Author Topic: Newbie Here  (Read 1711 times)

Kismetwind

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Newbie Here
« on: February 19, 2010, 02:36:46 pm »
Hello everyone.  I'm new but very excited about PlaneShift.  My game character is Akarhi if you see me in game. 
I've decided to begin making a detailed map of the world because I'm prone to getting lost, so if you see me, I'll be happy to share what I have.
My concern is that when I travel I get attacked by Rogues.  My character sucks at fighting so far.  Any advice?

Thanks everyone,
Kismetwind

Rigwyn

Re: Newbie Here
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 02:45:50 pm »
Remember to start your day with a good healthy breakfast  ;D

Good to meet a new player who not only is willing to take the initiative to make his own map, but is willing to share it too !  \\o//

Ask some other players in game how to get better at fighting .. Perhaps seek someone who is wearing heavy armor, or who is blasting spells at creatures. I'm sure you'll have no problem hooking up with talented players ! Many players are eager to help newcomers out.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 04:21:56 pm by Rigwyn »

Tontow

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 12:32:08 am »
See my sig?  Click it, you know you want to.  :thumbup:
Tontow's MapMaker Tool 2.0 : http://hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=33954.0 - Make your own maps by walking around and useing the /pos Command!
Site: http://sites.google.com/site/tontowmerlin/

EStripus

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 12:47:04 am »
lol, tsk tsk, Rig.....tanks are not always the best fighters.

However, Rigwyn is right....ask any player that is fighting something. Almost all players are glad to help new people. We love it when questions are asked in character instead of using [ ], but people will help if you are polite.  Oh, and another tip....if someone is standing still for a while, and they don't answer your question, then they are probably 'afk'. It is very rare for someone to be ignored when asking questions and requesting help.

Talk to any member of House Cheshire, House of Purrty, Kore Irka Clan, Daughters of Xiosia....they love to RP, but are also very helpful out of character also.

Welcome to Planeshift  \\o// I hope you have fun.
Don't godmod me and we'll get along fine.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 02:18:03 am »
"AFK" means: "Away from the keyboard".

And I believe Akarhi was away from PlaneShift already again... at least the Knowledge Seekers missed her during the last weekends, wanted to start her study course.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

bendad123

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 04:11:03 pm »
As other people said, ask for help. I help people with RP, other people help with magic or mining, some help with fighting and yet others help with it all. Also, good tips can be found if you join a guild. Most guilds will help you on your way and they might even give spoilers.

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 06:34:07 am »
Oh the rogues are attacking you and you die? I suggest running away from them!

-sig by sarras