Author Topic: SLOW download :(  (Read 568 times)

atomicnerd

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
SLOW download :(
« on: December 31, 2009, 04:33:06 pm »
i tried downloading planeshift yesterday, and as of today, its only at 20%, i looked at some other posts and found that apperantly the german mirror server is better than the US one, so i tried that, and  it says it will take about 24 hours. im kinda mad about this. does anyone know what the problem might be? thanks to whoever answers (:

EDIT : now its fluxuating between 5 hours and 12 hours, it depends on what other thing i have up, but its also a little random too. if it helps im on a wireless modem.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 04:37:33 pm by atomicnerd »

bendad123

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: SLOW download :(
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 09:28:31 am »
My download was kinda slow too. If 20 minutes is slow. Although, i'm used to long downloads. Another download took 3 days! Try all of the different mirrors.

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
Re: SLOW download :(
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 12:57:17 am »
quik tips, the more windows you have open the slower it is, having wireless internet might make it slow as well
if you have a virus protection system such as mcaffee, and it has a thing to clean up your computer, get rid of bad files internet records ect, be sure to do that it speeeds things up a bit
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?