Author Topic: [ORGANIZATION] Musers: Bard Organization  (Read 2753 times)

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
[ORGANIZATION] Musers: Bard Organization
« on: December 25, 2006, 04:00:53 pm »
Introduction:

It's a busy day near Harnquist, like always. Gartheiz takes advantage of such casual gathering and coughing loudly he bows in his flamboyant way, giving away his characteristic careless nature. He eyes everyone around and commences a speech, strangely without any attempt to rhyme:

Citizens of Hydlaa. It is my duty to inform thee of a new restrictive law on boredom; inhabitants and visitors will be prohibited to spend their times with idle chatter and useless goose chases. *He winks at Harnquist and darts a quick 'mind the intrusion' his way* The penalization for going against this now established rule will be... eternal regret.

The attractive diaboli bares his perfect white teeth in a proudful grin, as he nails a poster to a tree nearby...

The Musers

Have your effortful, humble, but splendid words crossed the head of a commoner without arousing any interest, feeling or exclamation? Do you feel like your talents could be used in a much more effective way? Don't you agree that commoners, nobles, adventurers and villains are currently and equally numb as far as intellectual, spiritual and physical pleasures are concerned?

I think so too. Not much we can do about it though, besides keep doing our best.

Still, if you're a young, old or middle-aged individual or group and have an undying urge to make tria through musical tones and complex wording, think twice about what I am going to propose you:
  • Think about buying paper, pens, pencils or instruments;
  • Go pursue some training, unsponsored by myself;
  • Search for love and fun;
  • Present yourself properly;
  • Be a part of my organization, which is divided in the following, well thought, self-explanatory ranks:
    • Managers taking care of scheduling gigs and promoting the authors, actresses and actors;
    • Musicians to play a great variety of instruments for a rich crowd, a demanding lord or the passing by adventurer, carrying an extra hexa;
    • Raconteurs, like myself, to tell you of what has happened, of what will take place, about what could have been, of what didn't come to be and lots about what you wish to have happened;
    • Singers and Songstresses with voices as clear as crystal, and hopefully much more expensive than it;
    • Dancers, fluid beings of extreme grace, tempting males and females alike into demonstrating their amazement through the universal language of Yliakum wide currency;
    • Actors to engage into fantastic plays, with an intensity so broad that tears alone would not be able to express your feelings... you'd have to back them up with some sponsoring.
  • Be sure to participate on the organization of this venture and its respective ranks based on these simple concepts:
    • Lack of hierarchic chain;
    • Payment terms agreed beforehand by all parties involved;
    • Work, and respective schedules, plans agreed beforehand by all parties involved;
    • Members can belong to any guild.
  • A prosperous life to you.
Contact me, Zelzphaer, to know how to fund, aid or join this organization. Usually found at Kada's Tavern, or here at the Plaza, I'm easily distinguished by my white leather clothes, fluid movements, attractive build and musical voice.

Members:
-Gartheiz, Raconteur;
-Rhicora Sullo, Musician.

OOC Information
This is a project I'm considering to shape. I will not be leading it, or creating any extra resources for it, as I currently own two other projects of greater priority.
This is meant to be an ingame focused organization, with little happening on the outside (OOC). Planning shows, hiring, etc should be done ingame or through PMing members of the guild in this forum.

If you feel like giving it a try, apply to one of the ranks here. If you wish to take this initiative further, then by all means take what you see here and do what you can. On my part, I'll be tending to this without hurries, recruiting and planning on a random basis.

Concluding, this organization is meant to organize people who are currently trying to play bards, or something in the entertainment business, so that we can combine our efforts. Hopefully it'll lead to create a bigger emphasis on art and entertainment within the setting.

PS: Gartheiz rarely speaks his real name. Not because he's afraid to, more because he likes to make up stuff. That's why he is referred as Zelzphaer in the poster he nailed at the three.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 06:55:34 pm by Sangwa »
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Siteri Kidachi

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: [ORGANIZATION] Musers: Bard Organization
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 07:18:34 pm »
Well, I have one character who has been looking for this for a while... I'm definitely in!

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 08:12:45 pm »
*grins*
Good. Then you'll have to give me your character's name, so I can add it to the member list I'm going to attach to the first post.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Siteri Kidachi

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2006, 09:42:21 pm »
Rhicora Sullo.

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2006, 10:11:26 pm »
Forgot to ask which rank you wanted to belong to :D. Welcome to the organization. It's good to have your company around, feel free to tell of any changed/additions you'd like to see brought about.

Plus, I'd like to add that everyone wanting to help along with the content of this organization is free to. I will probably come up with a forum myself, if no one else offers to do it meanwhile. And don't think for a minute that I'll twist my nose if you just show up out of the blue wanting to be a manager. I'd be thankful actually, it's just another rank that needs to be filled.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2006, 10:15:17 pm by Sangwa »

Join the Dark Empire!

Siteri Kidachi

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2006, 10:58:31 pm »
Rhicora would be a musician, although she can do a bit of singing and dancing as well.

Dreamcrafter

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2008, 04:44:43 am »
Does this idea still exist?

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008, 09:13:03 am »
Ideas never cease to exist. I know Sangwa still has the character, but how often he logs in as him is something I am not aware of.
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 08:33:39 am »
This organization is still around; Gartheiz currently still personifies several of my PS projects, including this one.

If you want to help me out with this, I'm completely available. Just PM me or find any of my characters in-game (Morwen, Gartheiz or Sangwa.) Who knows, you can become the Musers' leader.

Join the Dark Empire!

SerqFeht

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2008, 10:42:03 am »
Does this idea still exist?

I'm not sure if Sangwa is still running this; the Bard specific Guilds seem to have disappeared (apologies to anyone if this is not the case). You might want to consider either running one yourself or speaking to the Imperial Scholars, whose Arts Path offers the following: "The embodiment of imagination and self expression, directly linked to cultural development. Concerned topics: Painting, acting, singing, literature, etc."

There is a guild based on the same topic. Right here. I play at weird times and in odd locations, which is maybe why you haven't seen me, although recently I've been setting up booths in the plaza.

Although I do think the organization is a good idea. I've found recruiting for the guild challenging because nearly everyone is happily guilded. I could try this organization as well, maybe lead it, and keep certain differences between the two, with your permission Sangwa.
Have you told a Daylo 'I hate you' yet today? Do it. You'll get teleported to another area!

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2008, 06:49:27 pm »
If you want we can even meld both concepts; your guild and this organization. This way we could probably get a project that's more solid and active, rather than two less solid, less active ones.

What do you think? I'm thinking about an organization where members can either belong to the guild ("full-time artists) or simply participate on the ventures ("part-time artists" that belong to other guilds, or free-lance as something different than an artist.)

EDIT to add:
Maybe the Brazen Bards aren't very alike this. Still, I like the idea of having someone else making sure this walked forward. If you're interested, we should discuss this.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 06:59:49 pm by Sangwa »

Join the Dark Empire!

SerqFeht

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2008, 12:27:37 am »
That would work out. The actual guild is more meant to be for full-timers. I'll also do events and things in the guild. But the organization would be good for freelancers and people that just like to play music in the tavern and similar things like that. I'm willing to discuss this with you, and lead both projects with somewhat different goals if that would work out with you.
Have you told a Daylo 'I hate you' yet today? Do it. You'll get teleported to another area!

Zalera13

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2009, 11:10:30 pm »
Can i ask exactly how do you sing/dance in this game? is it RPing or something like that? im just not really sure about this. ??? Any answers?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 02:17:07 pm by Zalera13 »
You know you want to lol. You know you do. Give in to the lol. YOU can not fight the power of the lol!

Lhaa

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2009, 04:59:25 am »
Do frequent the Red Crystal Den or the active taverns and you'll find out soon. ;)

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2010, 05:05:04 am »
Are ye still active?

Roled Rolak
Carrier of the Song
Sons of Xiosia
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala