Author Topic: PvP in the Plaza  (Read 840 times)

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
PvP in the Plaza
« on: October 07, 2005, 02:53:06 pm »
Ok, I\'ve seen Zayek, Cereja, and I think another GM say there isn\'t PvP allowed in the plaza, and others simply let it go...Like its un-noticed, I believe that this isn\'t really a rule, just something that a few GM\'s get annoyed by because they like to talk about whos name to change to what...Also, if someone continues to do it, they freeze them, kick them, etc. for not really breaking a rule, but simply doing something they hate...

/me wants bot GM\'s

yayoo

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2005, 06:31:59 am »
Thats what they did to me when I got in a duel I dident start and won the other guy was dead so they froze me :(

Teh Nubsta

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2005, 09:40:06 am »
ooooo are you two interested in joining my l33t nubsta guild I am sure you will make great! additions... your nubishness is so what we are seeking

yayoo

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2005, 12:54:09 pm »
Shut up with your crappy Nubsta thing X(

derwoodly

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2005, 07:03:09 pm »
Yayoo, the previous poster is a troll and is just doing it to get a reaction out of you.  Just ignore him.  Since he has not posted in 24 hours more than likely he is gone anyways.

As to the topic of the post.  PvP is only physically allowed in the plaza by the duel option.  GM\'s have forbit it as a matter of role play.  Having random duels in the middle of town is considered poor role play.  Your duels should make some kind of sense.  

You also might take note that with a name that sounds alot like Yahoo, you are going to be more of a target than some others.

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2005, 09:45:34 pm »
Well, sometimes when no one is RPing in the plaza, it shouldn\'t really matter...When they are roleplaying, I make the battle a roleplaying situation, or a simple fun challenge and excitement from my opponent, defeat or victory, just a practice of skills

derwoodly

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2005, 08:37:46 am »
Suno
You missed the whole point I was making.  Dueling in the Plaza is bad because YOU are not role playing when you do it.  Some of the GM\'s enforce the unwriten rule and others do not.

Just for the sake or arguement lets say you and a friend want to fight in the plaza.  Well being friends you most likely would not fight to the death.  As the two of you are sparing you would be making a specticle of your selves.  If the NPC machanics worked better you should be attacked by guards, but since they don\'t it is up to the GM to step in.

Let me say that, I don\'t personally think that haveing GM\'s police the plaza is the best way this kind of thing should be handled.

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2005, 12:35:23 pm »
Maybe for a server message, it should say \"XXX has been defeated by XXX\" instead of killed...If its a fight to the death, it shouldn\'t be condoned in the plaza, but only sparing matches like you said. That should solve the little dueling problem in my eyes

derwoodly

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2005, 07:04:44 am »
If you are killed it should say killed.  What I meant was if you wish to brawl in the plaza you and your friend should fight hand to hand or using low damage weapons.  In this way you could stop the fight before one of you dies.  And roleplay that the two of you are sparing to test your skill, or solving a dispute the old fashion way.

You seem to be missing my point about the roleplay part.  Killing your freind because your bored makes you a psyco killer.  Having your friend come back from the dead just to duel you again is just OOC.  

I personally can understand dueling your friend in order to test the game mechanics.  However, doing it in the middle of the Plaza severly hinders the roleplay part of the game.  If players keep doing it then the Dev will just remove that option, so no one will ever be able to duel in the plaza.

In a perfect game world you would have no restrictions on when and how you can attack, and the players would police themselves.   However, this never works because of players like yourself that kill without any reguard to how your attack could be roleplayed.

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2005, 05:34:10 pm »
Sigh, I still say it should say defeated, not killed...I never liked that part