Author Topic: Question  (Read 2135 times)

Anks

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Question
« on: March 31, 2009, 11:57:37 am »
First of all, hello everyone, as you can tell i'm new...

Sooo... I think it's time I move on to my question, I recently stumbled across this game, and it happens to have a feature i'm deeply interested in. I happen to come from a RPing community in NWN , NWN2.

My question is, do people really RP in Planeshift?

Anumesa

Re: Question
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 11:59:43 am »
Absolutely!!!

The world is very big so you may have to trek a bit to find pockets of people, but yes there ARE RPers :)
I suggest starting at the tavern...though cliché, somehow if i can't find anyone to RP with, there is always someone (or multiple someones) there.

Anks

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 12:58:23 pm »
So what, is the community somewhat slip between those who RP and those who don't or does everyone RP to some degree?

Bamko

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 01:04:48 pm »
um, I would suggest that you check it out ingame, but to briefly give you some details.

They made a non-RP required server (ezpcusa) so people who want to play but do not want to RP can play on.  Last night the RP server had many many people ( I did not do a count) and expcusa had 2, including me. 

RP is enforced and required, at least in the main tab, with the exception, IMO, of helping a newb (who may not know of the /tell feature yet). on fragnetics (Rp server).

Does everyone RP the same way, and agree on the "right way", um, not really.  Does everyone RP?  pretty much so, yeah.  Might there be some greifers hiding here and there, sure, maybe.

Fair enough?

Oh and welcome to Yliakum! 

Lyala

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 01:07:00 pm »
First of all, hello everyone, as you can tell i'm new...

Sooo... I think it's time I move on to my question, I recently stumbled across this game, and it happens to have a feature i'm deeply interested in. I happen to come from a RPing community in NWN , NWN2.

My question is, do people really RP in Planeshift?

Is the RP good in NWN? I am thinking about playing it though I will not buy it until I know for sure.

Anks

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 01:15:25 pm »
Well for the mostpart NWN1 is dead, but the RP in most NWN2 server's is good.

enderandrew

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Caamasi Disciples
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2009, 01:21:13 pm »
There are players who don't RP much, and currently I'm somewhat one of them, because I spend most of my time in game doing quests, killing critters, mining, etc.  I do however spend some time interacting with other players around me and trying to roleplay.

For those who don't interact with others, are they taking anything away?  I don't think so personally.  If think if you're discussing OOC publicly, then you are taking people out of game, and frankly I don't see much of that.  I think Planeshift has a very good community of players who enjoy RP.
http://caamasi-disciples.com - A SW:TOR Republic guild focused on casual players who want to play "the Good Guy."

bendad123

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 09:04:16 pm »
Some people (like me) like to think up tendencys for their RP. For example, my charactor enjoys RPing to NPCS and often comments on how stupid and dumb they are.  :) So Yes. This is a place to do RP.

Rigwyn

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 10:36:09 pm »
There are players who don't RP much, and currently I'm somewhat one of them, because I spend most of my time in game doing quests, killing critters, mining, etc.  I do however spend some time interacting with other players around me and trying to roleplay.

For those who don't interact with others, are they taking anything away?  I don't think so personally.  If think if you're discussing OOC publicly, then you are taking people out of game, and frankly I don't see much of that.  I think Planeshift has a very good community of players who enjoy RP.

RP adds a whole new dimension to the game. If you havent already I would suggest figuring out some basic things about your charcter and then seeking other players with similar charcters .. If your character is evil, look for characters who are evil etc...  ( You dont have to be a good guy ya know )

Zalya

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2009, 08:51:08 pm »

RP adds a whole new dimension to the game. If you havent already I would suggest figuring out some basic things about your charcter and then seeking other players with similar charcters .. If your character is evil, look for characters who are evil etc...  ( You dont have to be a good guy ya know )

You don't have to be evil either, in fact some of the best Rps are with normal people. That's what makes PS so good in my opinion, there are to many mmo's that have 3 million special people running around. Sometimes its just good to play something that's well... fun.
(23:25:58) Elady says: Zalya are you trying to eat a ruby?
Zalya's RP likes and Dislikes

Rigwyn

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2009, 09:22:34 pm »
Some good places to fine roleplayers are:

The red crystal den
The stonehead tavern
The explorer's camp
Kada el's ( mixed bag of nuts )

If you don't know where these places are then ask around.

Also look for people who have interesting characyter descriptions. ( Right click and then click the eye )

Most (not all) roleplayers will delete the default description and put their own description in its place.

ravenrise

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 10:10:02 pm »
I know a lot of people who only rp, it is their only reason to be in game. If you are looking for some more diversified rp, picking a random spot in yliakum, inventing a story and trying it on the next passer by will work occasionally (it will probably take a few tries so don't get discouraged) but when it does, I find them to be the most fun rps  :)

Also, as Rigwyn said, one of the best ways to tell if a person is a roleplayer is to check their description, and if you have not already, change your own. A good roleplayer will look there fairly quickly in a rp, and they use them to find other roleplayers so it is very important.

If you are offended by someone having a disease, please go tell them to stop.