Author Topic: How Unrealistic  (Read 5357 times)

Garon

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: How Unrealistic
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2007, 03:08:18 pm »
My one concern for that which would be comparative to open pvp against the npcs is that too often I click on them intending to talk to them and get the "so and so is invulnerable to attack".  It'd be unrealistic for me to kill them, that's for sure, but a simple misclick could have me do just that, which would put me in a world of hurt from the guards or other players or what have you.

Edit:  Perhaps an option that will allow the invulnerable things to stay, so that we don't accidentally kill someone we didn't mean to.

derwoodly

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: How Unrealistic
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2007, 07:26:55 am »
My one concern for that which would be comparative to open pvp against the npcs is that too often I click on them intending to talk to them and get the "so and so is invulnerable to attack". 

This is part of the whole issue I have of allowing players to attack each other, but having guards protect them.  The bounty hunter, guard, jail system is a popular topic of discusion, but few take in consideration the potential for mis-clicks and bugs.  If you have a "safe zone" in the game, just make is so it is impossible to attack.  This is the most fool proof way.  I personally have been killed by trainers and guards in other games many times from mis-clicks, usually from questing, and have always whished at least my trainer would just stun me or something instead of the insta-kill.  Thankfully, PS does not have such a thing.  Implementing any kind of guard protection would probably change that.

It is realatively easy to have a safe zone and a rpk zone, anything inbetween is much more complecated to do, and typically introduces more bugs, exploits than it fixes.