Author Topic: Cut off their hands!!!  (Read 4450 times)

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
Cut off their hands!!!
« on: November 08, 2004, 01:59:56 am »
I neither aprove nor disaprove of PvP or PK if it is done fairly to RPs who want nothing to do with either.  However, if PS was to have such activities (doubtfull), there should be severe punishments.  Thieves chance losing a hand, and PK would result in a LOSS of exp. instead of a gain.
Also, it would be a good idea to limit the number of PKs and theives allowed in the game at one time.
As for verbal abuse, I like the idea of an comand.  Greaving should not be allowed ever.  Excommunication is the best way to deal with these people.

snow_RAveN

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2004, 07:58:25 am »
if iam not wrong, punishment IRL for thieving in a state of malaysia is haveing one of your hands choped off ...

\"severe punishments\" would be a to great a discouragement for thieves. Thieves are a class that are generaly weak aginsts monsters and don\'t last long in fights giveing them more disavantages would \"KILL\" the charater classe\'s saveing grace, which is \" the ablity to get rich quick\" not the right way but its RPing for you. Thieves/rouges also have a Steeper LVLing curve then many other classes, as they have a generaly low HP and staticaly average attack as compared to warriors and mages.

a better idea is to have players able to \"locate\" the theives to chase them down.
Think
-you sense your items being stolen-
and 15 seconds later (to allow the guy to get a head start) a mini map pops up and that bleeping red dot is him. Go ! Track him down you got 15 mins to get him !!! If you manage to \"touch\" or his dead body(ask a friend), the item is returned and he cant thieve for another 20 mins or more + He gets his name on your \"hate list\".

I DARE YOU TO BOT :D

Feels fun don\'t it ? Ill be dammed glad to enjoy the \"HUNT\" even if iam the \"Hunted\". (it would be Avp 2 all over again)

Noted some immature players would player grief but thats nothing a gm can\'t fix.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2004, 08:01:21 am by snow_RAveN »
Originally posted by DepthBlade
I am not as good as you with posting totally random pointless things that neither are relative or make any sense.

Cyberchu

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2004, 06:24:08 pm »
What stops them from passing/logging off/hiding in a guildhall untill the time limit runs out.
Under construction

It is through suggestions and critisisms that we improve our ideas

Remember to

Jagean

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2004, 03:35:44 pm »
The clock stops if he is in an unreachable place or logged off.

Error!   If you can read this your computer has been infected with the \'Stupidity Virus\' . Enjoy!

leuxast

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2004, 07:21:47 pm »
I believe a possibility is to have a chance of being caught thieving (allowing the person who you stole from to chase you) and then a chance of being seen by guards (or equivelent) and they catch you and give a punishment according to the size of the theft ie. jailed for 5 minutes for 20 rubies or a hand for 500 diamonds
ps. please reply on how good you think this strategy is.
\"Light a man a fire and you keep him warm for a night,
Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life!\"
Tybalt the Red Monk

Nonk

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2004, 03:45:38 am »
Not a bad strategy to be sure, but it would be rather hard to balance the amount of guards. Also, I think two 500 diamond thefts would be rather... difficult to cope with.;)

@ Jagean
That would simply cause grief and general mayhem as the victim would have to stay in the same place he was to be able to catch the thief. If the thief logs off it would be worse, as the victim would have to happen to be on at the same time as the thief. If the victim is not on, the thief will simply run off to some distant area, and that would not do.
Idea Crushed.:P

One more thing, and that is player speed. Thief and victim are both racing at the exact same speed. One has a head start. Which will win?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2004, 03:47:15 am by Nonk »

Dauntless

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2004, 08:40:30 am »
C?mon... who will still be a thief if you cut his hands :( That\'s like banning him ... and for what? For doing his job :P . Thieves are human too :) I say we give them a chance.

Hmmm?? Where is my watch? You THIEF, I\'LL KILL YOU BASTARD!!!! STOP RUNING YOU COWERD! SOME1 STOP HIM, CUT HIS HANDS :P

sashok

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2004, 06:31:33 pm »
@snow_raven  
What, PS should have a GPS locator on theif players?  PS is a RP environment, I feel strongly against all kinds of minimaps with point locations.

If theiving is allowed, it should be so that it\'s always possible to see that somebody is snooping you and stealing from you.  So if you are 100% in theft skill(for example) there should be 30% that you can steal undetected and percentage is taken away as the item being stolen gets bigger.  So I think whole process of stealing should last about 10 seconds, and it can be easily interrupted by walking away.  Sure, inconvenient, specially to afk players, but there should be afk status that does not allow stealing at afk time.... Still might be bad concept, but better than a gps locators on players.

acidburn1991

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2005, 09:54:50 am »
Instead of chopping their hands of.. you could let shopkeepers ignore the thief.

glenio

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2005, 11:57:28 am »
If there are thieves in planeshift they need to do their job (steal people)
my idea is:
     After steal some1 the thief name become black (he is wanted for a time if someone (or a guard) kill him while he is black named this guy go to jail and the item goes back to the real owner (or maybe put in the lost and found :-) ) this make pking or pickpocketing more exciting.

im a thief in planeshift so i want
   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!pk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I want pk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!dont cut their (our) hands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2005, 06:37:36 pm by glenio »

TheCreation

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2005, 01:48:04 pm »
on the side of pvp i think that when a pk player kills someone they should have a specified amount of time where if they die they lose stats.  This would raise the risk factor for pking, but the reward factor would have to be that the player they kill lose some items.   The risk/reward ratio would have to be set for pking, otherwise to be a pk would be quite dumb...  i know that if i had a 100% chance to kill someone and later die and loose stats without the possibility to gain something from it i would not even try.... so if pking is put in the game a Risk/Reward ratio would have to be included.

Kaseijin

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2005, 02:04:20 pm »
Originally posted by snow_RAveN
if iam not wrong, punishment IRL for thieving in a state of m

you are wrong... i spent 5 years there and have heard of no such case... they have high penalties for drug trafficing thiugh
i actually play planeshift

glenio

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2005, 05:47:57 pm »
Originally posted by TheCreation
so if pking is put in the game a Risk/Reward ratio would have to be included.

sure!

Gilibran

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2005, 12:13:11 pm »
When thieves get cought the old punishment wich works the best cut of a hand with loss of skill lvl or pp. It\'s a risky bussiness and they better be aware of it.

Though I do think they\'re should be a way (very expensive magickal way perhaps) to get the hand back or something.

But I would go for Public display complete with rotten fruit, egg\'s and vegetables  all we need is a throwing skill  :D

cossack

(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2005, 11:29:04 am »
i think that there should be a potion/spell/somthing you can use on you self so that if you are theifed the theifs name lable goes red so if someone kills the thief the killer gets money and the owner of the item gets it back. The theif is running a risk becuase he doesn\'t know if this potion/spell/somthing  has been used and people would want to kill the thief to get money.