Author Topic: Wilderness  (Read 1489 times)

Zeonire

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Wilderness
« on: October 29, 2003, 09:09:30 pm »
Now in RS there is a special zone for pvp characters. it is called the wilderness. is it going to be like theres just a widlerness where pvp can occur, or duels wherever, just as long as both chars accept, or outside of the cities, or what?
The Matrix Has You...

PROUD LORD OF THE MAGES/HEALERS SECTION OF THE CIRCLE OF LEGENDS.

Mezasa

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • tefrik.net
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2003, 07:34:29 pm »
LOL! Don\'t refer to \"that game\"! I admit that I play it, but some people are a little mean and think that it is just pure evil. But, as it currently stands, I think that the-game-that-shall-not-be-named is better at THIS point in PS development. After they get more stuff in PS, it will kick \"that evil game\'s\" ***!
X2 3800+ (2.5GHz) | eVGA 7900GT (500/1500) | 2GB XMS (210MHz)
Audigy2 ZS | A8N SLI Premium | 250GB SATAII | TT Tsunami

ryan10230

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2003, 08:27:02 pm »
If they were going to have a place for duels and such I think an area would be better so you could have spectators.

Xelon

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2003, 03:35:24 pm »
im sure someone has said this before but meh... personally i think there should be areas where all out pking etc. is allowed and when you go in there you have like a higher chance of getting rare items but run the risk of getting killed.
the man with the invisible sig picture

Icefalcon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2003, 10:35:07 pm »
ya know what...the-game-that-shall-not-be-named is not that bad...its addictive and fun untill lv 50 or so, after lv 50 you realise thats its a really boring game with no depth...but untill you come to that higher acknowledgment, its a great game.

I know its not really on topic but whatever...

Tyriel

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2003, 08:02:02 am »
for my opinion..pk should be allowed everywhere but there has to be some laws like..
If u kill another char inside the city zone ull get the \"wanted dead or alive\" sign so other chars could bounty ur ass.. :)
that would make the game more...real
« Last Edit: December 12, 2003, 08:04:01 am by Tyriel »
\"I have the power to take everything from you.. Including your life\"

Guild for Warriors and Thieves..Guild for adventurers of Strenght and Dexterity-- Portal to our realm http://www.swordofsilence.tk

Kixie

• Veteran
  • I chase the moon, liquour, cars and women.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2003, 04:33:31 pm »
yeah tyriel thats what i have been trying to say. this whole arena fighting is bulls***! that makes the game so bland. its as dumb as pokemon... i mean whats keeping people from killing each other in real life? nothing and it makes life interesting. if real life consisting of fighting in arenas then the suicide rate would increase,  so my point is i guess taking away a balancer of gameplay creates more problems and even a bit of blandness.... :(

Tyriel

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2003, 04:44:18 pm »
Damn right...I mean there are so many other online games that have same rules of PKing...for once some game should have to different from others..
U get my point??
\"I have the power to take everything from you.. Including your life\"

Guild for Warriors and Thieves..Guild for adventurers of Strenght and Dexterity-- Portal to our realm http://www.swordofsilence.tk

Kuiper7986

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2003, 11:17:57 pm »
Pk\'ing sucks, Pk\'ing reeks, Pk\'ing romps, PK\'ing bites, however you want to put it, no Pk;ing should be allowed. Pk\'ing should be kept under an arena with strict procedures to register to fight someone and so on. Oh yeah did I mention Pk\'ing sucks?
My name is NOT pronounced, \"Kway-per,\" it\'s pronounced \"Kye-per.\"

Kixie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2003, 11:46:27 pm »
my god how can you say that. i can feel the game getting worse as we speak. taking away PKing is like taking away jelly filling from a jelly filled donut. I play mmorpgs for fighting, not arena based combat or as you suggest none at all! blasphemy i say! its crazy and i makes me wanna make my own game! a game where crazy coots like you are out lawed and we can all live happily toghether (decapitating each other with our level 99 char) I almost cant stand arenas and then they try to take away our combat all together. what next? who knows, but I know after about 3 more choices we will be playin crappy text based games which is the whole reason why we are sitting here waitin for crystal blue! ARGH!!!!11!&(*@!~``111 X(

dfryer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2003, 03:28:36 am »
You can feel the game getting worse as we speak?  You *do* realize that the devs have said \"No PK\" and perhaps amended that to \"killing of other players only under very special circumstances\"

You will not be able to run up and kill some random dude.  The whole point is that this MMORPG will *not* be based (entirely) on fighting, especially PVP fighting.  The only real context where PVP makes sense (in my mind, dunno what the devs think) is assassination of high-status characters, and maybe wars between factions.  Both of those are hard to \"do right\".  If you want to kill stuff, kill Zograck the Slimy Monster of Doom.  That or cute, fluffy bunnies.

In some ways it is \"realistic\" to allow full PvP in wilderness areas, but it can severely upset the balance of the game, which is designed to lean against the typical bias toward killing people.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Kixie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2003, 11:44:22 am »
WHATT!!!!! R00nscape allows very much pvp but i still think that pvp should be everywhere not just wilderness. its just a bad idea for wilderness. 2ndly in r00nscape and many other games there are characters who make great livings as other things and not just fighters! cmon give me a break on this upsetting the balance. it would upset the balance if we didnt have PVP!!!!111

Boldstorm

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2003, 01:49:56 pm »
PvP EVERYWHERE. No I am not going to be one of those mad maniacs that likes going on killing sprees, actually don\'t get too much into PvP but I do think having it everywhere makes it much more realistic. There should definetly be consequences for PvP in certain areas but I think it should still be allowed.

Kixie

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2003, 03:33:32 pm »
pvp is everywhere is a great idea everyone face it. even the people like us who love pvp everywhere agree there should be limits and we want them. so stop all these people screamin at me \"PVP everywhere sucks!\" or even \"PVP at al sucks!\" you suck! you all suck! haha!!!

P.S not to the people who want PVP tho...  :D

Xordan

• Crystal Space Developer
  • Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2003, 04:02:16 pm »
FULL PVP YAY!!!!
I am one of those mean people who go around having killing sprees. :D I\'m a n00b b4sh3r 133t 8)