Author Topic: Running but not far enough?  (Read 1647 times)

Kea

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Running but not far enough?
« on: March 21, 2010, 07:53:39 am »
To attack just right click on the monster and click the sword icon. Look at the top right of the screen and you will see your and its life going down. Be sure not to die! If you are in trouble run away and return later.

The Quick Start Guide says to run away when in trouble. I just started, I saw a green spider near the starting area in game (not the tutorial) and I went to attack it. It was a spider, its green, its near to my starting point inside the town, how tough could it be right? And I was dual wielding. Well none of my hits landed and I was being hit bad. So I ran and ran, through a couple archways, a good distance from where I first found the spider. Problem was the spider magically (it seems) teleported right behind me. I could not shake it. And no one else was in sight to help me kill it.

What can I do?

BoevenF

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Amdeneir citizen, mostly travelling
    • View Profile
    • The Doømed Ones SVG
Re: Running but not far enough?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 08:40:04 am »
lesson number 1: Arangmas are really fast!  :P

I can tell you what I've done, almost 5 months ago.

for quite a week I run everywhere, listening to other players talkings about strange animals, curses, magical ways, practicing the GUI and discovering the magic of shortcuts, always observing all the monsters before approaching, talking with NPC (typing "tell me about you/Hydlaa/Crystal/anything") until I found a library. then I read all the books, so I finally had some clue about what I may encounter in my voyages. I was helped in many ways by other characters. they gave me better weapons, some good advice, even trias!. don't be afraid to ask for help, you'll find someone eager to help you.
 try to Role Playing in your speakings, use the brackets while out of character, sheath your weapons while in Hydlaa, and you'll be fine.
 but, always, be patient. this is not a game like others. and remember this is a... "forever beta" game, so expect the unexpected, and try to help the devs.
welcome in Planeshift!

Bguy

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 10:41:52 am »
I recomend right clicking and examining a monster before you attack it. As a rule of thumb, I don' attack it unless it says it is weaker than me, so that even if I con't beat it, it won't kill me in one hit.

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 01:07:51 pm »
I just want to thank BoevenF for one the most respectful, informational, encouraging and downright nicest replies to a post I've ever seen here. Good work BoevenF!

And yes, do ask other characters for help or information, many many will help you as much as they can.

Have fun!

Roled Rolak
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala