Author Topic: Group Fights  (Read 2123 times)

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
Group Fights
« on: February 13, 2006, 02:22:02 pm »
I think there should be an option for group leaders to challenge other group leaders.

\"Why!?\"[/u]
Because it would be handy in situations where you should have groups challenging each other rather then distinct people with similar targets. For example: tag team tournments; roleplay situations where a group is challenging another or a single man; battle exercises.

I\'m sure this would improve the current system we have for groups.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

zorbels

• Forum Addict
  • Screenshot Queen of PS - EX GM - Strawberries <3
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 02:30:55 pm »
I agree ... this would save alot of time and confusion as well. If you are group battling .... having to go around to the opposite side and challenge every person individually can be annoying. Plus if in a roleplay situation it kind of kills the mood, and it doesn\'t seem very realistic. To have a group leader be able to challenge the other group leader would be far more realistic. Not to mention alot faster.
   I've been outside, it's overrated and the graphics suck!

BrotherCaine

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 05:40:09 pm »
Hmmm....

This either needs a \"do you accept group challenge y/n?\" popup for each group member, or when you form the group choosing PvP group vs non-PvP group.
\"Your rebellion is their marketing scheme.\"

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 05:56:09 pm »
The first might be a good idea. Also, something to alert each side of the number of players the other group has, upon the petition for a challenge.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 05:57:14 pm by Sangwa »
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 06:07:00 pm »
You mean something similar to a guild war?

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 09:00:09 pm »
hmm sounds like fun, but don\'t feel you have to request it from everyone in the group. Just announce it and if need be give them a set time to leave the group if they don\'t want to go there.

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2006, 03:42:42 pm »
Not a guild war, since it isn\'t between guilds but between groups.

I agree that Pestillence\'s idea might be the best suited.

Join the Dark Empire!

Nividia Stormlance

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Umm... Sure you want to hear about me?
    • View Profile
    • Disciples of Darkness
Re:
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2006, 07:44:23 am »
Hmmm....

This either needs a \"do you accept group challenge y/n?\" popup for each group member, or when you form the group choosing PvP group vs non-PvP group.

No only for the leader, if you dont want to take part in the duel.. simply, just leave the group :}

and if the fight already begun leaving means yielding
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 07:45:57 am by Nividia Stormlance »
Leader in the disciples of darkness

minetus

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Group Fights
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2006, 04:26:23 pm »
altho a good idea, there are people that exploit this kinda of stuff in other games..
were the group leader is a *cought* jerk *cought* and simply starts spaming duel requests..

just anoying..

the pvp / no-pvp might be a better idea..

or a special arena for team fights

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2006, 04:43:24 pm »
I thought duel spam, or any invite spam, for that matter, already brings penalties. This wouldn't be any different.
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

Rolf Blacksmith

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2006, 01:00:40 pm »
So, if your group leader misbehaves, just leave the group ...
Typing and grammatic errors may be safely ignored, they come without charge ...

Faolach

• Traveller
  • Overly caffenated Kran, coming through
    • View Profile
    • Draconian Light
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2006, 08:48:52 am »
I like the pvp vs. non-pvp group idea. Then all the members don't need to vote, they just get alerted, and the leader can make the decision. That makes everything simpler because everyone who joins a pvp group obviously wants to go PKing. Also, creating an option to name your group would really be needed here. In fact, maybe something like the guild window for groups is in order, except it would only have the pvp vs. non-pvp option, the group name and motd(?), a list of current members, and something you can use to declare war on another group. That would probably help the group pvp idea a lot.

Narure

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2007, 07:32:06 am »
Might aswell make a guild in that case. I liked the origanal idea, it wouldnt need a name because its an unofficial group of people, and people onlooking a rp involving a group fight could pick a side and just ask to join the group there and then, alot more spontanious than a guild. I prefer, the leader pettions the fight and a message appears in the group window that thi has happened, people can leave when they see this if they dont want to fight.

Bartholin

• Hydlaa Resident
  • May the azure sun always shine on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2007, 12:32:45 am »
Might aswell make a guild in that case. I liked the origanal idea, it wouldnt need a name because its an unofficial group of people, and people onlooking a rp involving a group fight could pick a side and just ask to join the group there and then, alot more spontanious than a guild. I prefer, the leader pettions the fight and a message appears in the group window that thi has happened, people can leave when they see this if they dont want to fight.

good ideas.. me likes it :) though it can lead to misuse.. 5 people against 1 or 2 persons.. wait.. that happens in real life.. so.. nvm :)
* Bartholin Has fun making a Dust Army!
http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j101/ninjaps2/Planeshift/ {PS ss}
May the azure sun always shine on you and your path be pathed with gold. I will miss you all. Good bye.

Gondric

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2007, 01:35:46 am »
I like it but you shouldnt die when u die in a group battle. say u go to 10% health... u are out or sumthin. (simalar to WoW duels)
if you are a group going around challenging people for whateva reason it would be annoying to have to w8 for ppl to get outta the DR