Author Topic: Hail, long lost community!  (Read 958 times)

WiseKran

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Hail, long lost community!
« on: September 16, 2020, 09:52:54 pm »
Hello!

I began my PlaneShift journey in 2004 at the age of 14.
I continued to be involved until around 2008 when I made my last post here. Years went by, and this universe and place was all but forgotten to me.

I am now 30 years old, and by some stroke of luck I remembered this place, and my account/login details.
Scrolling through my post history was like a walk down memory lane, and reliving of my childhood. The community here was like nothing else I have experienced since.

I remember when there was really only just Hydlaa plaza, the tower beside it, and a tavern.
I am amazed to see that this project is still alive.

For all the time I've just now spent lurking through my past memories,
I felt I should say hello... I wonder if any souls I had connected with in years past are still around!

In any case, it will be great to hear from anyone at all really :)

-WiseKran, now awakened from his more-than-decade long slumber

Farewell Moogie, Farewell Draklar, Farewell Drey. you will be missed.

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Main: Waesed Waesech
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
Re: Hail, long lost community!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 10:25:37 pm »
Welcome back! There are many old-timers still hanging around and it seems that more are coming back all the time. I've been here since 2010 and still love the game. It has helped me in my recovery from various illnesses.

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 06:02:03 am »
Welcome back! We are working on a new version which will hopefully bring back not only the nostalgia, but also the pleasure to play :) Be sure to join our Discord, under main web site -> chat.

Damola

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2020, 08:29:55 am »
Howdy, WiseKran! I have not yet been around at 2004… but I am around since quite a time as well. Mostly at weekends currently.

Check out the wonderful GM events at Saturday evening as well as the market on Sunday. You can usually run into Damola as well as other longer term players and newbies. For some of the unforgetable moments for Damola see posts

- When a GM leaves early…

- She did it again aka Union Day

- The Sneaky Emerald aka The Tavern Unheard Of

- and last but certainly not least: The Glyph Hunter VI – an installment of the famous Glyph Hunter series with master adventurer Radavan

in Roleplay Events.

After the first two you may have a bet what kind of creature Damola is especially fond of :)

There are certainly other moments, we chased a fire madman at one time, a crazy necromancer at another, but we also introduced an all vegan meal to the cook in Hydlaa and what have you. There is really quite a variety in the kind of event ideas Uadjet and sometimes players come up with.

It those times where souls around the globe connect and it does not matter where you come from or who you are to just have a great storytelling time and to immerse into a world, where in the end it can be simpler than in the chaotic times in the so called real world we live in – but mind you if we so choose through all the chaos we can co-create a new more human time of freedom, abundance and fairness for everyone.

So hopefully that was some teasing and see you in game eventually!

I am very grateful that we have a GM like Uadjet who does a lot so we can have a lot of fun in the game, while at the same time our tireless developers continue to port the game to Unreal and in the Dev Q&A you can learn about all the new stuff they come up!

Thank you, Uadjet. Thank you Talad, for your tireless dedication to keep it up. And thank you, of course to all the other developers, GMs and of course also players!

You make this game something very special for me that I did not find anywhere else so far.
Love,
Damola

CadRipper

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • merry troublemaker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2020, 03:13:01 pm »
Wibble, WiseKran!  \\o//

Always a pleasure to hear a Molecular Blue fan who hasn't forgotten about this place!

novacadian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2020, 08:00:21 pm »
Arrived in 2010-ish myself, yet welcome back and well done on figuring out your login after your long time away!  8)

- Nova