal."

"I brook no ill toward the mistress of death in her continuance of the natural processes...but necromancy is a step too far."

"Yes...We took a few of the documents to head to the village and report them to the guard...But before we reached it our group was attacked by more necromanced fiends..Most of us were killed and the evidence we had destroyed..I'm afraid I was too much of a coward to die by their side. I gathered the guard to lead them to the temple....There was naught but a few traces of ash."
Vertum, Will of Dakkru

Duraza

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 05:15:42 pm »
Saiix stood in Kada's idly, his thoughts drifting in the silence while his hand continually touched the surface of the fear glyph around his neck. It took a long time before that silence was broken, a enkidukai walking in and looking around curiously, trying to find if anyone was in the tavern.

"Crowded in here isn't it," Kamoku said, obviously as a joke. To this Saiix simply shrugged, still touching his glyph while trapped within his thoughts.

Kamoku seemed to realize Saiix's distance as she spoke up again, "Hey, I like to think too. I bet you're one of those loner types. So what you here for? Just getting a drink?"

Saiix frowned, turning and walking out, "Actually I was just leaving."

Kamoku turned moments later, following the ynnwn past the guards. She let him go a few steps ahead of herself before making the turn around the tavern and realizing Saiix was heading down the sewers. She decided to go down herself, climbing down the ladder. When she reached the bottom the ynnwn was no longer in sight, instead a strange figure, completely hidden in a black garb.

The figure drew its blade up, taking Kamoku by surprise as he stabbed at her, grazing her leg as he dodged to the side.

"Hey," Kamoku shouted at the darkly dressed being but its only respond was a volley of more attacks, slashing at her stomach, again and again before rushing at her to try and knock the fenki down. Kamoku easily avoided these attacks, seeming to realize whoever was attacking her was slow, despite their figure being unnaturally thin. Then she was stabbed by shock, the figure rushing out at her, its clothing flying away from the rush of wind hitting. Disbelief caused Kamoku a hesitation in movement, the blade stabbing her in the shoulder.

Kamoku growled, drawing her daggers, "You want to fight?" She quickly stabbed at its arm, followed by its neck, cracking sounds echoing in the sewer halls followed by loud clattering against the stone floor.

Kamoku grabbed her shoulder, cringing at the pain as she walked up towards the ladder, leaving the remains behind.
Vertum, Will of Dakkru

Duraza

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2009, 10:26:07 am »
An Agebound Prophet

Covered in dark robes, a staff with a dark crystal atop it, and two books in hand, a diabolo faced the portal back to Yliakum, the portal out of Dakkru's realm. He handed the staff to one of the acolytes who had come to see him off, his eyes revealing easily his discomfort with losing something so precious. One of the acolytes handed him a dagger, engraved with ceremonial symbols and a small fragment of the dark crystal. The diabolo removed his robe, revealing a body with scars and burns all over. Cut deeply into his back by blade was the image of a three horned skull. Symbols of worship were cut into his face and legs. He looked into the gate for a long moment, the acolytes silent with sorrow. They knew as well as he the fate he risked but he would not let such a thing stop him. The diabolo walked through. He was on his knees in Hydlaa, crouched over and coughing loudly. His body had been ripped of all youth, turning frail and wrinkled. The loss was more than he had hoped but he still had the energy to live. He stood and took slow steps, knowing he still had much to do.

Nalirar made his way through the city. He knew where he was going already, just as he knew that by approaching he made the day of his end even closer. He walked into the sewers, spotting below him what he expected. Another was being attacked by one of the skeletal fiends Saiix had risen. He looked closely at the girl being attacked, a female diabolo, youthful but something about her stood out. In minutes the skeleton was finished but such a thing didn't worry Nalirar, that was to be expected. The girl though, he had known her from somewhere.

Another arrived, a male diabolo trying to kill the female. This one wasn't one of Saiix's, he'd be dead. Still Nalirar shrugged, why should he care. The girl screamed, her voice sounding in Nalirar's head, making him remember. His eyes widened, disbelief ravaging his face. An unexpected turn, a twist in his own visions of the future. She was here. Nalirar quickly removed the dagger he had been given from its place, strapped to his leg. He made a deep cut in his chest, blood seeping down. The pain, the excitement, he could feel the mana flowing through him again. It would wear off soon, he knew it so he held out his left hand. A powerful dark spell sapped the male below, making him fall. Nalirar than made his way down to examine the bones of the skeleton that fell to the female.

The girl's eyes narrowed as she saw Nalirar, "Is that yours?"

Nalirar shook his head, "Not exa-," be began before a sudden crippling pain overcame him. The excitement had worn off, the wound's weakening effects had begun. He turned and walked off, not bothering to look back at the female. Slowly to himself he muttered the same phrase over and over, trying to make himself believe it. It could not be, yet she was as real as she was those many years ago. "My daughter is here," he barely managed to whisper, "....My Vayl."
Vertum, Will of Dakkru

Bajazag

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2009, 07:12:26 am »
Tall, dressed in gold and red silk robes,

red robes with gold embroidery

Ynnwns can't wear gold.

Duraza

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2009, 08:28:03 am »
[The color is gold. The material isn't made from gold.]
Vertum, Will of Dakkru

Duraza

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 05:58:56 pm »
Simple posters such as this can be found all over Hydlaa, Oja, and Gugrontid, words in red written with in a fancy calligraphy.

Words of Warning

A Sermon for All to Join, Being Held in the Laanx Temple
Topic - Worship, Both Good and Chaotic

Speaker - Saggi Lezeheso, a Priest of Laanx
We ask you leave your blades at home or keep them in their sheaths
[Starting at 11p.m. GMT]

[Be warned if you come. No one will risk character injury/death or any such thing but this will be more than simple talking to the crowd.  ;) ]
Vertum, Will of Dakkru

Duraza

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 09:03:16 pm »
Saggi's Sermon

[Warning, gets a tad bit graphic by the end]

A devotee of Laanx shouted throughout the plaza. "Citizens of Hydlaa. Come to the Laans temple and hear Priest Lezeheso's sermon. Be you Laanx follower or member of any other church his words will be important to hear," yelled the ylian Penoli. Slowly men, women, and kra listened to his words or read one of the many posters, gathering within the temple.

A masked ynnwn walked through the caves of the stone head. He already knew who he was looking for and where he'd find them. In his hands was a small scroll, words in calligraphy written on it, ripped from a wall. He quickly spotted another ynnwn, young with red hair, and an old diabolo wrapped in black robes, surrounded by skeletons and tables. He narrowed his eyes, stepping up to them in rushed steps.

Slowly he climbed up the Laanx well, or what was left of him. Wrapped in black, the only thing that was revealed was his face, a skull with flesh still scattered on a few spots. He was once a demorian, now a twisted creature, transformed by necromancy to do his masters bidding and today his master bid that he climb up the well. The echos from the speaking had stopped. The targets would be here soon. He would only have to grab his blade and cut them to ribbons. This was all he understood, all he knew.

Saggi smiles lightly, addressing the crowd that Penoli gathered with a warm welcome, "Hello ladies, gentlemen, and kra. Thank you for gathering today in the Laanx temple. Thanks to Sharven's generousity I'm able to use it today for this occasion. Today I have a very important speech to make, one on all religions and on the meaning and problem of chaotic worship."

Saiix and Nalirar turned, looking at the masked man as he held the paper to their eyes, pointing to the words on it. "Saggi Lezeheso. He knows of your plans. He wants to tell the people, to have them persuade the Octarch to kill us all. You must do away with him quickly. Have you done it yet? Have you found the skill needed to create more elite soldiers?"

He smelled them now, their flesh the only other smell in the room, mixing faintly with the unmistakable smell of rot and death emanating from his own body. He took off his robe, revealing a figure so tortured, so twisted that 'he' would not be appropriate. No, 'it' was what the thing was, the rotten remains of a demorian, decayed through completely, drawing its blade as it prepared to lunge over the edge of the well and slay all in its path.

Saggi took a pause, making sure that the crowd was still with him, "My message today has to deal with those Dakkru followers.... A warning of sorts. It is my fear that Hydlaa may be in grave danger because of chaotic worship. You see, not too long ago I and a group of, unfortunately deceased, priests found ourselves stumbling upon a shrine...One filled with death.  We found many bodies, altered, changed and such. Maps detailing routes to Hydlaa and the city itself. Most unfortunately we found traces of necromantic experiments and Dakkru symbols and statues all around."

Saiix nodded, pointing to the side where two tables stood, side by side, on one the decayed corpse of a demorian and on the other the remains of what seemed to be a long dead ylian, "While the ylian isn't complete the demorian is. They are in many ways twins, born of the same technique and one complete they will share the same powers and mind. They have a slight ability to think and are much more capable than the original toys we sent to Hydlaa's sewers for tests." The masked man nodded, "Send the demorian to Hydlaa, sneak him in. Make sure that he kills Priest Lezeheso and his assistant. Who knows how much either of them could know."

Saggi turned around, eyes widening as the creature jumped from out of the well. Its blade swung, going to slice Saggi open, Penoli jumping infront of him, a massive cut running vertically through his chest as both men were knocked into the wall. Saggi looked with horror into Penoli's dying eyes, seeing the tears run down his face. Then, there was nothing left but a bloody neck, his dead decapitated and thrown into the well. Saggi ran as fast as he could, screaming as another slash went toward him, hitting Penoli's remains instead. The creature was quick though, in another moment, its blade cutting Saggi deeply in his side. Time was up though. Sharven and the other priests would know something was wrong by now. The creature disappeared into the well again, leaving only a few of Laanx's faithfuls to view its exit, leaving Saggi wounded on the floor.

Many hours later a man in what seemed to be new red robes walked past the black torches, into the shrine that they held behind. A few bandages covered his chest and he walked much slower than usual from weakness. Waiting for him was a masked man, standing by book shelves.

"So I take it that all things are going to plan," questioned the ynnwn in red robes. The masked man nodded then the ynnwn spoke again, "Good. That means your duties are up until it is time to leave."
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 09:04:55 pm by Duraza »
Vertum, Will of Dakkru

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2009, 12:32:26 am »
So those are like zombies or what?  ??? (i ask too many questions!)

Duraza

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2009, 01:15:30 pm »
So those are like zombies or what?  ??? (i ask too many questions!)

[I'll gladly do a bit of answering. If you want to use the word 'zombie' I guess it is pretty appropriate. They are risen corpses of the permanently dead bodies you can find in the Stone Head Burial Well. I believe grendols are products of necromancy, however because I'm not sure how powerful of a necromancer you'd have to be to create a grendol or if that fact is 100% correct I avoid using them. Instead I'm simply rising the remains of bodies. To help keep this from becoming an example of magic too powerful for players to use I'm making these zombies have extremely fragile bodies so that 2 attacks would reduce them to helplessness. The 'two' spoken about in that last post are more advanced versions, now more evenly skilled with players but retaining the same fragility so that any player could beat them.

You might ask why rise a whole bunch of zombies if they are not capable of killing anyone. It sounds silly unless I'm eventually going to be able to make 'elite' versions. I won't ever reach a more elite, non-fragile version and the reason why is their uses are beyond just randomly killing whoever walks into the sewers. If you've got any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.]
Vertum, Will of Dakkru